Ap Chem or Ap Physics

Arty

(high school btw)

i am taking honors chem now and honors physics next year, but for senior year opinions on which you think is better Ap chem or Ap physics?

Well what are you looking to move onto once out of high school?

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Do you like math? If the answer is no, or not really, then you should avoid ap physics like the plague :P

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Why not both?

don't have room, taking engineering classes 

Both chemistry and physics can be very helpful: they have some topics that could possibility overlap. entralpy, gibbs free energy and such, thermodynamics are both learnt in chem and physics. Chemistry could lead you to chemical engineering, if you decide not to go that route its always helpful with some ground knowledge of thermodynamics. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Skip lunch.

Jk, I know you can't do that.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

If you're doing engineering just do physics they're very interlinked more so than chemistry. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Both chemistry and physics can be very helpful: they have some topics that could possibility overlap. entralpy, gibbs free energy and such, thermodynamics are both learnt in chem and physics. Chemistry could lead you to chemical engineering, if you decide not to go that route its always helpful with some ground knowledge of thermodynamics. 

hmm, thats mainly the reason thier both helpfull

Well what are you looking to move onto once out of high school?

Thats a good question, something tech related most likely, just have not narrowed it down yet

Chemistry.... you can become the new Walter White!  :lol:

xD

Do you like math? If the answer is no, or not really, then you should avoid ap physics like the plague :P

Well im in Calc 1 and 2 atm, (10th grade) 

xD

andi was gonna take both, but my district switched from trimesters to semesters so that means 3 less calsses a year

Skip lunch.

Jk, I know you can't do that.

lunch is 25 minutes...legit i would fail... xD if class was only 25 minuts

Chemistry is my favorite Science branch of all time. I just find it so interesting and fits together so many pieces of the puzzle in life.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I completed Chem 12 and currently working on Physics 12. I like math more than things like Biology and chemistry. So that really dictated my impressions of chemistry and I have say I not totally sure why I did chemistry it was a lot work and I got little out of it. Physics on the other hand I get much more out of. - mind you what you get out of may vary depending on the course structure and topics., 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

lunch is 25 minutes...legit i would fail... xD if class was only 25 minuts

Oh, all my periods are the same length (50 minutes)

K70 RGB

I hate chemistry, so the choice of physics is obvious.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Oh, all my periods are the same length (50 minutes)

this year 5x70 minute classes plus 25 minute lunch for me lol

next year 6x60 minute calsses plus 25 minute lunch

this year 5x70 minute classes plus 25 minute lunch for me lol

next year 6x60 minute calsses plus 25 minute lunch

Oh, do the same grades have the same lunch together?

K70 RGB

I'm majoring in Chemistry and I really like the subject, so I would recommend taking that.  But you should finish out both of your honors classes first and see which one you like more.

Oh, do the same grades have the same lunch together?

nope, this we have staggered lunchs a/b/c  a before b middle c after the middle class so grades are usally mixed into

idk next year

nope, this we have staggered lunchs a/b/c  a before b middle c after the middle class so grades are usally mixed into

idk next year

Oh interesting, my school is 4x 115 min, 25 min lunch (a-d), and 1 hour study, next year the same but study period becomes another class (year long, other classes are by semester or switch everyday)

I'd personally say to look into other things besides these ap classes, since you already took a lower level of the class.

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

Oh interesting, my school is 4x 115 min, 25 min lunch (a-d), and 1 hour study, next year the same but study period becomes another class (year long, other classes are by semester or switch everyday)

I'd personally say to look into other things besides these ap classes, since you already took a lower level of the class.

high school and only 4 classes a day? hmm

idk next year

Oh. I have 8 periods in total, 50 minutes each. Lunch periods are 4,5,6 divided using the computer algorithms to make the best schedule.

Can't have lunch period classes shorter than other ones.

K70 RGB

I would go for Physics. If I'm remember correctly, AP Chem is super hard, but AP Physics is super fun. I didn't take either and this may have changed since I was in high school, but that's what my friends always said.