Steam Logo coasters made with schools laser cutter/engraver

I am currently creating a project for my coursework in electronics and it involves using schools laser cutter/engravers (Gravograph Ls100 and Gravograph ls900) and basically the cut that i was doing in acrylic for my casing left a center piece that was excess and would be thrown away. I decided that this was a waste so i created a steam logo vector and engraved it into the acrylic. the results were decent however i had alignment issues due to a printing error so the logo is not quite centered but it still looks awesome.

Edit: Ive decided that because i have more acrylic pieces to cut, this is beta v1.0bTcTZOh.jpgt7SWIoB.jpgkXYGKxp.jpg

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

I want one

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Glorious, you should post it on /r/pcmasterrace

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Nice.

10/10 would use it on my desk

(I'm a coaster guy, can't handle those stains from cups on my desk)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sexy AF!!! 

Good job!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

That's so fucking cool, you should really sell them! (and when you do, give LTT members discounts)

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I want one

Glorious, you should post it on /r/pcmasterrace

Nice.

10/10 would use it on my desk

(I'm a coaster guy, can't handle those stains from cups on my desk)

would buy

classifieds pls :D

Sexy AF!!! 

Good job!

Cheers everyone. Not too shabby considering I only learned how to use the laser cutter a few days ago !

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

I wanted to do something similar to this a few years ago, only my DT teacher wouldn't let me use the laser cutter to do it... Never did like him much after that. 

Looks good. 

That's so fucking cool, you should really sell them! (and when you do, give LTT members discounts)

I would love to, the problem would be that school would not let me use there acrylic if it wasn't for my project :( They would maybe let me use the laser cutter. 

ill take 2 plz

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I wanted to do something similar to this a few years ago, only my DT teacher wouldn't let me use the laser cutter to do it... Never did like him much after that. 

Looks good. 

My DT teacher is the complete opposite, he advised me on how to make it better and supported me doing it ! 

I would love to, the problem would be that school would not let me use there acrylic if it wasn't for my project :( They would maybe let me use the laser cutter. 

Acrylic sheets aren't too expensive. If you were only making like 4-6 coasters, I bet you could get by on a budget of $15. :)

Acrylic sheets aren't too expensive. If you were only making like 4-6 coasters, I bet you could get by on a budget of $15. :)

Yeah it may be a good idea if i just say there for personal use however if i mentioned they were for resale they would not be happy as they are reasonably strict with selling things in school even food/drink.

Yeah it may be a good idea if i just say there for personal use however if i mentioned they were for resale they would not be happy as they are reasonably strict with selling things in school even food/drink.

Could try donating some of the proceeds to them? Or finding a machine that you could like rent.

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10|