How do you guys take notes?

Ryou-kun

Pencil and paper is the way I go.  It is also the way I have my students go unless they use the camera phone in certain situations.  The key to good note taking is finding the key terms and concepts and writing down what you need to know, and paraphrasing.  If you have the term written down you can look it up in the book later.  I always compared my notes to the chapter in the book that we were covering in case I missed anything.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has five different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salted sheep heads

I can't really read my own hand writing sooo. Yeah by pc if i can. I have a damn good memory so that has saved my life. I have had teacher ask if i could type something. I just ask at the start of the class if they can read this, then we go from there.

I dont usually take notes but when I do I have to write them down. IT really helps with retention of information more than typing imo. Its easier to remember what you write than what you type

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

Quick question.

If the teacher/Professor uses a Power Points, but there is no text or info on it, however, you have to take notes by what the teacher/Professor lecturing.

How do you guys take notes if it happen? I am sure any College/University students has experience that before.

Well you listen closely and try to disseminate the important bits.  Your second option is to get a recorder and tape the teacher, so you can play it back later.  Most college professors are usually ok with this.  Highschool teachers are a different story, some will allow it and some will not it depends on the teacher.  Me personally I do not allow it.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has five different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salted sheep heads

Well you listen closely and try to disseminate the important bits.  Your second option is to get a recorder and tape the teacher, so you can play it back later.  Most college professors are usually ok with this.  Highschool teachers are a different story, some will allow it and some will not it depends on the teacher.  Me personally I do not allow it.

I tried writing down what they said that sounds important.

Major gripe is that I tend to forget what they say while I was writing. :(

Recording their voice is good but ... it felt like a chore going back and listening again, lol.

Depends on what im doing. Most of the time it will be on Google  docs but i would use a pen/pencil and notepad if im doing DIY

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

I'm Serious. @Ryou-kun

aamir-khan-wallpapers-ghajini.jpg

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

For taking notes in class and speeches and whatnot I use and prefer to use good old paper and pen. I can type fast, sure, but I make more errors while typing than I do while writing. 

As for reminder type of notes, I use a note taking app on my phone called Color Note and then pin those notes/reminders to my notification panel. 

COMIC SANS

math: Pencil/paper

english: I am far faster and neater while typing (dell win 8 tablet with a hard keyboard/extra battery)

Music: I usually just listen (he even records lectures so I usually listen to them while cleaning my dorm or walking around campus)

philosophy: My professor wrote the book to follow along with during lectures, so I do the work in the workbook, other notes are done in pencil in a notebook

others: pencil and paper

Next year I will be taking several code/electrical classes. The code classes will be typed notes, while the electrical will probably be either pencil/paper or a I will get a nice stylus and use the dell tablet to take hand written notes. 

Quick question.

If the teacher/Professor uses a Power Points, but there is no text or info on it, however, you have to take notes by what the teacher/Professor lecturing.

How do you guys take notes if it happen? I am sure any College/University students has experience that before.

Same. Still with Google docs.

Faster with typing than writing

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Right now, I am curious how YOU guys take notes with paper and pencil/pen or tablet with stylus.

I know some if not most of you guys will say, you guys will take notes with tablet and keyboard, laptop or just none, lol.

As for taking notes such as math, science, history, English, etc.

Do you guys have any tips or tricks on it?

Or an examples that I could do the same or similar to it.

I am just trying to find a new note taking styles.

Doing my GCSE and tests are only 1.5 months away. Making mind maps. Managed to get 1/3 of the chemistry syllabus on 2 sides of A3. not as hard as you think 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Do any of you guys take math notes with Microsoft Office Excel or any Spreadsheet programs, lol?

My friend told me you can take notes with it which it makes me curious...

When I was in school I used pen and paper, for the most part. Near the end I started to use a laptop as I can type quicker than I can write.

I would not recommend using excel, but if you have a touch screen or tablet there are several smart board like apps that would allow you to write on the screen and convert into typed notes.  Also there is one designed specifically for math, that will even solve problems for you. The name escapes me at the moment though.... sorry

I would not recommend using excel, but if you have a touch screen or tablet there are several smart board like apps that would allow you to write on the screen and convert into typed notes.  Also there is one designed specifically for math, that will even solve problems for you. The name escapes me at the moment though.... sorry

Oh, I have a tablet and use a stylus to take notes, lol.

Do you mean "MyScript Calculator?"

You can handwrite the math problems, and it automatically solve it for you.

Interesting but I rarely use it. :P

Yes, that is the one

Smash my head to the table untill I can remember it.

Used to go with the standard notes app built in with OS X. I mean, why not. It works right. It did. Untill it someday it tried to sync itself with god knows what, removing everything in the process.

Thank you Apple. Thank you Obama. 

Another question.

For those take notes with paper and pencil, do you guys have your own format or whatever to take notes?

Like do you use Cornell notes, regular bullet points, write down whatever your professor/teacher say, etc?

By taking out my phone and snapping as many pictures of the board as I can. I also use my trusty Pilot G-2 pen and my forearm, but only in odd circumstances

Will Barnes

Radeon Master Race Club Member

Another question.

For those take notes with paper and pencil, do you guys have your own format or whatever to take notes?

Like do you use Cornell notes, regular bullet points, write down whatever your professor/teacher say, etc?

Cornell notes, usually

Will Barnes

Radeon Master Race Club Member

Another question.

I would write down the important stuff in some semblance of an outline form and then retype everything after class including information from the book readings as a form of studying and organizing my notes.