the downside of being a techie

Go_On_Shadow

The thing is that people will ask for guidence on a cheap gaming laptop for like under $750 USD, after telling them that there is no way in hell i talk to them about the importance of a gpu in gaming, and they go and buy an hp $600 2 in 1 and complain that it can't play minecraft with an intel i5 mobile without a didicated gpu.

At our school we have PC's w/ P4's and 512MB RAM

we have macs at our school with an intel dual core 2.7Ghz and an NVIDIA 260M (both discontinued) and 512Mb of ram, and a 10Gb HHD

My Face When you tell people to update their drivers and they laugh and say they're "Not Stupid."

After updating drivers their problems go away, they shut up.

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT

1. Always end up helping people WAY too much then I should (I'm fine with close friends and family but other people I barely know do it a lot more than close friends and family do).

2. Once I work on a computer and fix it and another problem occurs I get blamed for it and have to fix it again.

3. Getting thought as one of those people who will never have a life and live in their parents' basement for the rest of their lives.

4. Having the urge to update everything I see to the newest and greatest tech.

a big disappointment when the only solution you can think of is: reformatting the hdd

edit:

another disappointment when the software support guy is expected to be knowledgeable in hardware troubleshooting as well.. (and vis a vis, not everyone is knowledgeable in ALL)

The teachers call you up and say can you fix the projector and it's just not plugged in........

Pretty much most of what the above posts said.

• Other people's PCs feel slow and are full of junk
  • Having to deal with techies and non techies who think they are always right
  • People expecting me to perform miracles
  • People who treat me as the go-to guy for anything and everything related to tech (when there are a lot of stuff I don't know about)
  • Griping about certain tech news and companies for the nonsense they do that techies understand 
  • The 'repeat customer' family member/friend who keep getting their PC bogged down in junk
  • The temptation to splurge on new hardware
  • I hate the ****ing dead weight consoles chained to the legs of the games/PC industry

But I got nothing to complain about as the pros far outweigh the cons.

^^ this summarises my life basically :D

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz