Why do all you guys hate alienware SO MUCH?

Overkilled

What really pisses me off is that they gpu vram stacks in SLI/CF

Now I understand why you made this thread.

They're like macs without the looks

What you said makes literally no sense whatsoever.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

vram doesnt stack in either of those if thats what you mean.

I know but they say it does

vram doesnt stack in either of those if thats what you mean.

^

Come DX12, maybe... but not in the way you think anyway. As of now, vram doesn't stack at all.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

They aren't really bad systems, but they're overpriced and pretty unbalanced (like an i7 with a 750Ti) 

That's to ensure it's future proof, but of course the price is still not justified. 

They literally overcharge by hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars.

Plus they prey on the uninformed.  When listing specs they combine VRAM in SLI situations, which is not how VRAM works in practice.  Not technically lying, but anyone worth their salt knows what's going on there. 

People who don't build their own computers and are uninformed think it takes $2,000 to make a decent gaming PC, so they pay it.

1) overpriced

2) scamming by not listing the full component names

3) using false advertising

4) trying to get as much margin as possible on the builds

5) really crappy components for it to be a "gaming" computer

6) using colourful LED lights to attract young kids who don't know any better

WOW! Now I really wanna buy one. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Heck, really? :o

Got a link?

Just saying its overpriced. Laptops are fine though

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Now I understand why you made this thread.

No they CLEARLY state that vram stacks like for example 970 2 way sli 8gb (4+4) that's what they says

Most builds are hugely overbuilt anyway and don't need half the stuff sunken into them. When you then go and inflate the price it just makes it completely ludicrous.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

The only person I know who uses an alienware, has ear piercings and dyed hair, and just uses it to watch someone play horror games.

ok guys chill everyone gets it alienwear is over priced 

but not their laptops

they make one of the best laptops and one of the worst desktops

No they CLEARLY state that vram stacks like for example 970 2 way sli 8gb (4+4) that's what they says

In Vram... you have 4+4 = 8gb physical, 4gb effective. They didn't technically lie.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

You do realise you are asking this on a website dedicated mostly to building custom PCs?

Also, their desktop options are way too expensive for what they are, not to mention completely unreasonable. I believe the cheapest version of their triangle-shaped PC (Area 51? can't remember.) is 1700 $ and includes a X99 platform, for some weird reason - combined with a R9 270????

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

In Vram... you have 4+4 = 8gb physical, 4gb effective. They didn't technically lie.

... Why does everything have a "technically"

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

^

Come DX12, maybe... but not in the way you think anyway. As of now, vram doesn't stack at all.

thats what ive been hearing some talk of with  DX12 

askdjfasdf

racist :P

No, it's true. Go an have a look for yourself. :D JK

but not their laptops

they make one of the best laptops and one of the worst desktops

LOL

A laptop that weighs 10kg, it's huge and thick and riced like a christmas tree? Adding to that, being overpriced as fuck?

Get some glasses.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

bugatti is owned by Volkswagen

In that logic, Infiniti is the higher-cost version of Nissan

2001_infiniti_qx4_4dr-suv_base_fq_oem_1_ 2004_nissan_pathfinder_le_platinum_4wd-p

"Rawr XD"

They literally overcharge by hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars.

Plus they prey on the uninformed.  When listing specs they combine VRAM in SLI situations, which is not how VRAM works in practice.  Not technically lying, but anyone worth their salt knows what's going on there. 

People who don't build their own computers and are uninformed think it takes $2,000 to make a decent gaming PC, so they pay it.

That's exactly what I'm saying Dell are talking out there asses

That's exactly what I'm saying Dell are talking out there asses

Then why did you even ask why we don't care for them?

No they CLEARLY state that vram stacks like for example 970 2 way sli 8gb (4+4) that's what they says.

Good grammar there! :P

overpriced bulky not that powerfull hardware bullshit of a laptop

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Then why did you even ask why we don't care for them?

I looked on the site and the pcs seemed decent I made the thread and then I read that vram stacks

because a couple years back when i was a PC building noob, i went on alienware. a 1200 dollar PC had a core i5 and a gtx 645. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

because a couple years back when i was a PC building noob, i went on alienware. a 1200 dollar PC had a core i5 and a gtx 645.

Gtx 645?