New Platform Launch Feedback & FAQ

I like what Vessel is doing, or well trying to do. The platform is current in its infancy and it shows very much, and until it grows I think people are going to have a hard time with the change to watching videos early there. While it is a good way to support you guys, it just is not yet up to YouTube's "quality" in terms of features and options for watchers, but hopefully that will change now that is has launched and people can start giving feedback. Keep up the great work guys and I hope the move ends up being what is right for you. 

Hmm. Hopefully this is a simple issue that can be resolved, I like the UI of vessel aside from the actual video quality which has been thoroughly discussed but I really hope this free year is a true free year.

So, my issue was resolved, presumably thanks to Nick. I can now see LMG's vids just fine on vessel. I really can't speak to the service much yet, though. I feel it needs more testing.

So far vessel has been running fine for me. The quality seems decent and it actually seems to be buffering less than YouTube.

Anyone else annoyed by the long continuous never ending stories fed to you style of Vessel?  I keep dragging that side bar down and it just keeps sending stories at me.  It is extremely annoying. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I watched some video that someone posted in this thread and it got on Vessel for not offering anything but free early access to content for $3.  Do you think it would make more sense that Vessel charges $3 and has content creator's sponsors and Vessel's sponsors offer discounts on the various products with some being for a limited time offer and others not?  Also with a charge to Vessel what about giveaways by Vessel?  All this mentioned would make it more attractive to people.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

so when and where will the winners of the giveaway will be announced  :unsure:

indeed :|

Oh sylvanar I think our entries were on the same page :D

I need an advice. I have a $5 subscription on the forums (which already is slightly behind the limit of what I'd normally pay for I don't "consume" daily) for which I get a ... feeling of not feeling like I should feel bad for watching someone's videos they do for living for free... if you know what I mean :D .

Now I can get the same feeling for 2 yank dollars less in addition to watching videos as they are released (I wonder if this is going to start piracy) and support something that might actually be a competition for Youtube. But LTT will get less out of me, obviously (what's Vessel's cut anyway?).

No I can't afford (read: different priorities) paying 8 USD.

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.

Hi, I'm actually really liking vessel and have the free year, and will probably continue to pay the subscription once the year is over. The only thing I don't like about it is the layout on mobile, I like to see each one of my subscriptions without having to scroll through the page-wide "previews".

My favorite videos on vessel are the hard pipe build log, and the recent acer monitor review.

I've commented on both of them and my vessel name is Rjected.

Can't wait to see the new office once it's done!

I think I will use Vessel if there is something that I really wan't to watch early. For normal reviews that I just watch to support, I will just stick with youtube. A mix of the two will work best for me

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

will the winner be announced via the forum or youtube video ? just want to know what page to refresh ! hahaha

will the winner be announced via the forum or youtube video ? just want to know what page to refresh ! hahaha

Same tell me tell me

Just announce the winners please. I really need a graphichs card (some thing like gtx980 hof will be superb) and I don't have money to buy one. If I don't win anything I will be have to wait till I save enough money.

I would expect them to at least say something about it on the WAN show, if they don't just draw the winners there.

I signed up and watched all the videos on the first day. I liked having extra LTT videos to watch.

The UI and video quality for vessel are absolutely atrocious. I'm not even posting my username or bothering with this giveaway because vessel is that bad. YouTube's UI  and video quality aren't anything to write home about, but they are still infinitely superior to vessel. What's the point of having all these expensive cameras and equipment if your most hardcore fans watching early are relegated to shit video quality and an overall poor experience?

I suggest LTT considers crowd-funding in a patreon manner. Consider the fact that these patreons have fanbases that are much smaller than Linus's: 

https://www.patreon.com/acedtect($175,000+/annum)

https://www.patreon.com/nightattack($110,000+/annum for one video/week)

... these videos get a few thousand of views compared to hundreds of thousands of views for LTT videos. The overall experience when watching these shows is far superior to vessel shit. You might think that this crowd-funding is not sustainable, but these two have been going for well over a year and have only increased over time.

Just announce the winners please. I really need a graphichs card (some thing like gtx980 hof will be superb) and I don't have money to buy one. If I don't win anything I will be have to wait till I save enough money.

if you have 7 entries you have a 3 percent chance of winning.... there is almost no way you could win... i would start saving buddy