Which one is faster 2500k @ 4.6GHZ vs Haswell 4770 (non-k)

Hi wondering which is faster. since I couldn't find any comparisons between the 2.

SB 2500k @ 4.6 GHZ  vs HW 4770 @ 3.9GHZ (Turbo)

Since it's been said that IPC from Sandybridge to Haswell is roughly 17-21% probably alittle less then that.

So roughly comparing the 2 in terms of Sandybridge architecture the 4770 is roughly around 4.1 GHZ SB?

95% sure clockspeed is king in this case... The power per clock or whatever it is called hasn't been improved all that much between sandy bridge, ivy bridge and haswell from what I have gathered. 

Edit: Missed that one was a i7 and one an i5. If it is an application that benefit from multi-core usage, It will be iffy, but in most games I think the above is correct. 

the i5 2500K at 4.6GHz wins can't really compare it to the i7 4770K but you can look at the i5 4670K for comparison not much difference tbh well not enough to upgrade from a stable 4.6 GHz overclock on SB.

95% sure clockspeed is king in this case... The power per clock or whatever it is called hasn't been improved all that much between sandy bridge, ivy bridge and haswell from what I have gathered. 

It's IPC. Instructions per clock. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

the i5 2500K at 4.6GHz wins can't really compare it to the i7 4770K

Depends on the usage case scenario.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I'm not certain about gaming performance, but going by cinebench scores, my 2500k at 4.2 ghz gets 6.45. According to this review 

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/processors/intel-core-i7-4770k-1156062/review

The 4770 gets 8.05. Thats impressive. It would take at least 5 ghz to match it on a 2500k.

But again, it's just a synthetic benchmark. If all you care about is gaming and light video recording, I think a 4.6 ghz 2500k is still extremely good. 

I'm not certain about gaming performance, but going by cinebench scores, my 2500k at 4.2 ghz gets 6.45. According to this review

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/processors/intel-core-i7-4770k-1156062/review

The 4770 gets 8.05. Thats impressive. It would take at least 5 ghz to match it on a 2500k.

But again, it's just a synthetic benchmark. If all you care about is gaming and light video recording, I think a 4.6 ghz 2500k is still extremely good.

you re comparing a 4 core 2500k to a 4 core + hyperthreading 4770, of course synthetic will favor the i7 with hyper threading instead of the i5 without.

the 4670 (i5) gets 6.41 stock compared to your 6.45 for your 2500k.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Oh that's right, I forgot about hyperthreading in synthetic benchmarks. 

Although that helps my point even more then. an OC'ed 2500k for gaming purposes is still a monster. 

If you get that 2500k up to 4.7-4.8, that'll be so much better than a 4770 in old/poor games AND will match the 4770 in almost every multi threaded benchmark.

the 2500k, kinda a weird question, do you currently have a 2500k? What situation makes u choose between an oc'd 2500k and a 4770nonk? but for gaming and light rendering or whatever I'd take the 2500k

Cinebench is not synthetic.

Is it not? I thought an outside program, not a game, is a synthetic benchmark. 

Cinebench is a real world program.

Quote from their website: CINEBENCH is a real-world cross platform test suite that evaluates your computer's performance capabilities.

the 2500k, kinda a weird question, do you currently have a 2500k? What situation makes u choose between an oc'd 2500k and a 4770nonk? but for gaming and light rendering or whatever I'd take the 2500k

Well I have a 4770 available to me, hence why I was asking. I just wasn't sure if it was worth while to swap out the 2500k and purchase a new motherboard, if it wasn't much of an upgrade.  I could get it to 4.7+ but it requires a bump in voltage around 1.375v last time I checked, however weather is pretty hot and humid currently.

I do like the i7 is multithreaded so should perform better in encodes for videos, but I just didn't know by how much. Not sure about gaming performance though. Probably the 2500k wins in most respects due to clock speed probably loses in Crysis 3.

Still on the fence since I'd have to purchase a motherboard for a the new socket. If I remember correctly Asrock had some motherboards that had a "no k oc" feature for their Ivy Bridge line which had a slight multiplier adjustment. Wondering if there is something similar out there in the market right now, that has something similar.