John Oliver interviews Edward Snowden

SIGSEGV

Actual interview begins around 15:00

Main points:
  • The NSA spied on unicef
  • Edward Snowden has read every single document he's ever leaked
  • The NSA passes around nudes
  • People are concerned that the NSA is passing around their nudes
  • The problem is that it's hard for people to understand what exactly is going on
  • "You shouldn't change your behaviour because a government agency somewhere is doing the wrong thing"

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Why is it that when snowden opens his mouth i feel like my intellect is increasing as a result. He is a very down to earth person which is awesome.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Why is it that when snowden opens his mouth i feel like my intellect is increasing as a result. He is a very down to earth person which is awesome.

Because you browse LTT.

TL;DR:

The NSA can see your dick pics.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

well to get the pick of my girth you are going to need at least 200 pictures, each around 1tb.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

awww. i cant watch that in australia :(

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

Use a proxy

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

no HBO? or is the video not available to view there?

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I got kind of annoyed at John first, but then I realized he was acting like your average Joe in order to make Edward dumb everything down.

Overall, very good and funny interview. I hope more people gets mad at the NSA and all other mass surveillance of innocent people going on.

I got kind of annoyed at John first, but then I realized he was acting like your average Joe in order to make Edward dumb everything down.

Overall, very good and funny interview. I hope more people gets mad at the NSA and all other mass surveillance of innocent people going on.

Surprisingly, the dick pic comparison works extremely well to dumb down the facts into layman's terms.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I just recently watched the entire show.  I recommend watching the whole segment mentioned in the OP.  It all has relevant information that is both humorous and eye-opening simultaneously.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Thank you for sharing this, it's as informative as it is hilarious.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Spoiler Alert!

the NSA is managed by Hydra

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

is there a vid with the jokes removed? cant stand oliver

Spoiler Alert!

the NSA is managed by Hydra

How so? They aren't acting hydra-esque. SHIELD likely acts the same way.

It's on DailyMotion and works fine.

How so? They aren't acting hydra-esque. SHIELD likely acts the same way.

apart from the flying carriers, shield and the nsa are almost the same thing imo

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I was thinking of posting this earlier before anyone had and wasn't sure if it qualified as tech news.

Oh well, I'm glad someone did.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Did I hear "We have to trust journalists to act responsibly" followed immediately by "Of course journalists are going to make mistakes, what do you expect?"

Did I hear "We have to trust journalists to act responsibly" followed immediately by "Of course journalists are going to make mistakes, what do you expect?"

Who else are you going to trust? Journalists are humans, just like everyone else. Everyone makes mistakes. We just have to trust that whistle blowers are going to put their trust in the right journalists.

I suppose you could give it to someone like Wikileaks instead, but then they would just put the whole damn thing up, with little concern for those bits which actually are important to national security.