GTX 970 Owners Club

Damn these things are power hungry when overclocked. I've increased TDP to 300W and it needs more at 1590 MHz.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Posted Today, 01:45 AM#851 icon_share.png

Doughnutnator, on 03 Jun 2015 - 01:37 AM, said:snapback.png

Anyone tested 353.06 yet?

Yes, it's shit.

+1

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Yes, it's shit.

It actually killed my Windows installation-twice.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It actually killed my Windows installation-twice.

It almost killed my card.

It almost killed my card.

If that's what happened when you used it, I'm surprised my 970 didn't die, it hasn't been working that well for months (Battlefield 1942 causes it to destabilise when even my old laptop runs it at max with no problems, and I've given up on RMA's)

PMSL

@Gofspar DUDE HELP ME PLS!

Just got my new 970.

It has Samsung memory, but it boosts to 1442Mhz in stock. What the hell does this mean?

ASIC: 83.8% DAAAAAMN

Just got my new 970.

It has Samsung memory, but it boosts to 1442Mhz in stock. What the hell does this mean?

wat u mean doge

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Just got my new 970.

G1 Gaming syndrome. Mine tries to do the same, but the VRMs just aren't good enough since the first week of +150mhz, +12mv.

PMSL

G1 Gaming syndrom. Mine tries to do the same, but the VRMs just aren't good enough since the first week of +150mhz, +12mv.

So your performance degraded or what?

So your performance degraded or what?

Not performance but something on the card (the VRM is the current suspect) which causes it to run at an unusual clock and to destabilise after a while even at low temps. And then there is the so called 'GPU gauntlet'. Gigabyte can go and get f***ed with that after the comparison to my 650 Ti, also made by them them:

post-155575-0-98261000-1433459805_thumb.

PMSL

Not performance but something on the card (the VRM is the current suspect) which causes it to run at an unusual clock and to destabilise after a while even at low temps. And then there is the so called 'GPU gauntlet'. Gigabyte can go and get f***ed with that after the comparison to my 650 Ti, also made by them them:

Untitled2.png

Damn :( that's sad man.

So far I managed to get 1580Mhz with stock voltage, haven't touched the memory. Hope this card runs good.

@Gofspar is overvolting to go past 1600Mhz worth it?

Damn :( that's sad man.

So far I managed to get 1580Mhz with stock voltage, haven't touched the memory. Hope this card runs good.

@Gofspar is overvolting to go past 1600Mhz worth it?

Well considering your asic score and current overclock, your card is extremely good. Its just a shame that any RMA cards of mine were as bad as my first card or worse (the 5th RMA ended with me recienving my original card which was apparently 'fixed'-I called BS on that and now I can't contact Gigabyte (I didn't swear or say anything angrily-a 970 is an enormous step from a 650 ti no matter what-I just asked them what the hell was going on).

PMSL

Well considering your asic score and current overclock, your card is extremely good. Its just a shame that any RMA cards of mine were as bad as my first card or worse (the 5th RMA ended with me recienving my original card which was apparently 'fixed'-I called BS on that and now I can't contact Gigabyte (I didn't swear or say anything angrily-a 970 is an enormous step from a 650 ti no matter what-I just asked them what the hell was going on).

Don't let them do that, because that' unfair. I would try again, but maybe using other name so they don't say "it's the same guy!"

Don't let them do that, because that' unfair. I would try again, but maybe using other name so they don't say "it's the same guy!"

They straight up don't respond to any queries from my phone number (mobile and home) or anything from my ip adress (I tried contacting them from an internet cafe, as soon as the amount of RMA's was mentioned they hang up).

PMSL

Hmn, In Germany its law that you can retreat from buy after 3times RMA / repair attemps if the product has a defect. (within 2years)

Mine looks this way with stock bios:

http://www11.pic-upload.de/05.06.15/51ts32qjfqb9.jpg

I cant reach stable 1600MHz  (not even with the 1.3v custom Bios). And i cant get the memory reach 7600 MHz. 

But a new PSU might change some things..

I have quiet coil whine when my FPS are going above the Monitor Refresh Rate .. 

and maybe i can clock higher and coil whine will fade away.

Im currently using a 5year old Cooler Master M600 Silent Pro.

I might change it to an EVGA Supernova G2 to take a look if there is a difference

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

My MSI GTX 970 runs at 8010mhz memory. My OC with boost reaches (GPU) 1470's MHz . It's set for the 1500's MHz but I have yet to see it reach that speed in MSI Afterburner. I has been rock solid stable. I turned the power up to 110% without turning up the voltage. You should check your OC's to see how high your GPU speed reaches. In Afterburner I am somewhere around +155. My max temps with 110% power reach 65C. My max speed on my fan has been 94%.

I just got the GTX 970 yesterday so it will take me a week or two to find a stable and consistent OC.

hey guys wheres the msi 970 4g bios, i can get mine on stock to 1554mhz  stable, +200 core and +500 memory but wanna try get it to 1600mhz, id do it myself but theres so many numbers to change that im confused.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

attachicon.gifUntitled2.png

did you overclock it ? If so reset clock speeds, if worst comes to worst reinstall your os (I had to do that like three times fucking annoying went through three legitimate windows keys)

the 970 has this ugly issue with overclocking too high, it is related to the pm0 settings were the card power level fluctuates, what you have to do is either flash custom bios setting the pm0 to 100% power use or use afterburner and set it to use full power draw all the time.

this and the 3.5 vram  makes this card a bit worse then my 760ti,m yeah it is way more powerful and actually consumes less power, but  the 970's issue are pretty annoying 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

They straight up don't respond to any queries from my phone number (mobile and home) or anything from my ip adress (I tried contacting them from an internet cafe, as soon as the amount of RMA's was mentioned they hang up).

There should be some kind of "consumer protector thing" in your country, Gigabyte is fooling you and that's unfair, try again.

Hey @Gofspar, since you're an expert in 970's... Does memory OC improve performance that much?

I achieved 1565 Core and 1966 Memory (3933 Effective) stock voltage and BIOS

It seems that I got a crappy Samsung memory, it artifacts at 2000Mhz :(

Any tips for memory OC or I should leave it like that?

How do you go about controlling/changing the LED on the MSI gtx 970 gaming 100ME edition?

5820K | Asrock X99 Extreme 4 | 32GB G.skill ripjaws 2400mhz | MSI Gtx 970 gaming 100ME | GTX 750 TI (physX) 

Noctua NH-d15 | Enthoo Pro series | SSD | CS650M | Lots of fans

How do you go about controlling/changing the LED on the MSI gtx 970 gaming 100ME edition?

Download EVGA LED controller

i have a new Card now.
Fun fact: It has Samsung RAM as rev 1.1 (i didnt know that this is even possible)

http://www11.pic-upload.de/05.06.15/oop129wock2p.jpg

and got luck with asic its 71,9%  ;))