GTX 980 Owners Club

LinusTechTips GTX 980 Owners club

Just general chat about what makes it great. Likes and dislikes, that kinda stuff. Keep it civil. 

If you want, share your BIOS. And maybe post a pic of your card :)

Please no derails.

post-62428-0-95157400-1426200717_thumb.j

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

wut sleepy hollows?

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Can i be here if i wish i had one or?

yes. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

wut sleepy hollows?

thx for shitposting on my thread

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

My 760s outperform a 980 stock in situations where 2GB vRAM is fine.

That's all I have. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Rumor has it EK are working on something for the K|NGP|N...

i thought the 980 kingpin wasnt out yet?

It is out. Came out near the end of February. pre-ordered my card. Would love a waterblock though. 

It is out. Came out near the end of February. pre-ordered my card. Would love a waterblock though. 

how much was it? the 980 kingpin that is.

askdjfasdf

how much was it? the 980 kingpin that is.

My final price was £590. 

Need a DMM to accurately measure my voltages though. 

Would you rather have waited for the price of the Titan X when it was announced?

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Would you rather have waited for the price of the Titan X when it was announced?

When i heard about the Titan X (one week after i got my 980) @KingCry and @Gofspar reminded me. 

Can't wait for the benchmarks on that thing  :o

When i heard about the Titan X (one week after i got my 980) @KingCry and @Gofspar reminded me. 

Can't wait for the benchmarks on that thing  :o

They out.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-performance-benchmarks-unveiled-massive-performance-uplift-gtx-980-234way-sli-results/

I'm just upstet that AMD just turned around and bet big on its 300 series. Now I might have wanted a 390x.

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

They out.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-performance-benchmarks-unveiled-massive-performance-uplift-gtx-980-234way-sli-results/

I'm just upstet that AMD just turned around and bet big on its 300 series. Now I might have wanted a 390x.

That's one powerful card. 

Also 1GHz base clock is nice. Hopefully when there's a GTX 990 or GTX TITAN X2 they actually overclock them a bit. NV always under clocks there dual GPU cards. 

No love for his little brother 780? :(

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

No love for his little brother 780? :(

no 970 feels either

4gb of real ddr5 vram :D  

Is it worth it to mess with the memory clock? 

2053c43a33.jpg

so pretty

10842102_1075162325834314_78055689225477

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

2053c43a33.jpg

fuck yes, if its samsung go ham

fuck yes, if its samsung go ham

it is samsung. Will honey ham work?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

it is samsung. Will honey ham work?

bbq will work a bit better with temps,

2053c43a33.jpg

so pretty

10842102_1075162325834314_78055689225477

You could try the jump to 7500MHz.

Near all the 900 series cards use Samsung modules. Samsung have the greatest VRAM modules and DDR3 modules ever.

Heres my babys. In my new rig.

C3ZSWqJ.jpg

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930