Help selecting the best camera for me

Go to solution Solved by acidydragon,

I just bought a camera :)

I ended up getting the t3i. Thanks for the two suggestions :D.

Reasons for my choice:

One - Fantastic sale at a local store, I got a $50 case, $300 lense, and the generic $600 camera kit, all for $750. (U.S. Dollars) *Note* I broke my budget, but am very happy with my extra $50.

Two - The most recommended camera as far as I could find. I specificly wanted a DLSR for its expandability, and versital uses, and for a beginner camera, this was the one everyone recommended. (On this forum, and others.)

Three - Last, but probably one of the key points, my friends have Canons. Beyond just their recommendations, I also am able to use some of their lenses. (A huuuge plus!)

Hello all, and thank you for clicking my thread. My names Kyle, and I'm looking to buy a DSLR camera. My phone has really just isn't cutting it anymore.

So, my price range is around $700.

My use case would be video/photos.

I'm a musician and want to be able to record video of me playing (I have separate audio equipment), I also go camping quite a bit and want to take photos of my adventures.

All help would be super appreciated!

Also, while I'm at it for future reference, what would be a good tripod?

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I'd say go with the Nikon D5200 lens kit. As for a tripod, you really get what you pay for. You can't go wrong there.

Pretty amazing stuff

Sony NEX-5N - nice cont. AF during video, and it's small to carry around.

I need more SSDs.

I just bought a camera :)

I ended up getting the t3i. Thanks for the two suggestions :D.

Reasons for my choice:

One - Fantastic sale at a local store, I got a $50 case, $300 lense, and the generic $600 camera kit, all for $750. (U.S. Dollars) *Note* I broke my budget, but am very happy with my extra $50.

Two - The most recommended camera as far as I could find. I specificly wanted a DLSR for its expandability, and versital uses, and for a beginner camera, this was the one everyone recommended. (On this forum, and others.)

Three - Last, but probably one of the key points, my friends have Canons. Beyond just their recommendations, I also am able to use some of their lenses. (A huuuge plus!)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME