Why do all you guys hate alienware SO MUCH?

Overkilled

I mean there systems are pretty decent and they don't look that bad, I know they're OWNED by a shitty company but they probably have a special alienware division, bugatti is owned by Volkswagen

heavily marked up and very unbalanced. and some are just gaudy.

lying about perf

and not listing full details like "gtx gaming graphics card"

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I mean there systems are pretty decent and they don't look that bad, I know they're OWNED by a shitty company but they probably have a special alienware division, bugatti is owned by Volkswagen

We hate the price of the desktops... it's beyond ridiculous markup.

The laptops on the other hand are excellent.

Edit: Volkswagons are already excellent cars... that's the difference.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

4000$ for a pc thats worth 1500$ with a nice looking case is not good business.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Del is a pretty decent company, but they're overpriced.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

Like apple but worse

and you can't compare bugatti and volkswagen to this

everytime a bugatti sells they LOSE money....

Because it's run by aliens. #TrueStory :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

They aren't really bad systems, but they're overpriced and pretty unbalanced (like an i7 with a 750Ti) 

You probably mix up hate for "buying from them is not a good idea"

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

They are the Apples of Windows.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Because they overprice their systems, most guys on here are not the intended audience of alienware products, as a majority I feel build their own PC's.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

1) overpriced

2) scamming by not listing the full component names

3) using false advertising

4) trying to get as much margin as possible on the builds

5) really shitty components for it to be a "gaming" computer

6) using colourful LED lights to attract young kids who don't know any better

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

There just overpriced, basically just gaming computers for people who don't know better.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

4000$ for a pc thats worth 1500$ with a nice looking case is not good business.

Heck, really? :o

Got a link?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Volkswagen isn't shitty.

Alienware on the other hand is just overpriced crap for idiots.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I dont think anyone hates Alienwere its just the price you pay for there product is what people hate. Personally I think some of alienware systems are nice but not $4000 nice 

Theres just so much else out there that is better price/performance/quality that it's hard to justify.

Although, if you are buying a laptop for gaming.... you are already getting the short end of the stick.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

What really pisses me off is that they say gpu vram stacks in SLI/CF

Clearly on the page even though it doesn't

price dude.....not to mention dell's terrible customer service. 

askdjfasdf

What really pisses me off is that they gpu vram stacks in SLI/CF

vram doesnt stack in either of those if thats what you mean.

askdjfasdf

Volkswagen isn't shitty.

Alienware on the other hand is just overpriced crap for idiots.

Well my dad got a fairly new vw phaeton, damn he must have replaced every part in the car by now. The doors rusted, general erosion everywhere. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500