LGBT community

carguy86

Derail ahead (Which never happens here)

So I read, for the first time I read a gay book "Openly Straight" it was soo fun cute and loveable. It just left me is wanting to read more anyone know any good ones? My favorite genre of literature is coming of age sci-fi fantasy before now I never really liked romance much at all.

1 hour ago, TheCryoknight said:

Derail ahead (Which never happens here)

So I read, for the first time I read a gay book "Openly Straight" it was soo fun cute and loveable. It just left me is wanting to read more anyone know any good ones? My favorite genre of literature is coming of age sci-fi fantasy before now I never really liked romance much at all.

Wow, that looks like a really good read. I'll have to get it soon. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

GUYS. I REALIZED. RGB IS GAY, IT IS THE RAINBOW FLAG

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

I LOVE MY RGB CASE OK. THE PHANTEKS P400S TG IS FUCKING BEAUT K. 

uPDATING SOON:

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

20 years of ATi and AMD products and there's finally a NVidia card in my system.  Sorry AMD, but Vega just didn't seem promising enough and this GTX 1080 was well priced.

10 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

20 years of ATi and AMD products and there's finally a NVidia card in my system.  Sorry AMD, but Vega just didn't seem promising enough and this GTX 1080 was well priced.

Welcome to Team Green, enjoy your stay :P 

25 minutes ago, Daring said:

Welcome to Team Green, enjoy your stay :P 

Honestly, it's whatever suits me best at the time of purchase.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Honestly, it's whatever suits me best at the time of purchase.

Right. This isn't a charity, so you shouldn't reward a company for a bad product. If a competing company has the better product, then that is what you should go for.

2 hours ago, Daring said:

Right. This isn't a charity, so you shouldn't reward a company for a bad product. If a competing company has the better product, then that is what you should go for.

Pretty much and that's why I don't really see it as 'Teams'.  Though AMD and Nvidia kept neck in neck for such a long time one wasn't necessarily 'worse' than the other when you weighed all sides.  But right now, power consumption, cost, all that, the GTX 1080 was the smartest buy.

That said, while Ryzen is great and we have six core consumer i7's in the pipe, my i7 4930K will be four years old come New Years but it's still GREAT with just a new GPU paired with it.  It'll def go at least another year as my desktop CPU.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Pretty much and that's why I don't really see it as 'Teams'.  Though AMD and Nvidia kept neck in neck for such a long time one wasn't necessarily 'worse' than the other when you weighed all sides.  But right now, power consumption, cost, all that, the GTX 1080 was the smartest buy.

That said, while Ryzen is great and we have six core consumer i7's in the pipe, my i7 4930K will be four years old come New Years but it's still GREAT with just a new GPU paired with it.  It'll def go at least another year as my desktop CPU.

I'm really looking at upgrading my i5-4690K to a i7-8700K by the end of the year because I apparently got a bad piece of silicon and never realized that until I got my 1070. I'm honestly really excited about there being a hexacore i7 without needing to spend a fortune on a HEDT platform.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

I'm really looking at upgrading my i5-4690K to a i7-8700K by the end of the year because I apparently got a bad piece of silicon and never realized that until I got my 1070. I'm honestly really excited about there being a hexacore i7 without needing to spend a fortune on a HEDT platform.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I agree. Originally when it came out I wanted to sidegrade to it but as time went on I realized there was no point at this time for me. My 4790k has tons left in it and that's without a high OC so I can probably get away with this thing for another 3-5 years

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Just now, 8uhbbhu8 said:

I agree. Originally when it came out I wanted to sidegrade to it but as time went on I realized there was no point at this time for me. My 4790k has tons left in it and that's without a high OC so I can probably get away with this thing for another 3-5 years

Similarly, this is why the 3770K in my HTPC isn't showing age problems.  Oh SURE, a new i7 CPU could show a measurable percentage increase in performance for what I use it for, video playback and couch gaming, but you'd basically spend $350 on the CPU and $100 or so on the mobo, that's $450 for an improvement that'd be 'incremental' at best.

10 minutes ago, Daring said:

r y z e n

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Well, YouTube seems to play a fair bit better on this Athlon than it did on my FX-4100.

For one, 1080p60 video doesn't drop a stupid amount of frames when windowed.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Well, YouTube seems to play a fair bit better on this Athlon than it did on my FX-4100.

For one, 1080p60 video doesn't drop a stupid amount of frames when windowed.

4k yt vids must've been unplayable

I had a laptop made in the last 4 years that couldn't really play much above 1440p. Barring connection speeds it was horrible lol 1440p is sometimes do-able on my connection. 

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

4k yt vids must've been unplayable

I had a laptop made in the last 4 years that couldn't really play much above 1440p. Barring connection speeds it was horrible lol 1440p is sometimes do-able on my connection. 

Yeah, 2160p was barely doable at 24fps. 30fps was just too choppy.

Current setup can almost play 1440p60 video.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Daring said:

m i c r o c e n t e r m a k e s i n t e l a f f o r d a b l e

I live fairly close to a Micro Center but I'd still rather get Ryzen. :P 

Just now, wcreek said:

I live fairly close to a Micro Center but I'd still rather get Ryzen. :P 

I live just about 20 hrs drive from a micro center. FML.

Build

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

2160p video at 30fps is almost doable. It pauses a little too much for it to really be viable but otherwise it's not that bad.

xKG9c.jpg

I'd imagine 24fps video would cope better.

neat

My internet is the real limitation from me watching 4k videos (24fps or 30fps) i3 6100 and RX 470 can do it easily lol

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

I live just about 20 hrs drive from a micro center. FML.

Press F to Pay Respects

F

7 hours ago, DeezNoNos said:

That's how it starts. You let yer sons rainbow up their PCs, next thing you know, they're watching HGTV, drinking daiquiris and doin' summ' called 'brunch'.

Spoiler

Git-R-Done