GTX 970 Owners Club

Hello and thank for this useful post! I have tried also tempering with the bios of my GTX 970 (Palit Jetstream)  using the overclockers custom air bios that they have as template but i encountered artifacts! My ASIC is 75% according to GPU-Z.

I have achieved a stable OC with afterburner only at +84mhz core and +85mhz memory.

Can you suggest a custom bios that can do better?

I provide the latest bios of my card.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sb9n20c918u5x3r/PalitJetStreamGM204.rom?dl=0

Thank you!

what do you need from the bios, more voltage?

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

this is how i feel about screwed up drivers

-snip-

Let me tell you, scared me shitless.  Whole thing started artifacting, even restarts didn't fix it.  Eventually got to fix it, OC runs fine now, but I wouldn't be surprised if more stuff pops up.

Let me tell you, scared me shitless.  Whole thing started artifacting, even restarts didn't fix it.  Eventually got to fix it, OC runs fine now, but I wouldn't be surprised if more stuff pops up.

"Let me tell you, scared me shitless"  - made my day bruh

yea its been far too much of a pain in the ... to be honest. im sticking with 350.12 til they fix this crap. although there are rumours (and thus as such they should be taken) that nV might be purposefully nerfing the drivers to prevent people from OC'ing past profitable margins (i.e. if you buy a 970 and OC it to the performance of a 980, nV just lost out on a 250 bucks price premium, so they're nerfing it to the point where a 970 can at most get to just below a 980s performance, but not quite, so if you want that performance, you're gonna have to buy it straight up).

again, these are rumours, so lets see how the batman game ready driver behaves before we freak the f*** out and go insane on nV forums. i dont think its true, but i wouldnt be 100% surprised if it was.

"Screw YOU guys, I'm going hoeeme" 

"Let me tell you, scared me shitless"  - made my day bruh

yea its been far too much of a pain in the ... to be honest. im sticking with 350.12 til they fix this crap. although there are rumours (and thus as such they should be taken) that nV might be purposefully nerfing the drivers to prevent people from OC'ing past profitable margins (i.e. if you buy a 970 and OC it to the performance of a 980, nV just lost out on a 250 bucks price premium, so they're nerfing it to the point where a 970 can at most get to just below a 980s performance, but not quite, so if you want that performance, you're gonna have to buy it straight up).

again, these are rumours, so lets see how the batman game ready driver behaves before we freak the f*** out and go insane on nV forums. i dont think its true, but i wouldnt be 100% surprised if it was.

They're even recommending people to underclock their already stock cards. 

Thank god i'm still on 350.12, getting my 970 this friday.

I have the 350.12 driver, I should install it normally right?

They're even recommending people to underclock their already stock cards. 

Thank god i'm still on 350.12, getting my 970 this friday.

I have the 350.12 driver, I should install it normally right?

yep, just watch it with nVidia GeForce experience, tried to install new drivers on me the other day.

yep, just watch it with nVidia GeForce experience, tried to install new drivers on me the other day.

I never install that. I have lots of experience with Nvidia issues. 

This exactly: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/781982/geforce-drivers/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-feedback-gathering-low-gpu-load-and-other-issues-/168/

They never mention this, but this is a huge issue that haven't been solved.

I consider GFE crapware, it slows your PC (I use SSD, but I need damn boot times), it's useless, you're better off manually configuring your game's settings. And I hate that it tries to install the drivers for you, without telling you 

Can't understand why people are paying 80€ for 3fps more and the ability to spend 200€ more on an adaptive sync solution.

(just for fanboy fun...)

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

GTX 970 SuperClocked or G1 @Gofspar?

G1, SC sucks.

I never install that. I have lots of experience with Nvidia issues. 

This exactly: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/781982/geforce-drivers/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-feedback-gathering-low-gpu-load-and-other-issues-/168/

They never mention this, but this is a huge issue that haven't been solved.

I consider GFE crapware, it slows your PC (I use SSD, but I need damn boot times), it's useless, you're better off manually configuring your game's settings. And I hate that it tries to install the drivers for you, without telling you 

can i uninstall geforce experience? or does it come with the driver? cos id easily do without

Who here bought the more expensive G1 Gaming 970 just because it sags less?(I really wanted the zotac amp extreme, but i couldnt find any in local computer shops. I heard that card is also tough)

Who here bought the more expensive G1 Gaming 970 just because it sags less?(I really wanted the zotac amp extreme, but i couldnt find any in local computer shops. I heard that card is also tough)

i have a g1, but what do yoe mean "sags less"? do you mean in terms of weight on the pci-e slot?

i have a g1, but what do yoe mean "sags less"? do you mean in terms of weight on the pci-e slot?

yes, the backplate on this card seems to be stronger than others

i think the most of us have chosen the G1 because

- they are the most overbuild gtx 970 cards

- preselected chips,

- good I/O Panel 

- good if not best stock cooling solution (atleast if you dont mind some dB's)

which results into a good overclocking card ;)

hm ihave screwed my g1 into place at the case and still have the motherboard thingy that holds the card.. it doesnt seem to "sag" Its pretty straight and stable.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

i think the most of us have chosen the G1 because

- they are the most overbuild gtx 970 cards

- preselected chips,

- good I/O Panel 

- good if not best stock cooling solution (atleast of you dont mind some DB's)

which results into a good overclocking card ;)

i wouldnt say this is the best one overall, but for the price it is amazing. The HoF lineup of cards from Galax offers great overclocking capabilities, but the price hurts the wallet. Just curious, how many people here runs a HoF card

I dont know any1 with a HoF Card. I would prefer to buy a GTX980 instead of a GTX970 HoF...

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

can i uninstall geforce experience? or does it come with the driver? cos id easily do without

Yes you can. Do it from Control Panel, like any other program.

Next time you install Nvidia drivers select "Custom Install", and install only the things you need. If you don't need 3D, uncheck 3D drivers. In that part also uncheck Geforce Experience.

I just install the driver (not 3D drivers), the HD audio driver (for audio out from the GPU) and Physx.

Also select "Clean Install" to avoid issues.

Don't use stuff like DDU, because changes stuff from Windows registry and it likes to mess with important Windows files. Most of the time it works, but it's really not recommended to use it.

i wouldnt say this is the best one overall, but for the price it is amazing. The HoF lineup of cards from Galax offers great overclocking capabilities, but the price hurts the wallet. Just curious, how many people here runs a HoF card

to be honest ive never seen, tried, or even seen a review of a galax card, so i honestly have no idea if they're any good. the fact that no one uses them/knows much about them i thought meant they weren't very good. im probably wrong then i guess.

but id be interested in seeing how thery perform too

*snip*

whats ddu? never heard of that

and thanks for the update  ;)

to be honest ive never seen, tried, or even seen a review of a galax card, so i honestly have no idea if they're any good. the fact that no one uses them/knows much about them i thought meant they weren't very good. im probably wrong then i guess.

but id be interested in seeing how thery perform too

they are overclocking beasts when it comes to air coolers, they have custom PCBs with high quality materials, capacitors, and other stuff. I believe 8 or 7 heat pipes, 3 fans, dual bios, on top of that, they look pretty darn awesome in white with a really clean backplate with their fancy logo on it. The Hall of Fame LED on the side is also pretty wide and will surely get your attention. This is more of a premium card than anything else, but i almost bought this thing, the only thing holding me back before i bought it was because they don't ship outside US and Canada. There is actually a short review from LTT for the GTX 980 variant of this card just so you can see what differentiates HoF cards from others.

whats ddu? never heard of that

and thanks for the update  ;)

DisplayDriverUninstaller

snip

yea i saw, they look freaking awesome in aesthetics and specs, im just wondering whether or not the chip itself will be high quality, allowing for great OCs. although i guess to get 1200MHz out the box it probably has a pretty high asic score, so yea. pretty expensive though, idk if the premium is rly wort the extra MHz, unless it OCs like 100MHz higher  then other cards at the very least.

but i guess of budget isnt a problem, then go for it, looks great on paper as well.

HoF isn't binned and it's overpriced, you can get a reference 980 for that kinda money.