RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Old desktop crashed, I was 7 years old so I unplugged the power cord, screen made a spark and stopped working.

I went (and still use) AMD for my first build. *Cries in corner*

hey fam it's not that bad

For me, probably getting this laptop. Two years later, 800+ hours of Team Fortress 2 later, and torture under games like GTA 5 and Grid 2 later, it's still alive. Still regret it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

When was that?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

hey it's not that bad :), I picked an Athlon ii x4 860k, it's peforming surprisingly well for it's low price tag.

But I feel you, the per core performance of these things is pretty bad.

My next build will get an Intel again.

But... See it like this:

Now you have experience on both ships and you can speak "out of experience" :)

Hopefully the keyboard/mouse will start working again.  They are unplugged and drying out.

I spilled a pint of milk on my mouse and after taking it apart, cleaning it thoroughly (soaking all plastic parts to get rid of milk and cleaning the PCBs with alcohol) it worked fine again.

This happened tonight... I found out that my CPU overheating issue was because I didn't remove the warning label on my water cooler. Was stressed out for months wondering why It kept overheating. Only till tonight did I try to re-seat it anndddddd voila...

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Fucking brilliant xD

My biggest mistake would have to be accidentally tearing my AMD 8350 off the motherboard with the heatsink due to not twisting it off, long story short I now own a Skylake 6600K.

I did that once. It was fine, just had to heat up the heatsink a bit with a hairdryer to soften up the TP. I've got pics of it, still using the same processor.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

getting a moto g instead of the slightly more expensive zenfone 2...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Spilled a full glass of red wine into my dads hard drive once, that went down well. Luckily I was able to get most of the data off it before the clicking noise of doom kicked in. Actually RMA'd it to Dell (shhhhhh....I never told them about the red wine ;) )

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

When was that?

Still same build I use today lol. I had no experience whatsoever about building my own computer, so went with an FX-8350 and motherboard with the most annoying BIOS and PCI lane layout.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

Removed a machine off the domain, realized for security reasons I disable local admin...

I was only trying to move it to the new domain but completely spaced out (was hungover and just wasnt thinking).

Managed to rescue all the data and pop it on the new domain but far out it was a PITA

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Still same build I use today lol. I had no experience whatsoever about building my own computer, so went with an FX-8350 and motherboard with the most annoying BIOS and PCI lane layout.

I'm running an Athlon II x4 860k on an Asrock FM2A88M-hd+ in my budget build, and I was actually pleasantly surprised by it's performance, and I really like the motherboard.

After all, going with one of those newer pentium chips (those are the right one, right?) might have been a better idea, the AMD didn't disappoint me.

Getting an pre-built instead of building

Current PC Specs

GPU: 750ti CPU: AMD FX-6300 PSU: EVGA 500W Case: Corsair Carbide Series Windowed 100R Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

I remember an actual, potentially life threatening, mistake I made! :D

When I was building my first PC I was worried about static discharge so I bought an anti-static mat with straps. Proper safety procedure right??? WELL...

When I was looking for something to clip to ground it, I attached one end to a live male-to-male extension cable. When I clipped the strap to the cable (the actual metal prongs), all was fine. But when I tried to clip the other end to my PC the moment it touched the metal case I could feel, hear, and see electricity xD. I immediately yanked the cable out the outlet lmao. thankfully I hadn't put any components in the case yet

it wasn't the first time that extension cord almost killed me....>_>

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Bending the GPU faceplate. Can't even close my computer anymore.

well buying a h50 for starters with a amd system then losing the brackets  installing a mobo without standoffs on my first build i didint notice till like months later and i was too lazy to fix it. eating greasy fries with my new black keyboard and mouse and getting my school iPad and calculator stolen by leaving my backpack in the bed of my dads truck then going to walmart lol 

Reading one of the first posts in this thread reminded me ... Quite a few years ago, like early 2000s or so, I fried a $200 ATI All-In-Wonder graphics card when hooking up a VCR to the inputs wrong somehow.

My worst mistake was going with FM2+ and A6-7400k instead of a Pentinum

kicked my new case about 4 times already this year :P scratched the pannel

CPU: i5 8600K 4.6GHz  GPU: GTX 1060 6GB RAM: Kingston Hyper X 16GB PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 700W Motherboard: ROG Strix Z370-G Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate 3TB Case: NZXT H440 Cooling: BeQuiet! Pure Rock

Unplugged my wireless network adapter from my motherboard while the computer was running.

LOL

after cleaning up the cables for the dozenth time in my mobo and and repositioning the fan plugs and whatnot i powered up my pc and hit the OC button on my mobo to test it out, started running some tests on it and i noticed the temps were abnormally hot, especially at being just 4.4 ghz. the idle temps were in the low to mid 40s and the stressing was hitting 100c almost instantly, after looking over and over on the mobo and trying to figure out what was wrong I finally realized that I had forgot to plug in the pump lol  temps came back down to normal

i7-6700k / Gigabyte Gaming 7 / h60

Chief of the Red Hands multi-gaming group

I bought a PC from cyberpower.

PC starts immediately shutting off.

I think its the PSU

Cyberpower says its the RAM

Mkay, i send it to them for 50 bucks.

Get it back.

Still broken

Tell them its PSU

No they say, it's gotta be the GRAPHICS CARD...

Fck Cyberpower

Buys own PSU

Still doesn't work.

Buys replacement for my brand new CPU cooler.

Continues to not work

Unplugs LED lights in pc

Works

Lay on the bed crying with my wallet for the next week

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

Watercooling an itx case with normal thickness fans..... I think I almost broke my mb with a screw trying to jam it in.

I upgraded from a 3.9 GHz i7-920 paired with an R9 270 to an i7-4770k and an R9 290.

Worst decision ever. I didn't need to upgrade and the new system was a complete waste. The old system can still play AAA titles. I just re-assembled it with a few spare parts and gave it to my roommate and he's playing Fallout 4 at 60 fps on near-max settings with only a few tweaks (tesselation set at 4x, etc). I'm such a dumbass. That 8 year old CPU still has ample life left in it and is not a bottleneck, and I don't do enough to warrant the R9 290.