New Platform Launch Feedback & FAQ

***Someone is stealing LTT Vessel content*****

Not sure where else to post this. I found a YouTube channel posting all your early access Vessel videos.

account: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvqnQltJDPJNcW2gdhlVBLA?&ab_channel=VesselVids

It's youtube's solution to the 72 hour delay lol.

anyway, Ii did not expect this to happen so soon especially with the free 1 year trials and stuff going on.

Vessel Bandwidth in my country are bad , i can watch 4k youtube without problem but with vessel even 360p are long time load.

Create a new thread!

doing that now, im new to the forum- still learning how to use it

This is going to be rough, but I'm pulling no punches. The "HD" quality sucks, the player breaks, I can't use spacebar to pause, I CAN'T MIDDLE CLICK TO OPEN A VIDEO IN A NEW TAB (a sin on any site with clickable links), I'd rather have your ad spots than watch it on this terrible platform. I'm getting this for free and I like ad supported Youtube better. I will watch your stuff on Vessel only because your content is literally my favorite stuff to watch, but I would never use Vessel for anything other than this. Well, it's really only because your stuff comes out on Vessel first. I hate their site, their player and their layout. It's pretty, but it's hardly functional.

I'm signed up for Vessel but have the same concerns as many other people about app support and video quility.

Try looking that up in their kb (link to which you have receive when you signed up), or just asking them.

I looked in there kb and could not find anything and i also sent them a tweet and have not heard back from them

Hi

so to enter the give away you have to like and comment on the video on vessel, Right?

thing is I can't find any like button and for theres no feedback telling me if I commented or not(though im pretty sure that's a problem on my side)

Thanks if you have any help!

Is this going to affect the WAN show archive?

Due to the hours I work I can't watch the live stream and I don't want to have to pay to watch it a couple hours after it's ended neither would I want to wait a week.

::VESSEL RELATED ISSUES::

Vessel doesn't have HD, it's only 1080 at most? Where's the 4k?

My first impressions of vessel hasn't been all that great as it forces you to follow people when I don't want to. However it does allow you to remove all that (catagories too).

Navigations isn't really all that great if you don't know what you are looking for.

But all that said (and all that I held back from saying ;) ) at least there's a platform out there that is actually careing about their content creations. I will continue to use it but ONLY for you linustechtips.

Kooldre is the name and vessel is really good so far from what i have seen. 2 thumps up to linus for this mood.

Once the video is posted on Vessel, how long does it take until it's available on Youtube?

Once the video is posted on Vessel, how long does it take until it's available on Youtube?

Apparently a week for most content.

Looks like it's 72 hours (3 days), according to this guys rant lol

I swore Linus said a week in one of the videos (possibly during the WAN show).

I wanted to give everyone a heads up on a fix for video quality on vessel I found. Make sure you switch from auto to HD. The player seems to not always be switching to HD when the bandwidth is there to support it. It looks like its shaping up to be a great platform from everything I am seeing.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

A few days into my one year of Vessel... I have no complaints! Keep up the great work!

The youtube announcement video seems to be unlisted.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

possible problem with this system, ie when a video is up and information is wrong cant talk about it b/c the thread hasnt been created b/c the yt version isnt up.

anyways in this vid https://www.vessel.com/videos/f7QKBNB3Gthe details dont list the thread linus mentions to where we should give credit. Also the title is a bit wonky "How To Enabling Fanless Mode"

You are correct! I will pass this along :D

Wrong thread my friend - You're gonna want to post those here : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/333925-platform-launch-and-massive-giveaway/page-4#entry4530967

Unfortunately we had some issues importing those videos - they will be up soon :D

Honestly I have no idea - I suspect if Vessel content that is on youtube is not restricted then you will be fine :P

Honestly I'm surprised they are even live right now haha :P I expected them to go down

We are in no way breaking out from YouTube! Honestly a REALLY important factor for me through all of this is that the youtube viewers would not notice any actual change in their quality of life... there would still be a new video every day with 0 gap and any timely content would still be timely. I doubt you will even notice other than a plug here or there :P

Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks for the feedback - I'm sure they will appreciate it :D

I agree! They are developing rapidly, I'm sure they will iron out the issues :D

Slick replied to my post... the post that I made mistakenly on the wrong thread... SO AWESOME!!!

Am I the only one who  sees the bad side of Vessel?

I'm afraid that people will start watching videos on Vessel and forget about "YouTube" Linus and that will lower their money income which I  don't want to happen because they earn single cent from it!

Ok I have tried looking but cant find where can I ask questions regarding the giveaway...so I'll post it here

I am from India and so am I eligible or is the giveaway only for those who are from USA...I have already applied but my friends are skeptical about it...this is my first giveaway ever and so I am not familiar with the rules.

Thanx

Vessel seem to have missed the high resolution, I am not sure but it looks like videos there are only 720p???

Other then that the menu is different but I think I like it :), also the feed offers new things and more diversity. 

Ok I have tried looking but cant find where can I ask questions regarding the giveaway...so I'll post it here

I am from India and so am I eligible or is the giveaway only for those who are from USA...I have already applied but my friends are skeptical about it...this is my first giveaway ever and so I am not familiar with the rules.

Thanx

The giveaway is worldwide :)

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Vessel seem to have missed the high resolution, I am not sure but it looks like videos there are only 720p???

Other then that the menu is different but I think I like it :), also the feed offers new things and more diversity. 

For video quality, 480p is the "HD off" option and 720p is the "HD on" option

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop