New Platform Launch Feedback & FAQ

The reason that you cannot find the logon URL, is that it doesn't allow any kind of Tablet / Phone browser to access the site.. :(

Even when I tell the browser to open it in Desktop mode, it won't allow me to sign in..

Extremely bad compatibility.

Okay so I just re-watched half a dozen LTT videos on Vessel and I realized that the buffering issue in HD is gone but the quality of the new video(Acer Predator XB270HU) is still very bad.

Just updating here xD

Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue Hue

I'm not sure, this happened to me as well... I was just starting to prowl this thread for some answers. Will Vessel have a yearly fee AND a monthly fee per channel or something...? I'm not sure if this "free year" is quite working as advertised...

Update: Just made another account (not entering the giveaway again just wanted to see about early access) and I have early access for a year. Why this didn't work the first time, who knows, but making another account seemed to fix it.

Wow, seems like the people on youtube cant listen to a video for more then 30 seconds, anyway i signed up top vessel, 

same complaints as others.

1. I t needs an app for android, as i watch LTT on my Nvidia Shield sometimes in bed.

2. Please make an add-on for kodi (xbmc) so i can watch on my HTPC's that i have everywhere in my house.

3. The UI on vessel is awful, the thumbnails are to big and its confusing to find the video you want. 

4.@LinusTech ... please dont give away your computer, the people who have been here since your NCIX days ( like me) know how much that thing means to you.

5.Wish you the best of luck with any new venture 

6. MORE SCRAPYARD WARS!!!

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

I have mixed feelings about this. I get it why linus media group is going on this path and i do support their decisions but i have a few gripes with it. 

The part i get is that youtube is screwing content creators over with its ridiculous policies and the revenue stream may get cut if things tend to get worse, and the LTT team is looking at vessel to be the next logical step. I do 100% support this and dont have any issues with this. The team needs dollars to make a living and linus cant pay in GPU's. Also the viewers will loose out if their is a dip in revenue and linus cant pay his employees so there wont be videos made that can be watched by the masses. 

On to my gripe, I feel that linus has joined vessel in a hurry and on to such a infant platform that isn't even mature. The video quality outright sucks, there are issues when i try to watch the video and it buffers on HD setting but it just stays there frozen till i refresh the page n skip to that part to watch it. When i pause a video to let it finish buffering and it just gets stuck there unless i refresh the page. There is no app at the moment, no mobile version of the website, and lack of basic features that are on youtube that i have grown to be so accustomed to. On video quality, "OMG ITS ABOMINABLE, ITS HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!" HD looks so bad even on my laptop with the devils resolution of 1366x768, the 720p setting on youtube will beat the crap out of it in a fist fight with one hand tied behind its back (yes its that bad, mabe cuz im a resolution n HD quality Freak). I usually watch on youtube at 720p on my laptop, on my pc mostly at 1080p or 4K depending on the content and on my mobile at 1080p. I wont comment on the websites layout as its vessels unique attempt at it. What about a patrion? Was it even an option?

Linus if your reading this know that i support you 100% in whatever you do to grow the business and to make such high quality content that will be viewed by millions despite my gripes and issues that i may have with the platform. I feel personally that you joined vessel at very early point when it is at its infancy, if you had waited for it for a few more months for it to become mature or even a year i believe things would look much better as you spend so much time, energy, effort and money on getting super high quality content that is value filled. Content that is launched on a rival platform should at least rival the features and qualities of it. The content on vessel is launched 7 days before it is up on youtube and for that early access at least the viewers should get superior quality content that is visually distinguishable from youtube. I dont mind paying to get access to linus's videos, If only the video quality dint suck on vessel i would not have gone on such an extremely long rant.

Honestly Vessel (the site) sucks

Their player is horrible. I just can't manage to watch a video as it keeps stuttering so much. The quality is noticeably inferior to YouTube and seeking is a nightmare. I guess I need to wait in order to watch content properly

You killed off that giveaway quick. What happened? Did you realize that you where trying to get your supporter's to sign up for a sub par service and there was a bit of backlash?

You killed off that giveaway quick. What happened? Did you realize that you where trying to get your supporter's to sign up for a sub par service and there was a bit of backlash?

I mean, the giveaway is still going fine.. You might just be looking at the wrong thread. Giveaway thread is here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334107-platform-launch-and-massive-giveaway/

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I mean, the giveaway is still going fine.. You might just be looking at the wrong thread. Giveaway thread is here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334107-platform-launch-and-massive-giveaway/

What I mean is the actual video about the giveaway is now unlisted. Why would you do that and not let your 1 Million + subscribers see the video?

Also correct me if I am wrong was it less then 6 month's ago they did a donation thing to raise money for a new office or something along those lines.

Not being a troll just think they a making a big mistake that's all.

Vessel displays all the videos of you guys in something that looks like 720p or less ... not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm all for giving new sites a chance but vessel's video quality should be their #1 prio .

I dislike the GUI, the choices you have to make when signing up, Navigation is just plain weird to me, and the videos look like a step backwards from what we are used to.

So tell me, what is the compelling argument for using this service again ?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

maybe it might have worked better if they had say B-roll, outtakes, behind the scenes, unedited videos on vessel, so the fans can pay for the extra content, youtube would still have a normal schedule then say make a deal with vessel so if you pay a sub on the forum you get "free" access to vessel, or you can pay the $3 per month and have all that extra content, that alot of us ask for all the time,.. just a thought =)  

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

I don't really mind if early content goes on to Vessel, I just hope they improve the interface. A nice subscription feed would be nice. At the moment the interface just dominates space with little useful information about what is new.

Don't have the time to spare to see if this was already posted as a feedback, but I find it a shame that I cannot discuss or comment videos  on this forum that have not been released on youtube yet. What if I want to talk about the Acer 144Hz IPS monitor? No related topic to be found here. I understand that you don't want to spoil the surprise for those that remain youtube only, but you have to try to find a solution for this. I, like many others will be too lazy to wait 7 days to comment a video we saw and will simply be discouraged to take part in the community.

Sorry to post again, but I think the home page on vessel is messed up, I have only 1 channel set to be followed, but the mane page which is supposed to be personalized to the content that I am following, is showing other crap/ unwanted content

RyLC1hZ.jpg

b24295c8c2.jpg

Login button is towards the top right of the page. All caps, white text

That button is not there for me using FF 37.0 X64

bU14Kdv.jpg

So i think i found out the issue and it is my fault, derp.

I use a plugin which tells websites i'm on my phone so i can access some stuff which i do between my phone and computer more easily, I forogt the plugin was enabled and it appears the mobile version of Vessel has no Log In button, once i added Vessel the to ignore list the button showed up.

Thanks for the pic BTW, it helped me remember :)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Guys can you tell me why when I try to switch to HD ON the video reloads (it's normal i know) but then the video doesn't load..and becomes black and i have to hit f5 to refresh and the video isn't HD any more, it's in auto...I use Firefox 36.0.4

Guys can you tell me why when I try to switch to HD ON the video reloads (it's normal i know) but then the video doesn't load..and becomes black and i have to hit f5 to refresh and the video isn't HD any more, it's in auto...I use Firefox 36.0.4

Hard to say exactly, but I do believe their use of the ARIA framework is causing the issue there. ARIA is an assistance library that helps provide functionality that browsers don't natively support, unfortunately it CAN also cause issues. It's probable that the callback function to add the new feed to the element isn't firing due to an unexpected supplied format or some such BS like that. Or, the sent request requests a file that isn't there/problem with the high res file itself and/or permissions stemming from the token based download protection.

Although, those are just guesses

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

videoqualityisbad.mp4 

will stick with youtube until it gets better  :)

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/

Holy moly there are a lot of posts here now! I will do my best to respond to most of them, but I can't guarantee it will be in an extremely timely manner :P

This thread has fewer posts than the giveaway thread has pages. :D

buffering videos in hd very slow on a very fast internet connection. getting HD to work is not easy and some videos say its playing hd but look more like 480p maybe 720p  but not 1080.  This video is a bit old so i don't think its still processing. 

buffering videos in hd very slow on a very fast internet connection. getting HD to work is not easy and some videos say its playing hd but look more like 480p maybe 720p  but not 1080.  This video is a bit old so i don't think its still processing. 

Default Quality is 480p. Turning the HD option on is 720p. Those are the only resolutions thus far

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Hi quickie comment they really need an Android app I watch 99% of my content on my phone.

Good luck

Just asking, I was looking at the blogs, and well... they've been flooded with entries. Are we supposed to also enter there (could that count as a social media?)

Hard to say exactly, but I do believe their use of the ARIA framework is causing the issue there. ARIA is an assistance library that helps provide functionality that browsers don't natively support, unfortunately it CAN also cause issues. It's probable that the callback function to add the new feed to the element isn't firing due to an unexpected supplied format or some such BS like that. Or, the sent request requests a file that isn't there/problem with the high res file itself and/or permissions stemming from the token based download protection.

Although, those are just guesses

Well thanks for the help...I think I'll be watching auto mode...it's not near perfect but in the beginning nothing is right?