Why do all you guys hate alienware SO MUCH?

Overkilled

I mean there systems are pretty decent and they don't look that bad, I know they're OWNED by a shitty company but they probably have a special alienware division, bugatti is owned by Volkswagen

Too much "bling", little performance for the money.

Also, VW owns Audi, Skoda, Seat, Porsche, Bugatti etc. VW is actually a very good company so please don't compare them to alienware or any other crap like that.

I looked on the site and the pcs seemed decent I made the thread and then I read that vram stacks

They aren't the only one who do that, though... so...

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

because a couple years back when i was a PC building noob, i went on alienware. a 1200 dollar PC had a core i5 and a gtx 645. 

At least it wasn't a Fermi.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

The best way to visually see what kind of markup Alienware has, go through a custom build noting each part and how much they increase the cost per part. Then shop online per part to see how much of a markup they are shoving down peoples' throats.

They aren't the only one who do that, though... so...

I would punch a kid in the face if he came to my school saying I have 8gb 970 but it's not them it's Dell with there be

I would punch a kid in the face if he came to my school saying I have 8gb 970 but it's not them it's Dell with there be

AMD and Nvidia both write on their dual-gpu cards that they have __ gb, but it's only half of that really.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Search south park world of warcraft guy if u dont know the average alienware user looks like

Dell is fine as a company 

Like everyone else says, Alienware's markup on all of their PC's are ridiculous, no idea how it's justified

Could build a PC twice as good for the same money

What's there to like?

Alienware is fucking overrated, everyone at my school talks about them

Honestly their laptops aren't too bad nowadays

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

They aren't really bad systems, but they're overpriced and pretty unbalanced (like an i7 with a 750Ti) 

If you think that's unbalanced the computer my brother got (I think it's Cyberpower PC or something like that) has an AMD FX (I can't remember the model, but I know it's a 6 core) and it was paired with an AMD Radeon R5 230, I think Linus did a video about cheap GPUs featuring that card. That card, let's just say, is less powerful than the ATI Radeon HD 4670 that I had in my old computer. That ATI Radeon I still have was purchased brand new in 2007 or 2008. Maybe 2009. The computer he got also cost about $650. I feel as if we were ripped off. It was his Christmas gift, and my parents wouldn't listen when I said it would have been cheaper to build it. My laptop, in my opinion, was a better deal because it's got relatively decent hardware, has graphics matching the processor ("dual" graphics even) and plays my games well, even connected to my 1080p monitor. Its original sale price was either $800 or $1000 but we got it on sale for $650.

Fortunately for me, when my brother upgraded his computer to a 750Ti I was able to remove the bracket from the Radeon R5 230 and install it in my Pentium 4 based machine. Works well, and I can even play Skyrim and Mass Effect on it (as long as I keep my expectations low).

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

Gtx 645?

its a OEM card. it was used in alienwares couple years back. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Because they are heavy and thick as hell.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Because in most cases (heh) you can build a better computer specs wise for cheaper.

> Implying nerds and hipsters are the same thing

> Implying you aren't a nerd/hipster

> Implying Alienware aren't a prime example of bullshit

I didn't imply any of those things. Did you even read what I said, or are you just misusing big words that you don't understand?

You're missing the point: nobody here hates the COMPANY alienware (or at least, I don't). We think their products are bad for the money. It doesn't matter how good they look (which is subjective), when it comes to the point where you could build something twice as fast and with more durable componentry for the same money it just doesn't make sense to get one.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*