GTX 980 Owners Club

Heres my babys. In my new rig.

C3ZSWqJ.jpg  

Here's two of my SC ACX 2.0's in SLI.  Currently +120/120 OC'd.

£590 for a K|ngp|n? Where the hell?

On mobile so all the pictures are staying :/.

Those SLi rigs are nice. Didn't know that the logo lit up. I'd love a second 980 but doubt I could run both of them over clocked on my 850W G2.

I got my KPE for £590 cos I got it pre-ordered. They are £650 on Overclockers. You could have two very capable GTX 970s for that price.

Got a shirt with it as well :)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On mobile so all the pictures are staying :/.

Those SLi rigs are nice. Didn't know that the logo lit up. I'd love a second 980 but doubt I could run both of them over clocked on my 850W G2.

I got my KPE for £590 cos I got it pre-ordered. They are £650 on Overclockers. You could have two very capable GTX 970s for that price.

Got a shirt with it as well :)

Id like the KPE I ment to order the FTW but accidentally got the SC.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

They are £650 on Overclockers. You could have two very capable GTX 970s for that price.

£644 including next day delivery over at scan :D

£644 including next day delivery over at scan :D

wow. Save £6 pound. SCAN don't ship here to Northern Ireland even though they have some pretty nice stuff. 

Id like the KPE I ment to order the FTW but accidentally got the SC.

You could RMA i think. Or step up. Although step up only gives a reference cards. So not sure if that would work. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Heres my babys. In my new rig.

C3ZSWqJ.jpgStock heatsink master race. Jk, I really want a hyper 212 :(

I was surprised that my single 980 outperforms my old Crossfired XFX 7970's GHz edition by so much, every thread i read suggested that it wasnt a great idea to upgrade to a single 980..  But ill tell you what the problems and unoptimized Crossfired games out there makes it worth it 100x over. No longer do i have to deal with micro stutter and inconstant frame rates.

If you were in the same boat as me... Take the plunge the single 980 feels 100x smoother then any crossfiring i have ever done.

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

I was surprised that my single 980 outperforms my old Crossfired XFX 7970's GHz edition by so much, every thread i read suggested that it wasnt a great idea to upgrade to a single 980..  But ill tell you what the problems and unoptimized Crossfired games out there makes it worth it 100x over. No longer do i have to deal with micro stutter and inconstant frame rates.

If you were in the same boat as me... Take the plunge the single 980 feels 100x smoother then any crossfiring i have ever done.

I used to run two GTX 660s and it annoyed me when big titles had no SLi support. Going to one big card is a better option but if i want to go 1440 or 4K and play ultra/med-high i'd need another card. 

1440p, i should upgrade, although 1440p monitors are mega pricey. 

I used to run two GTX 660s and it annoyed me when big titles had no SLi support. Going to one big card is a better option but if i want to go 1440 or 4K and play ultra/med-high i'd need another card. 

1440p, i should upgrade, although 1440p monitors are mega pricey. 

A single 980 will run 1440p just fine.

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

Just picked up a 2nd Evga Gtx980 a little bit ago. Going to do some "testing" all day now. :D

wow. Save £6 pound. SCAN don't ship here to Northern Ireland even though they have some pretty nice stuff. 

You could RMA i think. Or step up. Although step up only gives a reference cards. So not sure if that would work. 

It's a bit more than £6 in savings. Overclockers has the K|ngp|n at almost £670 including shipping.

It's a bit more than £6 in savings. Overclockers has the K|ngp|n at almost £670 including shipping.

Oh yeah OCUK shipping is expensive. 

Maybe I should take a better pic of the 980's

post-152427-0-73643900-1426268606_thumb.

post-152427-0-00252300-1426268621_thumb.

I have a potato!

That looks rather full. How does the top cards temps look like when gaming? 

also that Dead Silence fan must help a lot for air flow. 

That fan looks wicked in there, nice build.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Just randomly got an MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G off Craigslist for $400 flat.  Can't say I would have bought the card at its retail price, but I'm happy with what I've got.

Thing overclocks a lot better than my previous 970 as well.  You can tell there's a tangible quality different between it and the 970 that goes beyond just framerates.  Getting a lot smoother performance.

GTX 980 sli in my machine

10620411_10153075009646388_4523448831106

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

GTX 980 sli in my machine

Nice. How they do on the ROG Swift? 

That looks rather full. How does the top cards temps look like when gaming? 

also that Dead Silence fan must help a lot for air flow. 

Even though it looks pretty cramped in the computer, I made sure that the airflow was good.  My top card overclocked hits temps no higher than 70c under load with an ambient temp of 23c.  I have a total of 9 fans in the case with high flow & low decibel.  If I have every fan setting at max, to include the cpu and gpu fans, i hit temps in the mid 50c under load. 

I have a potato!

Even though it looks pretty cramped in the computer, I made sure that the airflow was good.  My top card overclocked hits temps no higher than 70c under load with an ambient temp of 23c.  I have a total of 9 fans in the case with high flow & low decibel.  If I have every fan setting at max, to include the cpu and gpu fans, i hit temps in the mid 50c under load. 

All you need are fancy back plates.

I'd love a second 980 but doubt I could run both of them over clocked on my 850W G2.

That 850W is plenty for SLI. I have a Corsair AX860i (860W), and it handled my previous 780 TI SLI OC'd no problem. The 980's are way more power efficient than the TI's, about 100W less per card. My full system under load only draws about 500W from the wall. Both GPU's and CPU are OC'd.

All you need are fancy back plates.

They are always out of stock so I may get a custom one made even though it will cost me twice as much.  I just find it annoying that we pay this amount of money and EVGA refuses to put backplates on their cards.

I have a potato!

They are always out of stock so I may get a custom one made even though it will cost me twice as much.  I just find it annoying that we pay this amount of money and EVGA refuses to put backplates on their cards.

I was amazed that even the standard Classified card has no back plate. 

That 850W is plenty for SLI. I have a Corsair AX860i (860W), and it handled my previous 780 TI SLI OC'd no problem. The 980's are way more power efficient than the TI's, about 100W less per card. My full system under load only draws about 500W from the wall. Both GPU's and CPU are OC'd.

If my card ever goes to full TDP it'll do 513W. 

They are always out of stock so I may get a custom one made even though it will cost me twice as much.

Just order it from Amazon. I found out through CS that they supply the backplates to all of their resellers first, before they stock up the EVGA store. That's why they are usually OOS. I ordered my backplates a couple of weeks ago on Amazon (even though they had no stock), it shipped out this past Monday, and should receive them today. It looks like Amazon ships them out, as soon as the backplates trickle in from EVGA.

Just order it from Amazon. I found out through CS that they supply the backplates to all of their resellers first, before they stock up the EVGA store. That's why they are usually OOS. I ordered my backplates a couple of weeks ago on Amazon (even though they had no stock), it shipped out this past Monday, and should receive them today. It looks like Amazon ships them out, as soon as the backplates trickle in from EVGA.

Thanks for that bit of info! I will do that right now

I have a potato!

Nice. How they do on the ROG Swift? 

Great. Most AAA games at max settings are around 130 to 144 FPS. Exp. for Far Cry 4 it tends to sits around mid 70 fps.

Having g-sync fixes most SLI issues.

I will be honest. I can't tell the different between 120hz and 144hz.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q