New Platform Launch Feedback & FAQ

If they are subbed on YouTube, they won't miss a thing.

A lot of people are simply going to unsubscribe out of spite.

I used the link, signed up for Vessel but I still can't watch the newer LTT videos:

On my account it shows up:

2e84c4fb63.png

But when I click on a video, this shows up:2b7990b721.jpg

What if I don’t have a credit card or find paying challenging? Vessel is committed to keeping the subscription price as low as possible, supplemented with light load of advertising. 

Seems like Vessel wants to go down the Hulu route. Bad move. I've already seen these advertisements. People don't want to pay for a service and then be subjected to albeit 'light' advertisements. See; cable TV.

I wish Vessel the best and it seems like they've already got all of the big names from YouTube to immediately migrate and populate all their content, but I can't see this site/service surviving long term. I give it a year. They're simply too far behind YouTube in terms of feature parity and they should already be at parity at release if they have any hope whatsoever of competing. 

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

"that don't interfere with the normal YouTube content"

I don't know, having videos a week later on Youtube a week earlier on Vessel seems to me like this new deal interfere with the content on Youtube.

Use Patreon, OK. Use single/monthly/yearly donation, OK. Paid Twitch subscription, Fine. Propose cleaner videos and overall experience on Vessel, no problem. Delaying the content on the main platform, I'm not fine.

I'm sure it's not going to be that bad to have original content a week later on YT, but I think there was quite a few other alternatives to grab money.

Didn't you hear them keep saying how they were working extra hard to produce a bunch of videos in the last few weeks? They were making them so they can release them a week before they were planned to be released anyway on YouTube. The video schedule has hardly changed, other than for things like the announcement video today, you will get the videos when they were originally planned for release, they moved up the schedule to accommodate for Vessel, not moved YouTube back.

Hey guys, I don't really contribute to the forum at all but I felt like I needed to on this issue as I know this is where I'm most likely to get my voice heard.

I went onto Vessel and signed up, figured I might as well try it out and support you guys if I get a year free. Sorry, no, I can't use it. The 'HD' quality is diabolical (doesn't even look like it's 720p) and I'd rather wait for the videos on YouTube than deal with that. The user experience of Vessel as well frankly is not a scratch on YouTube with a really poorly designed layout/UI and as much as I'd love to support you guys as I know how hard it is for you to run your business on the ad revenue from YouTube, the degraded user experience is too much for me. Sorry.

Joined purely to comment on this.  No problem with the concept of launching on Vessel, looking for an additional sustainable revenue stream is obviously the right thing to do from a business perspective.  I'd certainly consider subscribing at $2.99pm which seems to sensible pricing for short-form content...assuming though it is that price and they don't do the 'geographic pricing thing' that normally happens here in the UK (e.g. Spotify) so $2.99 (USD) becomes £2.99 (GBP) which is currently according to Google $4.44. 

That said as stated many times already the video quality is poor and of course the lack of any Android app seems inexcusable and certainly not worth paying for (even if it gives early access).  Of course it's new and being free for year gives them chance to sort things out.  Personally I doubt I'll stick around that long (maybe a month or so) before switching back to YouTube and then checking back occasionally to see if things have improved. 

I think using Vessel is (for now) mainly good for you guys at LMG, unfortunatly there are some big problems for the viewers, the none existing App and the low resolution are the big ones for most ppl i think, after those are "fixed" the experience on both ends should be great! I like the UI, and in general i think it was a good move! Because everything that keeps LMG running and getting even better (almost not possible ;)) is awsome!

So keep up the good work!

For some reason when I click on the get 1 year free button, I want me to sign up for the free month which requires a credit card, Any idea on how to redeem that free year as I followed your vessel link and then signed up but can't seem to watch the videos.

I posted my give-away post and now let my brother sign up.

However I do not like the route they take with the give-away. I always liked the one entry per person. I do not use much social media and now I just posted to those accounts I have but hardly use and it feels wrong.

Has anyone else noticed in the vessel videos a slightly lower quality. I have noticed that the videos uploaded to vessel have more pixelation (aliasing?) than their youtube counterparts. Has anyone else noticed this or am i just crazy. (yes i have made sure that HD is on and not on auto in vessel as well as for youtube) post-198876-0-31502900-1427224261_thumb.

Edit: Added singles of the images before merging 

post-198876-0-21854400-1427227271.png

post-198876-0-75042500-1427227282.png

Has anyone else noticed in the vessel videos a slightly lower quality. I have noticed that the videos uploaded to vessel have more pixelation (aliasing?) than their youtube counterparts. Has anyone else noticed this or am i just crazy. (yes i have made sure that HD is on and not on auto in vessel as well as for youtube) attachicon.gifcompairson.png

Did you switch the setting to HD 

Did you switch the setting to HD 

it says he did... you even quoted that part.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I have also noticed that. From what I can tell offers 720p as their max resolution and also they compress it so much that the colors lose saturation and also everything looks fuzzy.

I wanted to use the service but sadly I can't get over how bad the image quality is, so I'm sticking with youtube. I just love 1440p video.

Yep, I have noticed a drop in quality too, even when HD is turned on

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Also this could be just the buffer quality of your internet.. also i'd imagine there servers aren't to the same capacity of youtube..

I like vessel it's a great idea.

Hopefully they update to 1080p/4k reallly quick 60fps can but later.. but still needs to come

I think this is simply the way it will be for now. 

The service is new, they definitely aren't on the same server capacity level as Google. 

Hey Linus, Luke, Nick1, Nick2, Taran, Brandon, Edzel, unknown,

I think this Vessel platform is a very good idea, at least for you guys as a team. You should be paid for making videos just like TV stars are paid.

Youtube is great and always will be, it just isn't enough to run a company and make the amount of money you've earned from bending your back over to make us all happy, staying up until 2am in the morning and running a whole forum. Personally, Vessel does bother me, it makes me angry. I am angry that I will be behind in videos since I love you guys, I am angry you have a better job than I ever will but that won't stop me from loving so I support the change. When I get a job I will pay for Vessel, thanks for everything and please continue making videos no matter what. True fans will support you, leechers wont.

No dick sucking intended, this is my true opinion.

UcejLmi.png

blackshades on

Even with HD on, is way behind youtube.

I am sorry for my english.