GTX 970 Owners Club

Well you said you had the same rev board and same type of memory.

So it should be about the same tho.

I hear lots of people having that problem with the MSI cards.

Hence you almost see no bios for those laying around (modded versions).

The only reason I use a modded over stock is stopping the throttleing what the stock does if you OC.

The only thing I heard that worked tho, was shorting 2 things on the card itself, wich removed the TDP Limit.

Well you said you had the same rev board and same type of memory.

So it should be about the same tho.

I hear lots of people having that problem with the MSI cards.

Hence you almost see no bios for those laying around (modded versions).

The only reason I use a modded over stock is stopping the throttleing what the stock does if you OC.

The only thing I heard that worked tho, was shorting 2 things on the card itself, wich removed the TDP Limit.

fair enough, in future i will not bother with msi cards if thats what they do to stop people pushing them further.

think my next gpu will be a 980ti and probably the g1 gaming.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

If i knew beforehand. Then Yeah i wouldnt bought it either. But i already have it 6 months

If i knew beforehand. Then Yeah i wouldnt bought it either. But i already have it 6 months

yeah i bought it in january.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

you lucky lucky guy -_- youre best of trying 3dmark firestrike too though.

I did Unigine Heaven

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Well, I finally got my 970 G1 Gaming on Friday, but I was staying at my parents' this weekend and my father picked me up only half an hour after the thing arrived, so I didn't have a chance to see the thing in action until today. It really is a fine specimen though, and worth the wait, turbo boosting up to 1519Mhz on stock clocks at not-entirely-low ambient temperatures (albeit without the side panel installed), and having only a minute amount of coil whine.

I ran some benchmarks on both my old 560Ti and my new 970 to see how much of an improvement I've made, and while you might say that comparing a 560Ti to a 970 is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel, it did give me a good idea on how much I've improved in the graphics department. I ran Valley at Ultra with 8xAA on both my monitors, thus effectively running it at 2880x900, and the 970 gets about double the score of the 560Ti, 1168 against 677. Average FPS was only 27.9 on the 970, but then I was running it at twice the resolution that I would actually run games, so I should still be fine. As if that wasn't enough, the 970 also ran a full twenty degrees cooler than the 560Ti...

The best part is that these figures were attained with the bottleneck of running a 970 from a Phenom II X6 1055T, so when I upgrade to Zen next year, they should improve even further.

I am very happy!

EDIT: I just checked with GPU-Z, and I've even got the better Samsung memory instead of the Hynix stuff. Unless I suddenly have a girlfriend tomorrow, I don't think my life is going to get better anytime soon...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Well, I finally got my 970 G1 Gaming on Friday, but I was staying at my parents' this weekend and my father picked me up only half an hour after the thing arrived, so I didn't have a chance to see the thing in action until today. It really is a fine specimen though, and worth the wait, turbo boosting up to 1519Mhz on stock clocks at not-entirely-low ambient temperatures (albeit without the side panel installed), and having only a minute amount of coil whine.

I ran some benchmarks on both my old 560Ti and my new 970 to see how much of an improvement I've made, and while you might say that comparing a 560Ti to a 970 is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel, it did give me a good idea on how much I've improved in the graphics department. I ran Valley at Ultra with 8xAA on both my monitors, thus effectively running it at 2880x900, and the 970 gets about double the score of the 560Ti, 1168 against 677. Average FPS was only 27.9 on the 970, but then I was running it at twice the resolution that I would actually run games, so I should still be fine. As if that wasn't enough, the 970 also ran a full twenty degrees cooler than the 560Ti...

The best part is that these figures were attained with the bottleneck of running a 970 from a Phenom II X6 1055T, so when I upgrade to Zen next year, they should improve even further.

I am very happy!

EDIT: I just checked with GPU-Z, and I've even got the better Samsung memory instead of the Hynix stuff. Unless I suddenly have a girlfriend tomorrow, I don't think my life is going to get better anytime soon...

Holy crap! You are very lucky to get a late model G1 Gaming that doesn't have Hynix, you probably have the same batch number as I did and with that being said It'll probably be a 1600mhz card @ 1.3v. You won the silicon lottery my friend!

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Holy crap! You are very lucky to get a late model G1 Gaming that doesn't have Hynix, you probably have the same batch number as I did and with that being said It'll probably be a 1600mhz card @ 1.3v. You won the silicon lottery my friend!

Means a lot to hear that from you, mate...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

The Power LED on my ASUS Strix 970 is a pain in the ASS! Looks like a freakin light house, worst part is, can't turn the damn thing off cause its a power LED. So YAY I plugged my 8-pin Power connector in properly, Congratulations for me! Now to be annoyed endlessly by this stupid little LED.

same it pisses me off I just put a tiny bit of blue tack over the led and yay no more led

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

same it pisses me off I just put a tiny bit of blue tack over the led and yay no more led

My friend put some blue sharpie on his and now it's purple, looks really cool.

I don't remember if I posted this, but my famed GTX 970 G1 Gaming has been sold another overclocker who is willing to put it under water. but on the bright side, I now how a GTX 980 Classified (2988 revision) that is pretty damn golden. 1570 on stock volts so im happy. :)

I don't remember if I posted this, but my famed GTX 970 G1 Gaming has been sold another overclocker who is willing to put it under water. but on the bright side, I now how a GTX 980 Classified (2988 revision) that is pretty damn golden. 1570 on stock volts so im happy. :)

I did something similar, got a 980ti classified, because I'm giving my friend my 970 and he's getting another one from another friend and he's SLIing both of them.  I'll post how he fares with that.

Still have Hynix memory though on this Classy god damnit.

My friend put some blue sharpie on his and now it's purple, looks really cool.

wow nice i mite get some red sharpie 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Hey Gofspar, do you think you can make me a custom evga 970 ftw bios? Im REAL new to custom bios' and extra voltage + tdp so could you treat my supple body gently

Just ordered my Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming!!!! Will be here Tuesday morning super excited! Finally part of the club if u will let me in ;)

Looking to do some mental OC's if I get a good card (fingers crossed) I will post a pic when I get it all installed :P

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Hey Gofspar, do you think you can make me a custom evga 970 ftw bios? Im REAL new to custom bios' and extra voltage + tdp so could you treat my supple body gently

Need to tag there name like this m8

@Gofspar

Then they will see it ;)

Welcome to the forums BTW

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Just ordered my Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming!!!! Will be here Tuesday morning super excited! Finally part of the club if u will let me in ;)

Looking to do some mental OC's if I get a good card (fingers crossed) I will post a pic when I get it all installed :P

Everyone is able to get mental overclocks with their GTX 970 G1 Gaming except me, so you should be fine. (I hope like hell an i7 4790K + Asus Sabertooth Z97 MKII helps with that particular problem).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Everyone is able to get mental overclocks with their GTX 970 G1 Gaming except me, so you should be fine. (I hope like hell an i7 4790K + Asus Sabertooth Z97 MKII helps with that particular problem).

Well I can tell you that the 4790k KICKS ASS and z97 makes is super easy to OC CPU's and they are very good at voltage control so should help u out with PCIE stability as well!!! Have u got a decent PSU? that makes a massive difference! 

Oh and you could RMA it as well

my 970 is a dud, it will go to 1554mhz stable on default bios and if i try to oc it  any higher even with a custom bios it wont,  hynix is crap.

my 970 is a dud, it will go to 1554mhz stable on default bios and if i try to oc it  any higher even with a custom bios it wont,  hynix is crap.

Hynix only restricts memory( although some can OC their Hynix memory pretty good ).

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

Hynix only restricts memory( although some can OC their Hynix memory pretty good ).

I know it does mate but samsung cards also generally oc better on the core from what I've seen.

Well I can tell you that the 4790k KICKS ASS and z97 makes is super easy to OC CPU's and they are very good at voltage control so should help u out with PCIE stability as well!!! Have u got a decent PSU? that makes a massive difference! 

Oh and you could RMA it as well

I've only got the Corsair VS650 and CX850M to choose between-and I know for a fact that there are voltage stability issues because both PSU have fried some old HDD of mine (luckily they weren't the rare ones). As for the RMA-I've tried that many times with the same results that I've just given up. As long as the card doesn't lock up when I'm in the middle of playing a game I'll be fine with it (even at stock its unstable as all hell).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

This is the best stable OC I can get with my Gigabyte G1. And I've got Samsung memory :D

Voltages are still at Stock. No BIOS mods at all.

Core set to 1520Mhz GPU Boost 2.0 takes it up to 1583Mhz

Memory sitting at 8002Mhz.   That is the limit I have found. Anymore Core or Memory just wont work.

Firestrike score of 11298. Linked below.

20150811_104153.jpg

20150811_110450.jpg

And my Unigine Valley score

Valley%208AA.jpg

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5678073

14k gpu score, gimme, highest I can get is 13.6k :(, I'm going to be going sli later this year,so It doesn't really matter too much now because I won't oc them much when I have two.

This is the best stable OC I can get with my Gigabyte G1. And I've got Samsung memory :D

Voltages are still at Stock. No BIOS mods at all.

Core set to 1520Mhz GPU Boost 2.0 takes it up to 1583Mhz

Memory sitting at 8002Mhz.   That is the limit I have found. Anymore Core or Memory just wont work.

Firestrike score of 11298. Linked below.

20150811_104153.jpg

20150811_110450.jpg

And my Unigine Valley score

Valley%208AA.jpg

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5678073

hammer it with 1.3v