What's your IQ?

AroundWayOtherThe

Sorry to burst your bubble OP but that's not a real IQ test. Hell, most of the answers have a single correct answer and relies on math or language skills, which is not how an IQ test works. it didn't even time you which is also an important part of a real IQ test (and it would be really easy to cheat on this test)

Want a question from a real IQ test?

Spot the odd word out:

• Bright
  • Hope
  • Sun
  • Cat
  • Chair

I took the IQ test Mensa had on their website before and got 124. It's a pretty meaningless thing anyway. Did you know that IQ is not a rigid scale? It is based on the average where 100 is always average. If everyone on the entire earth except you lost 10 IQ, then the average IQ would still be 100, but your IQ would have increased, without you actually becoming smarter.

IQ tests (or at least real ones) also scales with age. A 15 year old with an IQ of 150 might score the same IQ as an adult with the IQ of 100 (pulling numbers out of thin air but you get the point). Some tests and scales take age into account though and compensates. IQ is a very complex thing to calculate, but in the real world pretty much useless.

Don't worry if you score low on a test, and don't be too proud if you score high. The test might be bad, and even if it is a proper test it still does not mean you are dumb (or smart for that matter).

Sorry to burst your bubble OP but that's not a real IQ test. Hell, most of the answers have a single correct answer and relies on math or language skills, which is not how an IQ test works. it didn't even time you which is also an important part of a real IQ test (and it would be really easy to cheat on this test)

Want a question from a real IQ test?

I took the IQ test Mensa had on their website before and got 124. It's a pretty meaningless thing anyway. Did you know that IQ is not a rigid scale? It is based on the average where 100 is always average. If everyone on the entire earth except you lost 10 IQ, then the average IQ would still be 100, but your IQ would have increased, without you actually becoming smarter.

IQ tests (or at least real ones) also scales with age. A 15 year old with an IQ of 150 might score the same IQ as an adult with the IQ of 100 (pulling numbers out of thin air but you get the point). Some tests and scales take age into account though and compensates. IQ is a very complex thing to calculate, but in the real world pretty much useless.

Don't worry if you score low on a test, and don't be too proud if you score high. The test might be bad, and even if it is a proper test it still does not mean you are dumb (or smart for that matter).

I couldn't agree more also the odd word out thing, I'm drawing a blank but for some reason I'm drawn to cat

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

there can be no perfect answers

because configuration questions are never perfect

it be cool measure how smart we are

but for me, is impossible

another way to see this is, if you already know all the answers, the test is valid in you?  ^_^

134, not bad. Better to go somewhere to do it rather than online.

136 :| but thats from a legit IQ test

Character artist in the Games industry.

158 in a test I did at Mensa when I was 13. 

Never trusted IQ test on the internet. They never tell you what IQ scale they are using and modern IQ test also test general knowledge and how well one understands words. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

123 got bored and started guessing the last few patterns :P

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Just had a laugh, I thought I'd try that and I scored an IQ of 96 lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

So you know, IQ test are only "slightly" accurate. It is a test of "predicted intelligence" that is only viable for younger children. By the time you become an adult, the test is no longer valid due to various psychological and physiological changes.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

got 131

didnt know how to solve the ones with the numbers

would be cool if some one taught me here :)

3rd year in UNI majoring in accountancy and i forgot all the basic math stuff :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

170 i don't believe in the whole ''IQ'' Thing ..

Interested in Business and Technology

150 like everyone else is sayin these only mean sso much...

Ok, so I just got back to this thread and read through all the comments. I know these crappy 20Q online tests are meaningless (I've ranged from 100-150 in all of the ones I've taken, so quite the margin of error), but I just wanted to have a mildly fun discussion topic. I would actually like to have a proper IQ test, but haven't had the opportunity or drive to seek one out.

Wit is educated insolence.

I always doubt how legit these test are. Then again, actual IQ testing is not accurate, since it can vary based on mood, time of day, whether or not you ate etc.

Correct and not so correct,  IQ tests will definitely vary depending on the day and how tired you are etc. However if you were to do one every week for a while your average would be a very good indicator of whatever skillset that IQ test centres on.

These online tests should be taken with a grain of salt as they are not properly validated or scaled.  The average IQ results of any IQ test should be 100. That is that half the people who take the test should score below and the other half above.  Google the "bell curve" for a graph.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I knew this girl a few years ago and she was quite literally stupid, she could barely read or write (spelling, grammer and punctuation wasn't a stong point) and yet she scored an IQ of 161, a single point above Einstein, she also couldn't even make herself meal, if you can't even cook for yourself (at a basic level) I fail to see how someone could be intelligent.

And I've also met people who are amazingly intelligent especially when it comes to mechanical engineering (kind of like me :P) yet scored a below average IQ of around 90.

That's why I don't believe in the IQ test, to measure intelligence I think they should adopt the military spatial reasoning test which measures a wide variety of things lol

She may be Autistic.  Because people can be smart with somethings and not others they will not always present as intelligent but may actually be very intelligent.  With ASD, a verbal IQ can be quite low. For example not understanding spoken instruction, not picking up on sarcasm or simply being very literal and not understand what was meant. but when it comes to math, abstract reasoning and problem solving an Autistic persons IQ might be through the roof. So when the test results are added up if her performance IQ is sufficiently high, it might completely negate a sub average verbal IQ. 

I Know a lot about Autism, and What you describe is just that.    

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The big problem is how does one define "smart"? That question is completely subjective so an IQ test could never be valid as the person(s) creating the test will always add their own bias knowingly or unknowingly. That being said do I consider myself smart? No, I don't as I cannot make that judgement of what smart is, however to alot of people Im considered smart as I fall into their own personal definition of smart. Its like the age old question of what is beauty? It cannot be answered in an unbiased way.

The big problem is how does one define "smart"? That question is completely subjective so an IQ test could never be valid as the person(s) creating the test will always add their own bias knowingly or unknowingly. That being said do I consider myself smart? No, I don't as I cannot make that judgement of what smart is, however to alot of people Im considered smart as I fall into their own personal definition of smart. Its like the age old question of what is beauty? It cannot be answered in an unbiased way.

IQ tests don't contain general knowledge questions. They are mostly problem solving and require only very basic maths and English skills to complete.  They are also very carefully engineered so that they do not discriminate according to age.   

Between 1 and 500.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

IQ tests don't contain general knowledge questions. They are mostly problem solving and require only very basic maths and English skills to complete.  They are also very carefully engineered so that they do not discriminate according to age.   

I meant add a bias based on the test creators own personal definition of what smart is, the board might consider smart to be skills in math and English so they make the test to include alot of questions on these two topics, you are right that there are no general knowledge questions, however math and English are not everything so the test cannot be a measure of how smart you are. I made no notion of discrimination based on ages or races, im referring to the phenomenon know as "The Testers Bias".

I meant add a bias based on the test creators own personal definition of what smart is, the board might consider smart to be skills in math and English so they make the test to include alot of questions on these two topics, you are right that there are no general knowledge questions, however math and English are not everything so the test cannot be a measure of how smart you are. I made no notion of discrimination based on ages or races, im referring to the phenomenon know as "The Testers Bias".

There is no "tester bias" in an IQ test though. Real IQ tests are developed by several testers and normed so the average result of the tested results in a score of 100.  95% of the population should score between 70 and 130 with the remaining 2.5% above 130 and 2.5% below 70.   They take great care to ensure the results are as accurate as possible.

I know you didn't mention age discrimination, I only added that as further information regarding IQ tests.

Edit: the wiki page entry for IQ tests is not a bad read for anyone interested in how the developed.

I got 4...

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

There is no "tester bias" in an IQ test though. Real IQ tests are developed by several testers and normed so the average result of the tested results in a score of 100.  95% of the population should score between 70 and 130 with the remaining 2.5% above 130 and 2.5% below 70.   They take great care to ensure the results are as accurate as possible.

I know you didn't mention age discrimination, I only added that as further information regarding IQ tests.

Edit: the wiki page entry for IQ tests is not a bad read for anyone interested in how the developed.

I have a hard time believing your posts because of your signature

Wit is educated insolence.