Scientists at Large Hadron Collider look to prove "rainbow gravity" theory, disprove Big Bang.

DevilishBooster

Firing it up next week eh? Hopefully on April 1st.

I would agree, but the article was actually written on 20 March, so it's supposed to happen this week.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

The original post has been updated. Look there for more information, and make sure that you actually read the complete article before jumping to conclusions.

Here is a link to the original paper behind this work.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0370269315001562

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Here is a link to the original paper behind this work.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0370269315001562

Yup. I did a second update and changed the thread title to something more appropriate.

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

No, I'm familiar with uncertainty principle. I'm talking about the theory that every sub atomic particle in the universe might actually be the same one time travelling around.

Quantum mechanics is enough to blow your brain up :)

"If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics." - Richard Feynman :D

Personally I just cant see everything only being one set of subatomic particles, Its not logical at all.... But that would help explain Quantum Entanglement haha.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I would agree, but the article was actually written on 20 March, so it's supposed to happen this week.

Aw shucks :(

| CPU: Core i5-3570K  |  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  |  CPU Cooler: CM Seidon 120V |

| GPU: EVGA GTX 970 ACX  |  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 mhz |

As long as it's science and not Leprechaun Jesus Fairy Dragon.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

But in all seriousness, generating a micro singularity at a specific power doesn't prove the existence of another dimension surely? It's just like punching a ream of paper doesn't prove how many sheets there are - you have to get between each one and measure them as being separate entities. It will be interesting if they succeed to see the reasoning.

A) Math can be used to do amazing things.

Second, you don't need to measure every single thing to determine it's effects or existence.

C) I am not convinced that this will be used to prove a given theory 100%, but rather provide supporting evidence of a given theory or disprove the theory.

Interesting! I can't see they will make progress in my lifetime though, doesn't seem likely, but if they do even better. Would like to see the results for whatever they may be.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Last time they were looking for the higgs bozon, they found it ages ago so now they've added more power to the LHC and set off in search of extra dimensions.

It's going to be so exciting when we build a particle accelerator/collision device in space with very little gravity and weight constraints.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The comments here are just...expected.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

do you think this alternate universe will have half life 3 confirmed?

But in all seriousness, generating a micro singularity at a specific power doesn't prove the existence of another dimension surely? It's just like punching a ream of paper doesn't prove how many sheets there are - you have to get between each one and measure them as being separate entities. It will be interesting if they succeed to see the reasoning.

Unless a rather large space kraken appears suddenly in Geneva. I'll take that as evidence enough

You don't even know what the theory is and you're using your analogy to make conclusions?

Using gravity's rainbow, the scientists found that a little bit more energy is required to produce mini black holes at the LHC than previously thought. 

So far, the LHC has searched for mini black holes at energy levels below 5.3 TeV. According to gravity's rainbow, this energy is too low. Instead, the model predicts that black holes may form at energy levels of at least 9.5 TeV in six dimensions and 11.9 TeV in 10 dimensions.

Since the LHC is designed to reach 14 TeV in future runs, these predicted energy requirements for black hole production should be accessible.

Detecting miniature black holes at those certain energy levels would indicate the existence of extra dimensions, which would support string theory and related models that predict the existence of extra dimensions as well as parallel universes.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

So, Doom or Half-life? :)

In real life we might at least see what happens after Episode 2

It'll be like Starlabs. We all turn into super humans.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

inb4 people claiming black holes will destroy the world

The fear mongering is pretty funny,

df829724ae.jpg

I'll just hold out for the reports of John Titor, on this subject.

Back from the dead....

im not really seeing how this would disprove the big bang it might alter some specifics of it but from what i have read the only times the big bang is mentioned is in headlines

im not really seeing how this would disprove the big bang it might alter some specifics of it but from what i have read the only times the big bang is mentioned is in headlines

Yup, you can't "disprove" the Big Bang, you can replace it with something else or update it, but not disprove it.

That would be like trying to "disprove" that the Earth orbits the Sun, you could replace that theory with something similar but not disprove it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I will continue to say this until a physicist picks it up and runs with it.

Time is simply a measurement of chemical reactions, displayed linearly. There was no original big bang, there were multiple. Going off of the idea of the big crunch, when all the matter in the universe returns to point 0,0,0,0, (whatever designation you wish to give it) there will be a second big bang. It's a rubber banding effect, think of it as a waveform graph.

I have no mathematical reason to base this upon, but it makes sense in my head, @LukaP , if you could give it some legitimate thought, and maybe refine the idea, I'd appreciate it, I only want credit in name :P. Think of a bouncing ball, don't factor in energy, because as far as I know (we know?) black holes do not absorb energy. My theory is, eventual heat death for the universe (complete energy equilibrium), and then the black holes suck everything up, and then they suck each other up until another big bang happens. Also factor in what we know about physics, equal and opposite reactions etc.

Edit: am also very drunk right now :P

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have no mathematical reason to base this upon, but it makes sense in my head

this is not science, this is dreaming

And this is not how science works

Ohh drunk posts?

fair enough then, i posted some crap before while drunk tooo :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :D

END OF LINE

Time is simply a measurement of chemical reactions, displayed linearly. There was no original big bang, there were multiple. Going off of the idea of the big crunch, when all the matter in the universe returns to point 0,0,0,0, (whatever designation you wish to give it) there will be a second big bang. It's a rubber banding effect, think of it as a waveform graph.

I have no mathematical reason to base this upon, but it makes sense in my head, @LukaP , if you could give it some legitimate thought, and maybe refine the idea, I'd appreciate it, I only want credit in name :P. Think of a bouncing ball, don't factor in energy, because as far as I know (we know?) black holes do not absorb energy. My theory is, eventual heat death for the universe (complete energy equilibrium), and then the black holes suck everything up, and then they suck each other up until another big bang happens. Also factor in what we know about physics, equal and opposite reactions etc.

I have a theory in my head that I never tell anybody because I'm sure they would dismiss me as crazy, but that I wish I could tell to the right people to see if it holds any water. It's something that a friend and I came up with in a single lunch period way back in high school. We didn't even eat any of our lunch because we couldn't stop talking about it. It's one of those things that has been burning in the back of my mind for 10 years and I wish I could get it answered. Oh well, what can you do?

END OF LINE

The fear mongering is pretty funny,

df829724ae.jpg

URMAHGURD!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY'RE SAYING SO I'M GOING TO DEMONIZE IT!!!!!!

END OF LINE

URMAHGURD!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY'RE SAYING SO I'M GOING TO DEMONIZE IT!!!!!!

Lol just read the titles for other stories on the right side.

Yes kids, this is how science works...  they try to test and disprove everything that is proposed and everything that we know.

The stuff that works and cant be disproven is considered true and then built upon; and whatever you build upon it WILL fail if your previous info isnt correct.

So - its a self correcting, ever self testing mechanism to find out what in reality is really true.

I personally think that the parallel universe theories will all fail and turn out to be just another religious approach by our stupid species to answer big questions.