GTA V 4k Footage? (EDIT: no footage, just screenshots) Looks baller on PC as expected.

vodkapump

Supposedly (from translating the Gamersky article) they have access to footage of GTA V running at 4K on PS4 and PC.

post-165174-0-90862500-1426313334.jpg

Have some google translate:

Yesterday we posted a "GTA5" The 4K video contrast , the PS3 / PS4 / PC version at 4K display contrast (forgive slag library can not play 4K), we can see, PC version is still very obvious advantages Today, we once again bring you a 4K video contrast, PC version is still outstanding, but we can see from the comparison, vehicle modeling compared to the PC version seems to be a lot of greasy PS4 version, had to do in order to pursue quality oil a little?

PC looks quite a lot better I have to say... Maybe Rockstar is actually doing good this time?

Here's a imgur with some screenshots that compare. EDIT2: imgur album is gone, check source for images.

There's also a video and more images over at gamersky.

EDIT: no footage, just screenshots. Video had issues loading for me, and sources on other places said it was video. Turns out, it's just screenshots.

Source: http://www.gamersky.com/news/201503/534852.shtml

post-165174-0-90862500-1426313334.jpg

wow such a minor difference and u made us wait 1.6 years for this game rockstar u should have made it better 

wow such a minor difference and u made us wait 1.6 years for this game rockstar u should have made it better 

that is not minor, having all the textures be redone at a higher res. 1.6 years on a 7 year dev time is not that bad.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

mmmmmmmmmmm<3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

they didn't have to make it at all.... And I don't see anyone else trying to enter the "GTA" market aside from saints row, which they aren't much competition

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Wow, the change from PS3 to PC is insane! Glad there is even a difference, though. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I just know I need to replace my 3.5GB 970 for this.. DAMNIT NVIDIA

Since there are no 6GB cards yet (non Titan anyway) you should just wait.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

damn have they remade all of the car models, looks rather close to 60k polys to me, that explains it, thats a massive difference and that takes a lot of time.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You know when you are just looking at PC screen shots by themselves it's sometimes hard to see the differences but put together like that it really shows how much better the game looks. Every single thing in those screenshots looks better. Ground, distance, foliage, vehicles, signs, etc it is a huge jump from not only the PS3/360 versions but also a very obvious one from the PS4/XB1 rereleases. Given how much stuff is in the game for them to have to tweak and improve to get that game to that level really does explain a good amount of the wait.

LOL the ps4 version xD

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm impressed they actually have different models on the PC version.
This is how it should be done.

RTX2070OC 

Well worth the wait.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I just know I need to replace my 3.5GB 970 for this.. DAMNIT NVIDIA

SAME DUDE 

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Since there are no 6GB cards yet (non Titan anyway) you should just wait.

There was a 6GB 7970. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

the sad thing is..... pc players are still waiting on release ... console players are already playing heists in the oline mode....

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

I must have this game, I must has it NOWWWW

the sad thing is..... pc players are still waiting on release ... console players are already playing heists in the oline mode....

At least ours won't look like gta 3.

And, first person mode.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I must have this game, I must has it NOWWWW

At least ours won't look like gta 3.

And, first person mode.

The PS4 and XB1 versions have first person mode as well.

The PS4 and XB1 versions have first person mode as well.

Yeah, but it's going to look like shit, and run like shit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Lukin awesome!!!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

that is not minor, having all the textures be redone at a higher res. 1.6 years on a 7 year dev time is not that bad.

Artists don't work with low res textures, they create really high res stuff then scale it down to each platform.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Yeah, but it's going to look like shit, and run like shit.

I couldn't stand the performance of the Xbox 360 version, and it was as you describe.  I even had my Xbox 360 hooked up at PC monitor distance at the time for convenience and uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh felt like PS2.

However I also demo'd the Xbox One version for ~4 hours or so and of course not PC texture quality but it ran well (back to playing at 6ft though), load times were suddenly back to acceptable.

What I am concluding from all the above is that Rockstar is taking the time to make good ports of GTA V, thus I am confident GTA V PC version will be of the same high quality.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

nice. not only are textures much better, but You can tell they added lots of extra details, like flood lights on the pickup, or a fence on the property with the grungy trailer. GG Rockstar.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR