New Platform Launch Feedback & FAQ

For video quality, 480p is the "HD off" option and 720p is the "HD on" option

I mean there is no 1080p, I won't cry for 1440p or 4K but at least FullHD, also there is no Android app.

Probably they will fix those VERY big problems soon but I wanted to complain so they do it faster :)

The platform seems to be very focused on engaging the users on a more personal level, so I like it, also the paying model especially at such a low cost is a good thing, hopefully Vessel will divide it fairly between themselves and the content creators, but I assume Linus and the others won't be trying it out if it wasn't so.

So I thought i'd be a good guy and test Vessel for a while before leaving this comment. 

So firstly i support the LTT move to Vessel with the stability at camp youtube adding another more stable revenue source is great.this means regardless of the impact Vessel has on me i will continue to support LMG.

The initial impact: I noticed was that because of social media the content flow has become disjointed quick snaps of hardware came long before youtube releases, not a big deal. I think LTT has handled the Shift well they took on the extra workload to get one week ahead of content and youtube viewers WILL NOT BE AFFECTED and that is why i support the shift. 

YT=youtube

The Vessel Platform:

$3 per month is very little although but I have my problems.

I made a few comments but these are the thing i miss from youtube.

• Links and hot-spots (whatever YT calls it) in the description the links are not clickable... seriously.. that is dumb. also hotspots are in videos but not a feature on Vessel, the alternative i'd suggest is adding those links in the description on vessel with the image for easy reference (but won't be clickable)
    • [i see this was fixed but still note the later part of the comment]
  • Video Quality, personally i have BAD internet due to my international location, Vessel does not support the manual scaling of the video which i want, some videos i need to watch in high-res, some not. this would imho fix my streaming issues. 
  • Watchlists, I Love the YT watch list especially the "watch later" button Vessel does not have this. 

I Think many youtubers could shift to Vessel without effecting the YT viewers

LMG work on Vessel: 

I understand the overheads that would be required to fix some of my issues but a bridge solution would help.

• The videos are still made for youtube: "like, dislike" click 'here' for that video, specifically i do not like that there are NO links to annotated videos that are suggested.
  • Copy-pasting Description Text. Seriously please take 2 minutes to do a description text that is not the same content that is on YT a "thanks for trying Vessel try video X it will be out tomorrow a week before YT" would be appreciated.
  • While I am here why can't we start discussing the video on the forums when it comes live on Vessel?
  • For now Vessel is free, but the $3 per month i think should maybe carry a little more value for viewers than the week  lead time on videos where the lead time won't make any effect. frankly i am on Vessel for LMG and maybe an exclusive would be nice.

I understand that you can't keep everyone happy, but try add some value to Vessel. 

I got the free year altough i already had an account just for following LTT! Very nice move from vessel! 

As a lot of youtube artists are switching (more like adding) to vessel and you can indirectly help them by paying the 3$ a month i think this is very well spent money and i will gladly do so once the free year runs out.

Regards.

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency

So I have tried Vessel for a few days. Its not bad but as other have mentioned Links and other videos are not clickable.

If I am going to stay on vessel I will more than likely unsubscribe from YouTube so i dont have to sort through the same vidoes I have already watched on Vessel.

Have you thought about the loss of followers \ watchers on youtube?

Hey, guys, just signed up for Vessel.  Just to nitpick a tiny bit, the quality of the video seems a bit washed out compared to YouTube.  The layout is MUCH cleaner, though.  I like Vessel so far.  We'll see how it evolves over the next year.

I'm looking into buying a full fledged gaming monitor, but I might wait a bit longer to see where the FreeSync vs GSync technology goes.

https://www.vessel.com/videos/aBRl_4ZS6

I just built an OMV NAS, and this makes me feel so inadequate!

https://www.vessel.com/videos/LCoY5zfFf

Seriously, though, that local storage video was awesome! Glad you're living the dream!

I'm not sure what happened, since I'm fairly sure these videos were uploaded to Vessel and YT using the same source video at around the same time and simply set to a 1 video per day schedule on YT.

I know YT streaming quality is in general  significantly better as a result of the higher bitrate but the screencaps look disproportionately worse than the rest of the video

And yes I realize I could embed the images, however the difference is much less significant if you aren't watching in full screen so if you scale down the screencap to embedded image size the difference is less pronounced.

http://i.imgur.com/38nDz0k.jpg- YT 240p the only option that looks worse than Vessel, albeit only marginally

And this happens with screencaps across the board on all their videos for me, and most likely for everyone else.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Vessel offered a friend of mine 200000$  for him to get on Vessel, wich he denied..

That's why they entered Vessel.

Maybe I'm just not noticing it; but, I'm really bothered that I can't tell how much of the video has been buffered. my internet is only 2/1 (on a good day) so I normally need to pause videos for a while so that I can watch them without buffering in the middle.

Really can't watch videos over there until they get a speed-up option. Y'all sound drunk at 1x.  :huh:

Looks like it's 72 hours (3 days), according to this guys rant lol

I do have to say that guy is right. There's no real benefit for signing up for Vessel, just so you can watch videos that will be uploaded to YouTube 3 days after it's posted on Vessel (not sure if this true for everyone that uploads on Vessel).

So far for us the consumers Vessel is not a compelling service.

Hey Linus Team!

I had a question about the giveaway. I recommended the vessel signup to a friend and put their info on the giveaway but they also had a linusechtips forum account and put their own info as well. Would both count? Or will only one or the other actually be put in the drawing?

Thanks!

Vessel is soooooooo slow

i have no troubles loading YouTube videos, all in HD on both my PC and iphone (using cellular data)

but with Vessel it takes ages to start watching in HD and even in SD the video get stuck at least once - and that's on the PC, on my iphone its virtually impossible to watch anything.

i hope things will improve because it's really annoying

does vessel have an app / how the hell do i login on my tablet / phone?

Vessle is unwatchable Slow!!!

i tried it yesterday allday and today but no way i can watch any video,....

This is just sad!!!

I can't even ping it,... every package gets lost!!!

i am not a native speaker of the english language

[spoiler=My Rig: ]CPU: i7-3770k@Stock | Ram: 3x4GB@1600Mhz | Graka: 660TI@Stock | Storage: 250GB 840Evo, 1x1TB,2x2TB,2x640GB,1x500GB (JBOD) + NAS: DLINK DNS-320 2x3TB Raid1

I just registered with this name, my name.

I have the app, so there is no link but it was on the fanless graphics and the watercooled comp.

I really loved your videos and after signing up to these forums, I was so happy to receive such a warm welcome.

Thank you!

You won't know why I came, you won't know who I am,

And you won't see me coming.

Your local, friendly Pseudonym.

Both SD and HD of Vessel runs at 12-15fps for me, with audio out of sync in fullscreen mode and 50% CPU usage (i5-2500k). Embedded small video works at ok framerate but still use 30% CPU. Very poor viewing experience atm.

Connecting from Finland with 100mbps cable (speedtest.net says 190ms ping and 18mbps connection to California at noon PDT).

Bit weird; Linustechtips page on Vessel had the fanless mode for 900 series video on the 'featured' page, but not shown in the 'videos' page... been up for 14 hours.

Apple, Piss Off! ~ Linus 2014

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015

I'm sorry but i can't STAND vessel... half the time videos dont load and I'm left with just the spinning loading animation, when they eventually do load they're very poor quality videos even with the HD set to on and or Auto.. and then for no apparent reason more often than not part way through a video it will just stop and no longer play without refreshing the page and then seeking the spot where it left off... if this is whats to expect from a paid for service i really think they should be paying me to use it!!!!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I have a question, when you move to the new office will you also release the vlogs about the moving first on vessel? I personally think you shouldn't since I think it is something the community is extremely excited about, in many cases even more that some special product announcements, so I think they should be uploaded at the same time on both platforms, but you're the ones making the videos and you're the ones deciding, still, I'd like to know: first on vessel or at the same time?

i'm a potato

I was thinking about Vessel, Youtube, and all the other video platforms. I know some Youtubers have videos on their website as well. I think it would be a great source of revenue for Linus Media Group. Btw, I think Vessel is great so far, but could be improved a lot. Vessel was a great move for LMG

Edit: I will be glad to help out with this in any way if needed :)

No 4k = no Vessel for me

I hope they implement it fast because this sucks bananas!

I'd rather wait for the YouTube 4K video then Vessels crappy pixels.

I feel like i pirated a bad video or illegally streaming this shit haha. 

I honestly don't care about the change youtube has been messing around with to many things recently and Linus media group needs a thing to fall back on if youtube goes down the drain. It also provides a better source of income that is more stable than an add based system. It paying any amount of money a month for more videos and better payment for you guys im fine with it.

PS. conspiracy linus wants us to hit the 100,000 mark so that he can get a new rig xD  

Vessel is alright. The layout seems a little "mobile device"-ish. Although I haven't really used it too much, I haven't gotten any of the loading issues other people have been having. 

This is also a bit off topic, but when is the actual drawing for the giveaway?