GTX 970 Owners Club

Nope, that's what I was asking with my original post.

Oh okay, I thought you had flashed a bios.  We don't have one here for you to use, but overclock.net has a lot of information on doing it as well.  I'm not sure how much is moddable with a strix with the BIOS, like I think the power limit is hardlocked.

Oh okay, I thought you had flashed a bios.  We don't have one here for you to use, but overclock.net has a lot of information on doing it as well.  I'm not sure how much is moddable with a strix with the BIOS, like I think the power limit is hardlocked.

Alright, I'll take a look around. Thanks :)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Alright, I'll take a look around. Thanks :)

Wait for Strix?

I don't know if its hardlocked, nobody has came to me with the endurance to let me do some R&D on the card.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Wait for Strix?

I don't know if its hardlocked, nobody has came to me with the endurance to let me do some R&D on the card.

Yep, for my Strix card.

What exactly would the testing entail, and what would the possible risk be?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yep, for my Strix card.

What exactly would the testing entail, and what would the possible risk be?

Since all 970's have the same voltage controller (NCP81174) it'll come down to TDP tables and to see if its hardware locked from TDP table changes.

Hi, so i edited the extracted bios of my card to this:

(1.3v Gigabyte G1)

I didnt changed the fancontroller settings, can anyone please double/tripple check if i have done it right? I couldnt set everything to the exact same values.. i choosed to take the values right below the settings from the 1.3v file. I hope i didnt missed anything. 

greetings
John

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Hi, so i edited the extracted bios of my card to this:

(1.3v Gigabyte G1)

I didnt changed the fancontroller settings, can anyone please double/tripple check if i have done it right? I couldnt set everything to the exact same values.. i choosed to take the values right below the settings from the 1.3v file. I hope i didnt missed anything. 

greetings
John

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bWPCis6PSZM0xrOGZLaWZrRU0/view?usp=sharing

Anyone else get only 150-300 fps on csgo with their 970?

WoW, thank you very much Gofspar. I dont know exactly how you have done this my MBT wont accept this voltage numbers and i dont know the reason. ;) So i have 1 question left, it doesnt matter if my card has hynix ram when i want to use this am i right?

Anyone else get only 150-300 fps on csgo with their 970?

yes on max settings without doing anything on my card im getting 200-250fps, but as i read there is a natural fps limiter to 250fps which can be set off. by typing fps_max 0 in your console.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

WoW, thank you very much Gofspar. I dont know exactly how you have done this my MBT wont accept this voltage numbers and i dont know the reason. ;) So i have 1 question left, it doesnt matter if my card has hynix ram when i want to use this am i right?

yes on max settings without doing anything on my card im getting 200-250fps, but as i read there is a natural fps limiter to 250fps which can be set off. by typing fps_max 0 in your console.

nope, memory doesn't matter

well.. im new to the whole boostclock technology story stuff.. but i noticed while playing my boostclocks are often unstable. Like this:

http://www11.pic-upload.de/15.05.15/4zd3qaohbmh.jpg (was trying a 1500mhz boostclock setting while playing cs:go)

Is this just normal or can this be fixed?

sure why not.

well.. im new to the whole boostclock technology story stuff.. but i noticed while playing my boostclocks are often unstable. Like this:

http://www11.pic-upload.de/15.05.15/4zd3qaohbmh.jpg (was trying a 1500mhz boostclock setting while playing cs:go)

Is this just normal or can this be fixed?

like they bounce around, thats GPU boost doing its job. it slows your GPU down when its not very intensive.

ok, good to know that i dont have to worry.. 

damn i should had bought some more games instead of buying the card and a new monitor at the same time >.< need something more grafic intense ...well i might install crysis warhead for stress testing and stuff...

but until now 1500mhz boost seems to be pretty much solid.. i ran furmark @ 69°/70°C with it...

first i was shocked before testing because my asic quality is only 64% ..

but the core oc goes up and up and up

havent done huge ram testing for now..

but i have a really good feeling about the core clock

Just got me one of the 100 million edition gtx 970's. Last one in the store :( got another on order from ncix though! im floored by the overclocking.+550 on the memory and +230 on the core for a boost of 1529mhz with no voltage adjustments, Hovers around 65 degrees playing the witcher 2 @ 1080p G-Sync (caps at 144fps) Been playing for the past 6 hours with no stability issues at all.

Just got me one of the 100 million edition gtx 970's. Last one in the store :( got another on order from ncix though! im floored by the overclocking.+550 on the memory and +230 on the core for a boost of 1529mhz with no voltage adjustments, Hovers around 65 degrees playing the witcher 2 @ 1080p G-Sync (caps at 144fps) Been playing for the past 6 hours with no stability issues at all.

nice!

When are you going to voltage mod it? :3

nice!

When are you going to voltage mod it? :3

Ordering up water blocks next friday, then the voltage adventures begin :)

Ordering up water blocks next friday, then the voltage adventures begin :)

Am I going to have the pleasure of doing the mods or will you do it?

Am I going to have the pleasure of doing the mods or will you do it?

Ill send it your way most likely, as it is im enjoying it. Might try the msi afterburner over volting and see where it takes me until then. ive heard it doesnt seem to actually add voltage to the card though

Ill send it your way most likely, as it is im enjoying it. Might try the msi afterburner over volting and see where it takes me until then. ive heard it doesnt seem to actually add voltage to the card though

softmods dont work on maxwell since the voltage controller is hardware based for maxwell.

softmods dont work on maxwell since the voltage controller is hardware based for maxwell.

Interesting, I noticed if you crank the voltage in afterburner your clock speed goes up but voltage reads the same. Either im reading something wrong which i find unlikely but you never know or afterburner causes some odd behavior. Either way this card gets some massive overclocks for how low the temps remain. Even with the fans at max its a really quite card, im very impressed by it so far

Anyone else tired running triple monitor surround on a single 970, or is it just me?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs