GTX 970 Owners Club

@Gofspar what Bios should I use for my Gigabyte G1 with Hynix memory.

you aren't supposed to directly flash it, usually you copy my bios settings into your bios with maxwell bios tweaker then flash it..

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

you aren't supposed to directly flash it, usually you copy my bios settings into your bios with maxwell bios tweaker then flash it..

Never mind I got it.

Neither F13 or F51 bios's worked. I got an error code saying Flash BIOS failed! ErrCode=0x2000000E

just got back, you all good? 

thats strange though, there arent any other stock bioses for hynix memory, don't see why it shouldnt work.

"Screw YOU guys, I'm going hoeeme" 

Hmm, I was flashing your bioses directly too, I'll try this.

By the way, My stock bios has boost clock set at 1519MHz in the boost table tab rather than 1404 (like the custom ones), should i lower it to that value? Everything else I've changed to match the custom bios (1.3v).

Hmm, I was flashing your bioses directly too, I'll try this.

By the way, My stock bios has boost clock set at 1519MHz in the boost table tab rather than 1404 (like the custom ones), should i lower it to that value? Everything else I've changed to match the custom bios (1.3v).

I think you might lower it to a clockspeed near the stockoverclock until you know your card can do that higher clocks stable 24/7..

by doing so its easier to turn down the clockspeed if needed. (without flashing bios again)

Mine was set @1519mhz in the stockbios aswell.

EDIT:

To see which BIOS you need i guess you can read it via MBT aswell. The Device ID tells you. for example mine: 10DE - 13C2 which means bios version F10-F13. But im not sure. Only thing i know is i have Bios version F10. Found out with the Gigabyte tool. Could also be something else. There might be someone here to clarify if this is correct or not.

EDIT2: NVM its written in the name line in the Maxwell Bios Tweaker anyway. "GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD_P/F10"

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

If you copy ALL the settings into your stock bios it doesn't matter what revision you have.

BIOS's have more than what you see in MBT, theres code hidden behind the scenes.

if your card has the same model number of bios you can directly flash it, if not just copy the settings.

I have a Strix 970 and it is perfect for my m-itx build, so quiet, good performance and as its already overclocked from the factory, i left it as it is out of the box, the LED is fine to me, i like it as i know its got power connected. would be nice if the Strix logo lite up, but its ok as it is. 

got to love Asus components

If you copy ALL the settings into your stock bios it doesn't matter what revision you have.

BIOS's have more than what you see in MBT, theres code hidden behind the scenes.

if your card has the same model number of bios you can directly flash it, if not just copy the settings.

yes, it just was meant for troubleshooting some things changed with new bios, monitor compatibility for example. If someone has to change his bios for trouble shooting if anything doesnt work. He probably should download the bios meant for him. But if everything is fine anyway there is no reason to update to a newer bios version ;)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

All set and done, everything working, stable +200MHz Core (1605MHz Boost Clock) and +400MHz on the Memory.
Aahhh, the places I could have gone with Samsung memory and a decent PSU  :D 
@Gofspar is a god

Has anyone got a newer version of the Bios for a G1 Gaming with Samsung memory? Its current version (84.04.1F.00.B4) has its factory overclock at +177MHz instead of +127, which is causing some of the problems.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Halp, im getting "display driver stopped responding and has recovered". I have +180 core and +440 memory. Driver never crashes in game, only on desktop or chrome.

Edit: I changed management mode from adaptive to max performance. DO you think this is the problem or not?

Has anyone got a newer version of the Bios for a G1 Gaming with Samsung memory? Its current version (84.04.1F.00.B4) has its factory overclock at +177MHz instead of +127, which is causing some of the problems.

What kind of problems? Have you edited your bios already?

as you can see here:  http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/162875/gigabyte-gtx970-4096-140917.html your real Bios version should be F2 so on the Gigabyte site you can install bios f1 to f9.

On this site http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5209&dl=1&RWD=0#biosyou could download the F3 Bios as F formated file and Install it with the utilities found here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5209&dl=1&RWD=0#utility (i think you cant bios update F-formated files with NV Flash)

If your problems come from overclocking without tuned Bios. Just extract your bios. Failsafe stock bios. Copy, and then edit it to the desired bios version gofspar made. or just upload your stock bios and the nice gofspar god might edit it to your wishes.

Halp, im getting "display driver stopped responding and has recovered". I have +180 core and +440 memory. Driver never crashes in game, only on desktop or chrome.

Try different driver, this happens to me with the witcher3 game ready driver as well. Or try to fix it .. Keywords for google search is TDR "Timeout Detection & Recovery" for example: http://http.developer.nvidia.com/NsightVisualStudio/2.2/Documentation/UserGuide/HTML/Content/Timeout_Detection_Recovery.htm

Version 350.12 works just fine for me.

Oh, thanks, I'll try to downgrade the driver.

Or you could use this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/413110/geforce-drivers/the-nvlddmkm-error-what-is-it-an-fyi-for-those-seeing-this-issue/ and might find an old driver that is causing the problem.. my drivers are all up to date and the problem still exists.. and im to lazy to find the real issue... so i just went back to 350.12...

What kind of problems? Have you edited your bios already?

as you can see here: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/162875/gigabyte-gtx970-4096-140917.html your real Bios version should be F2 so on the Gigabyte site you can install bios f1 to f9.

On this site http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5209&dl=1&RWD=0#biosyou could download the F3 Bios as F formated file and Install it with the utilities found here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5209&dl=1&RWD=0#utility (i think you cant bios update F-formated files with NV Flash)

If your problems come from overclocking without tuned Bios. Just extract your bios. Failsafe stock bios. Copy, and then edit it to the desired bios version gofspar made. or just upload your stock bios and the nice gofspar god might edit it to your wishes.

Try different driver, this happens to me with the witcher3 game ready driver as well. Or try to fix it .. Keywords for google search is TDR "Timeout Detection & Recovery" for example: http://http.developer.nvidia.com/NsightVisualStudio/2.2/Documentation/UserGuide/HTML/Content/Timeout_Detection_Recovery.htm

Version 350.12 works just fine for me.

Its unstable has all hell at stock. Even in Bf 1942 the display driver crashes. And the bios is the original.

PMSL

Its unstable has all hell at stock. Even in Bf 1942 the display driver crashes. And the bios is the original.

try driver 350.12 and see if the problems are still there... use DDU and make a full clean install. 

If the driver is still crashing at stock clock and 350.12 search for driver updates. If you are lazy use tools like "slim drivers" to find updates.

Edit: doesnt sound like a bios problem.

try driver 350.12 and see if the problems are still there... use DDU and make a full clean install. 

If the driver is still crashing at stock clock and 350.12 search for driver updates. If you are lazy use tools like "slim drivers" to find updates.

I've already tried 344, 347 and I'm running 350 now, it still clocks 50MHz higher than it should be and is unstable.

PMSL

Or you could use this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/413110/geforce-drivers/the-nvlddmkm-error-what-is-it-an-fyi-for-those-seeing-this-issue/ and might find an old driver that is causing the problem.. my drivers are all up to date and the problem still exists.. and im to lazy to find the real issue... so i just went back to 350.12...

I uninstalled completely everything and went back to 350.12, always have problems installing over old/new drivers because gpu load stays @ 50% all the time, weird problem but complete uninstall works.

Will report if it still crashes.

EDIT. this gpu is so weird, before it idled @ 385 mhz now @ 405.... nvm restarted pc and its 135 now O.o. Is 8% load normal for idle?

I've already tried 344, 347 and I'm running 350 now, it still clocks 50MHz higher than it should be and is unstable.

You my friend have a very strange card. where have you bought it? Is it fresh from a vendor? I mean without changing anything in the Bios or having evga precision/ msi afterburner running and having 50mhz more then it should is really strange stuff.. you maybe should RMA the card...

I uninstalled completely everything and went back to 350.12, always have problems installing over old/new drivers because gpu load stays @ 50% all the time, weird problem but complete uninstall works.

Will report if it still crashes.

EDIT. this gpu is so weird, before it idled @ 385 mhz now @ 405.... nvm restarted pc and its 135 now O.o. Is 8% load normal for idle?

i guess 8% gpu load can happen while browsing at lower clocks of adaptive energy saving mode. 

One last thing, is there any difference when using max performance instead of adaptive mode in games?

One last thing, is there any difference when using max performance instead of adaptive mode in games?

max performance basically turns gpu boost off.