the downside of being a techie

Go_On_Shadow

HEY NOW

WEER NOT ALL DUMN

What do you call 10 blondes standing ear to ear?

a wind tunnel.

Pfft.. like you are blond.

Nice joke.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I'll put this is experiences with non-techies too hut recently my chemistry teacher spent the first 45 minutes of our 1 hour class trying to get a 5 minute youtube video to work.

It was painful to watch, but shit dude... chemistry is haard.... i didnt wanna have class. xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Pfft.. like you are blond.

Nice joke.

i was born with platinum-white hair and over the years it turned copper, then yellow, blonde, then a sandy colour as we moved more north and its been getting darker scince.

currently the darker brown from noctua fans. Its on its way to chocolate brown.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I'll put this is experiences with non-techies too hut recently my chemistry teacher spent the first 45 minutes of our 1 hour class trying to get a 5 minute youtube video to work.

It was painful to watch, but shit dude... chemistry is haard.... i didnt wanna have class. xD

Slow internet or what ???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i was born with platinum-white hair and over the years it turned copper, then yellow, blonde, then a sandy colour as we moved more north and its been getting darker scince.

currently the darker brown from noctua fans. Its on its way to chocolate brown.

K.

I had to google most the color you wrote as I seriously didn't know how they looked.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

HEY NOW

WEER NOT ALL DUMN

What do you call 10 blondes standing ear to ear?

a wind tunnel.

oh hush >:C ya know i already lahv ya.

likea how much of a wind tunnel....could i use that for cooling my comp because uhhh....yeah.

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

"Because its windows... it just happens..." ~ G33k 4 L1F3

My Build....sorta. close enough http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YMG4mG

Slow internet or what ???

"Okay, so the flat plug (HDMI) on my laptop goes in here... now i need the round pluggy thingy... (HD15, she didnt realize the TV had a HDMI input, and didnt understand it didnt have a VGA connector)

Someone hooked it up for her after about 15 minutes. But then she didnt understand she could just click the link.

or copy amd paste it.

she wrote it down on paper and manually typed it in.

"Alright, now how do i plause it.... -heavy sigh and squinty eyes at screen, clearly investigating-"

-Jim Hensen

They hold you responsible for everything electronic that breaks and tell you "you probably just fucked with it for fun and now its broken"

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

When im trying to help a friend build a computer they tend to assume the people at best buy or staples know what they are talking about because they are "professionals" and should take their word over mine when really they just want to give my friends an i7 and a graphics card barely above integrated graphics. In short a really unbalanced barely fixable build. and I plead with them, and I attempt to show my work but not everybody listens... not everyone can be saved. 

the dark side of being a techie who doesnt specifically work in the tech industry is that you will always be considered amateur 

when people are like "you fix computers right? wanna do mine"

:I uhh theres a 10$ starting fee and its 3$ after every hour "pfft thats a rip off you should do it for me because were friends"

^_^ then i purposly fuck up their computer. and then im like. HMM GO TO A REAL SHOP. see how much they charge.

>so he spent 146$ just to find out i unplugged the sata cord to his HDD.....computer shops charge way to goddamn much man.

HAHA good one

The downside of being a techie is being in a community with 90% elitists cunts and geeks with superiority complexes, falling under the illusion that knowing some things about tech makes them superior in intellect to any other non techie, when in reality theres much more to this world in terms of knowledge then just IT related stuff.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Everybody tries to talk more intelligently around you (about computers at least), when in reality, you can clearly see that they're ignorant of the topic.

You get people that have no clue what they're talking about but swear up, down, left, and right that you're wrong and they're correct.

People call you a nerd, when in reality, you're a geek. (nerds = booksmart, geeks = tech savvy/smart)

You can sometimes do more charity work in a year than a small missionary

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Everybody tries to talk more intelligently around you (about computers at least), when in reality, you can clearly see that they're ignorant of the topic.

You get people that have no clue what they're talking about but swear up, down, left, and right that you're wrong and they're correct.

People call you a nerd, when in reality, you're a geek. (nerds = booksmart, geeks = tech savvy/smart)

It's the flux capacitor isn't it?

Converstions that go like this

Le Computer Noob: Hey Andrew, can you help me with "Obscure Program X"

Le Me: Im not all that familiar with "Obscure Program X", so i probably won't be able to help.

Le Computer Noob: But you're good with computers, you should know how.

Le Me: Here's something that might be able to help you "Links to XKCD Tech Support flowchart"

Le Computer Noob: That didn't help at all, cant you just do it for me?

Le Me: You responded after literally 5 seconds, you didn't even try.

Le Computer Noob: Im not good with computers, can't you just do it for me.

Le Me: What, so i can do it for you again in a week when you inevitably forget how i did it.

Le Computer Noob. You are so F*****G useless, i don't know why i even bother trying to get help from you.

*Le Computer Noob has disconnected*

Seriously people, just because i know stuff about computers, does not mean i can fix everything ever, or that you should just rely on me instead of doing shit yourself.

The people (Non-Techies) who have "other friends" that are (Techies), always believe that since theyr older they are better or more knowledgeable than you. That and if they have more expensive things than you.

That other friend is a the worst thing I have ever been faced with *unless they are not an idiot which is almost never.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Knowing the feeling of using an SSD and then havnig to use another PC with an HDD.

People assuming I know how to use whatever really obscure software they're using because I'm into computers.

People ask about a problem with their software and or hardware that is stupidly specific and incomplete/does not have enough info to answer such as "How many SATA ports does the Gigabyte z97 have?" and expect me to answer despite the fact that I make it clear to them that such a product does not exist and they need to specify more because Gigabyte happens to make more than one motherboard with the z97 chipset. When their question actually has an answer, they ask me instead of just googling it. 

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Whenever I try to troubleshoot my parent's PC they watch for 5 minutes and then decide to call up Geeksquad because I'm "Taking too long". And then the Geeksquad call ends up going on for 1 hour and when it's all said and done the cycle repeats with the next problem.

Also, when I installed an anti-malware program on their computer and they kept on freaking out each time it wanted to do a scheduled scan because "It seemed suspicious". They thought it would wipe their computer clean of data, and when I heard that I laughed so damn hard.

Can't lie though, I made $50 building their PC so that's a big bonus for being a techie.

Just because I know computers doesn't mean I know phone stuff too. Hell, I'm still using an ~8 year old flip phone, and you KNOW that, so I have no idea how to help with your smart phone. Would I be more inclined to find something you didn't? Sure, a second pair of eyes never hurt, but I have no idea how to fix a problem or change a thing or customize a setting.

Teachers and technology don't go together. Like, at all. All of a sudden you are the class' tech support.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

A geek is a person who is wholey focused or is majorly oriented on a particular subject, but there are geeky nerds or nerdy geeks.