the downside of being a techie

Go_On_Shadow

And people think 'Have you tried turning it off and on?' is not a legit answer while it usually works

lol! yes! and they me see like f413285570fa115c95f9074ce52ba2b9.jpg

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I sometimes really feel like people contact us before the OEMs, even if the problem is something like a broken MoBo out of the package.

It uses up a lot of time

I don't learn that much because mostly people have the same issues

Yeah turn off and on is really a good thing to do ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

when people are like "you fix computers right? wanna do mine"

:I uhh theres a 10$ starting fee and its 3$ after every hour "pfft thats a rip off you should do it for me because were friends"

^_^ then i purposly fuck up their computer. and then im like. HMM GO TO A REAL SHOP. see how much they charge.

>so he spent 146$ just to find out i unplugged the sata cord to his HDD.....computer shops charge way to goddamn much man.

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

"Because its windows... it just happens..." ~ G33k 4 L1F3

My Build....sorta. close enough http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YMG4mG

People always assume you can do these things on your own and are surprised when you have to go to Google.com, to look up what their problem is

And people think 'Have you tried turning it off and on?' is not a legit answer while it usually works

I've seen so many stories about how tech support will recommend doing that, and the users will go "I ALREADY TRIED THAT!", which they lied. All users lie.

Tech support asks them to do it again, and whaddya know, everything works.

The people (Non-Techies) who have "other friends" that are (Techies), always believe that since theyr older they are better or more knowledgeable than you. That and if they have more expensive things than you.

EXACTLY!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I've seen so many stories about how tech support will recommend doing that, and the users will go "I ALREADY TRIED THAT!", which they lied. All users lie.

Tech support asks them to do it again, and whaddya know, everything works.

unless the psu is fried...........but yeah 9/10 times it really does help tremendously

hell even a log off so windows loads all the services again helps.

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

unless the psu is fried...........but yeah 9/10 times it really does help tremendously

hell even a log off so windows loads all the services again helps.

Oh god.

Reminded me of a story on /r/talesfromtechsupport about a user who backed her PC against the wall under a desk for years. The PSU ended up catching fire, but instead of doing something about it she called the IT department for the company.

Oh god.

Reminded me of a story on /r/talesfromtechsupport about a user who backed her PC against the wall under a desk for years. The PSU ended up catching fire, but instead of doing something about it she called the IT department for the company.

do you mean right up AGAINST a wall or way to damn close to it? i ...dont see how itd catch fire but. yeah :D turning on and off a on fire psu alwyas works 100%

<3

whenever i try to use a pc at work or college its is soooooooo slow. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

"Can you take a look at this for me? Oh come on. it's like 5 minutes of your time"- Ends up being a major issue, you spend hours of work on it, fix it because it's "friends" or family or friends of family and you get a thanks, maybe a chocolate or something like 5e as a thank you at best. I seriously am going to start declining such requests, purely to force people to go to shops and see a bill. Shops here charge anywhere between 10e-40e for diagnosing the problem.

do you mean right up AGAINST a wall or way to damn close to it? i ...dont see how itd catch fire but. yeah :D turning on and off a on fire psu alwyas works 100%

<3

I don't remember the story word-for-word since I read about it months ago, but with what I remember the thing built up so much dust, and something happened to make it catch fire. Instead of getting up, she just sat there calling the IT department telling them her computer was on fire.

I don't remember the story word-for-word since I read about it months ago, but with what I remember the thing built up so much dust, and something happened to make it catch fire. Instead of getting up, she just sat there calling the IT department telling them her computer was on fire.

was.......was she blonde?

whenever i try to use a pc at work or college its is soooooooo slow. 

At our school we have PC's w/ P4's and 512MB RAM

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Another issue is that I always have the urge to buy new tech since I'm passionate about it. I don't play games that often really, nearly not at all, but I have an urge to build a new gaming desktop with a sweet amd 300 gpu

At our school we have PC's w/ P4's and 512MB RAM

at work i have a 1366 2U PC with dual xeons and a quadro and 2X2tb HDD's in raid 1 and its depressingly slow. at college they have P4 with 2 or 3gb or ram and it takes 15mins just to log on.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Everyone believes and takes our advise about tech. Then they have bad experience with the product, either RMA or can't understand, they blame you. I tend to feel bad.

I like to make them choose on their own and I just guide them.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

That people blame me for tech problems 

(dad blamed me for wifi connection: (asians, when will they learn?...)

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

It depletes your wallet... Poor wallet. *Press F to salute pay respect*

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Asian parents will just blame their kids for everything. Mine do anyway.

This is because asian parents have nothing intelligent to say except when it comes to paracetamol

nuff said 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

It depletes your wallet... Poor wallet. *Press F to salute*

It's press f to pay respects

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX