LGBT community

carguy86
4 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

And I'm still wanting to move to Alabama. ??

Minnesota is shite *cough* among other reasons.

fades back into the shadows I emerged out of, as I am trying to refrain from using this site.

I mean, Manchester seems nice. It's a big city that's actually affordable while still having plenty of shit to do, plus New Hampshire has no income or sales tax so those are bonuses. Also, Manchester has Dyn, which I might be qualified for, being a network engineer by trade.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, Dark_wizzie said:

Probably going to come out as trans at work and legally change my name and gender in September when the laws change in California. My coworkers probably noticed I'm a bit different, but I don't really talk to them so I dunno what they're thinking. They treat me the same though.

Oh hello, didn't expect to see you here.

I could say the same thing. What the heck, I'll say it. Oh hello, didn't expect to see you here. ;) I'm getting fed up with the FUBARed OCN becoming Snafued so I'm "expanding my horizons".

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

In case you are curious, this is the broad behind the bird:

MiniMe.JPG.1bd79be2c7096bf96e493f6668144b52.JPG

Yeah, I know, the emu and my little truck look better.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

12 hours ago, Keith W said:

Hehe... no

Don't be so hard on yourself

pJCHVeJ.png

Linus is my fetish.

I don't have to be hard on myself; old age takes care of that for me. ;)

Jeannie

7 hours ago, NowakVulpix said:

I mean, Manchester seems nice. It's a big city that's actually affordable while still having plenty of shit to do, plus New Hampshire has no income or sales tax so those are bonuses. Also, Manchester has Dyn, which I might be qualified for, being a network engineer by trade.

7 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I want to move out of the US, I have very few friends here compared to canada or the UK...

But that shit ain't happening with a gross income of 75 USD a week

Hey you could move to my new street in Dewsbury!

http://www.harronhomes.com/find-a-home/west-yorkshire/amberwood-chase/home-styles/

Its a short distance from Leeds, Wakefield and Huddersfield, and a train or double bus route from Manchester!

Also in a rural spot surrounded by lovely farms.

And there's one last cheap house like mine available:

Poor peoples house

But that ones hard to get - needs based, connection to the area, only way I got one was by getting my council to give me an urgent need for housing assessment and disabilities. Otherwise you have to compete with single mothers who usually always win.

Linus is my fetish.

19 minutes ago, Keith W said:

I think they meant Manchester in New Hampshire USA

Still they might want to move to West Yorkshire.

Linus is my fetish.

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

Still they might want to move to West Yorkshire.

I'm fine with living in America, thanks :P 

4 hours ago, Keith W said:

Now now...

You are not ugly dude

cbj5jqv5cht01.jpg

Linus is my fetish.

Have any of you lived in Maryland virgina Rhode island or any of the states up there? Im wanting to leave iowa and im wondering what its like for living, and trans folks

4 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Have any of you lived in Maryland virgina Rhode island or any of the states up there? Im wanting to leave iowa and im wondering what its like for living, and trans folks

I live in Massachusetts. Not sure what it's like being trans because I'm cis, but trans folk are protected under state law.

12 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

I live in Massachusetts. Not sure what it's like being trans because I'm cis, but trans folk are protected under state law.

Ohhh, How is it there? Cost of living jobs and what not

1 minute ago, Cole5 said:

Ohhh, How is it there? Cost of living jobs and what not

It depends on where you live, but the state is all-around expensive. Pioneer Valley, for instance, is less expensive than MetroWest and the Greater Boston area, because nobody lives there, but it's still expensive for a rural area. Meanwhile, all the good jobs (especially IT jobs) are in central and eastern Massachusetts. So, if you want a good job, better pay up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also avoid Bristol County, it sucks here.

6 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

It depends on where you live, but the state is all-around expensive. Pioneer Valley, for instance, is less expensive than MetroWest and the Greater Boston area, because nobody lives there, but it's still expensive for a rural area. Meanwhile, all the good jobs (especially IT jobs) are in central and eastern Massachusetts. So, if you want a good job, better pay up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also avoid Bristol County, it sucks here.

Damnit, all im good for is manual labor (And that is litterly going down by the day) And Accounting 

Just now, Cole5 said:

Damnit, all im good for is manual labor (And that is litterly going down by the day) And Accounting 

Well, I mentioned those because I'm a network engineer. There are manual labor and accounting jobs here as well.

Bad Anime Night was a success.  Neo Yokio's madness was best enjoyed with queer nerdy friends, alcohol and chocolate cake. <3

On an unrelated note, I love Wotakoai.

5adcea351343e_WotakoiLoveisHardforOtaku1x02Episode21080pHDTVHorribleSubs.mkv_snapshot_17.38_2018_04_22_15_22_49.thumb.png.65f2e58772c1aba21774de151cf4b796.png

1 hour ago, NowakVulpix said:

Well, I mentioned those because I'm a network engineer. There are manual labor and accounting jobs here as well.

I'll check into it, I need a change of scenery, and someone with Atena Insuranse

1 hour ago, Cole5 said:

While in broad strokes, for sure, trans acceptance will vary by region.  It is important to remember that's not an absolute.  I'm here in Toronto, Canada, a happily liberal region where I even have the lesbian constable who is also the LGBT liason for the Toronto Police Service friended on Facebook, but I'm sure that with some research I could find landlords or workplaces in this city that are basically conservative garbage fires that would happily try to screw you over for being LGBT.  You'll find it anywhere, it's just harder or easier to find in different places so do more specific research than just 'what laws are on the books' and such.

And frankly, for trans stuff, your best move to acceptance is well, passing.  I realize that can be something that some can have very little control over and that sucks but it's also true.  The less about you there IS to accept then the more you are going to be seamlessly accepted.

25 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

While in broad strokes, for sure, trans acceptance will vary by region.  It is important to remember that's not an absolute.  I'm here in Toronto, Canada, a happily liberal region where I even have the lesbian constable who is also the LGBT liason for the Toronto Police Service friended on Facebook, but I'm sure that with some research I could find landlords or workplaces in this city that are basically conservative garbage fires that would happily try to screw you over for being LGBT.  You'll find it anywhere, it's just harder or easier to find in different places so do more specific research than just 'what laws are on the books' and such.

And frankly, for trans stuff, your best move to acceptance is well, passing.  I realize that can be something that some can have very little control over and that sucks but it's also true.  The less about you there IS to accept then the more you are going to be seamlessly accepted.

Im honetly less worried about being accepted and more worried about being hunted or murdered honestly, which is why i kinda want to get out of where i am in deep south end of Iowa

30 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This body's proportions are so far off that I'd be better off waiting for medical science to transplant brains. :P

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

This body's proportions are so far off that I'd be better off waiting for medical science to transplant brains. :P

Eh, I think what 'passing' is to a lot of young, untransitioned trans people isn't what it always really is.  Women come in a lot of shapes and sizes despite a lot of young trans people thinking 'small and short' is all that works.  I know exceptionally passable trans people who are tall and not exactly small.  On the other hand I know trans women with much more modest proportions who have much more trouble passing due to a single feature like a very significant jaw line.

This all said, while I do kinda get why a lot of those who sit on the sidelines and don't transsition because they won't look like 'How they wish they looked like' but here's a huge spoiler; A lot of women don't look the way they wish they looked like.

I pass like a four dollar bill—I don't even try anymore (although I wish I had a more feminine face and body)—and I rarely have problems (being big as a horse, part Irish, part German, and total bitch doesn't hurt). What I have learned over the years (make that decades; I fully transitioned back in early '97) is how well people will accept you depends a lot on how well you accept yourself. If you are comfortable with who you are, not just how you look, people are far more likely to be comfortable with you. If you are uncomfortable with yourself, people will be far more likely to be uncomfortable with you.

This isn't to say you won't have to deal with bigoted jerks at time. When I worked third shift at a convenience store to supplement my pension after retiring at 55, the only times anyone attacked my sexuality was when they didn't get their way, such as getting carded, failing a carding, refusing to take larger bills than store policy permitted, etc. Hate happens; just don't let it rule your life!

Jeannie

I wish I was taller...when people meet me they think I'm 18 or 19...

Maybe I'd look more my age if I actually wear makeup. O.o

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X