Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

Microsoft life cam. The worst thing ive ever bought in my life ever!

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

An HD6990. Cracking performance, unbelievable quantities of stutter.

OMG do they really make such ridiculous versions of it? loool.

just goes to show though how titans 6gb of vram may not matter in 4 years time? Might be an old slow card by then with alot of memory : ) (im referring to the 630 4gb card btw)

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

CoD BO2 :D my first call of duty but dont like it at all... still playing it sometimes :p

An XFX 7300gs 6 years ago... I paid 90 bucks for that crap, and it overheated with just browsing the net...

I don't know why but I laughed some much when I read that :)

Corsair H100 - thing bit the dust spectacularly

I have also purchased 2 OCZ power supplies and both were garbage. Never cheap out on PSUs, not even once.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

blowing an audio pcb (ta2024) because I connected postive to negative and vice versa. Next time I was paying attention that I put the red cable on the red pole, and the black one on the black one. Did it, but this time the wires to the battery were right, but wired the audio pcb wrong.

Microsoft/Razer Reclusa keyboard before i saw the linus unboxing. I bought it real cheap after my superb Microsoft natural ergonomic 4000 died from a huge coffee spill and honestly it's less than average at best as i can't type properly on the damn thing (I could type pretty well on old keyboard.). Not changed it yet as i'm waiting for the right time to go over to a mech keyboard.i.e.my next round of PC upgrade.

Desktop
i5-760: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb Asus GTX 760 2gb

Laptop 

i5-4300u: 8GB ram, Intel HD: 128GB: 1080p Touch

Probably my sony webbie hd mhs-pm1 - worst piece of crap ever.

bought it 2 month after the windows 7 rtm release and there's still not x64 driver.

it was my last sony product so far.

Bad PSU choices...

Logisys 480W ($15) is so cheap that the connectors wouldn't let me move the computer round without having to reconnect all the wires! I'd expect a chepo PSU to not work or at least give me some fireworks, but it works fine if you can get the wires to touch.

XCLIO Goodpower 750W Gold seemed like a good choice, but when I bought it on NewEgg there weren't pictures of the "modular" connections.... They have a 12 pin cable bundle that connects to a "Smart connector management system" which is a separate plastic module you plug all the cables you need into. Completely defeats the point of having a modular PSU and takes up more space than a non_modular PSU!

My first Seasonic X850 whined like an insect...got a new one still has a tiny amount of coil whine. Nevertheless, still a great PSU.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Gigabyte Z77 DS3H probably worst motherboard i ever got my hands on no vcore option, retarded power delivery, problematic board , they advertised the board as 3D Power BUT there was NO support 3D Power on this board

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Dell XPS 13 ultrabook. Damn its awful. It was supposed to have a 1080p screen, while it only has a 720p (I think they now actually have 1080p screens) mine was also supposed to have a 3537u, but it only has a 3517u.

Also, the clickpad is just absolutely painful to use. You'll always misclick and the cursor will jump around randomly.. also the keyboard is impossible to type on. It just feels really awkward to use and I can never type correctly. Dell support is the worst I've ever used. I told them that the screen is supposed to be 1080p, and its only 720p.. he told me in a very thick Indian accent that theres a slider to adjust it.. Really?

Sorry for bad grammar and spelling. I'm on my phone. Ill come back later and fix it up, and add some more details.

If you're looking at an XPS 13 because its cheaper than a Zenbook, forget about it and buy the Zenbook. I regret spending $1300 on an awful laptop to save a little over the Zenbook every time I use it..

My mistake was when I was younger...(14-15 of age)
My dad finally decided to get me a desktop and my god I should of done my research on the desktop we got. It had a GTX 7500 LE (that LE = Light Edition, it SUCKED!!!) the duel core was 1.7ghz (which ALSO sucked).
Gaming PC my ass.

It cost 1600$ during its time. What a rip off that was. I had to replace the graphics with a 8800 gtx and the CPU with a 2.4ghz duel core (the motherboard couldn't handle anything more ofc...) 

Worst PC buy ever for its price. I was sooo naive back then.
so long ago tho oh well.

Well, that has to be the "upgrade" from my beloved Asus P6T (Socket 1366 ftw!) to an Asrock Extreme6. At that time i went for a SSD (Corsair Force GT) and thought i had to buy a board with Sata 6Gb/s.

Big Mistake. For some reason, I just can't have my boot device on any Sata III port, because it just would not load windows. So, I'm again back to Sata II.
In terms of overclocking stability it was pretty much a downgrade, but i  still managed to get my i7 920 up to 3,8Ghz (C0).

For now i'm still using it, waiting for haswell and to get the last bit of money for it (depending on how much the new components will cost^^)

Forgetting to put thermal paste  <_<

Almost borked my processor...

i7-3930K---Its beast but crazy overkill even for video editing. Rarely do any after effects. 

JWolf Tech Broadcast

My old 5450, it allowed me to use to monitors while doing very low end gaming but if i wanted BC2 on low i had to turn one off.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

A HAF XB. The form factor makes everything so hard to do and the front fan filters fill up with dust, and hoovering it from the outside isn't enough to get it all of. So you have to remove the front cover of the case to actually get to the dust wich is a very hard and tedious process. The power supply and all it's connectors have to be underneath the motherboard, so you have to remove the motherboard every time you need to plug something in. The X-DOCK fried my HDD so i had to get it removed.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Pulling out a sata cable without pressing the tab, broke it. Although it doesn't seem bad, it was a major inconvenience and I had to wait for another to ship to my house before I could use my computer!

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Vista... I prefered M.E. over it... I manually wired a bigger reset button to my case to deal with the vista errors my computer had... 8 is bad... but not in the same ways...

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

It's reasonably fast, jailbreaking helps, but it's my first iPhone and it's ridiculous how much better it is than an iPod Touch though, the 5G touch still isn't as good as a 4S.

My sister still uses a 3GS. What's more disturbing is she doesn't care that it's slow.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Vista... I prefered M.E. over it... I manually wired a bigger reset button to my case to deal with the vista errors my computer had... 8 is bad... but not in the same ways...

Vista was terrible at first, but after MS released the updates, all was mostly well. Even so, MS should've had VIsta ready from the beginning. It was half-baked when they released it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah. The 550 Ti is not powerful enough to run BF3 properly.

The GTX 550 To is a good budget card, it can run most thing on mid-high with decent fps.

\

When I was around 18/19 years old, I wanted to upgrade the family PC (a Dell... yeah) so I could play L4D with a friend. I knew NOTHING about PC at that time so a bought a random graphics card, a Radeon HD2600. I found out that it wasn't a GPU for gaming :

WaIPVk2.jpg

After that fail, I started to be smart with my purchases and bought a superbe ATI 4850.