GTX 970 Owners Club

I do have your 1.3v bios sitting in My Documents @Gofspar all ready to go.

But I've been working on to see what's the highest on stock I can go.

And that is it. 1583Mhz on the core.   Gearing up to go full 1.3v

This is the best stable OC I can get with my Gigabyte G1. And I've got Samsung memory :D

Voltages are still at Stock. No BIOS mods at all.

Core set to 1520Mhz GPU Boost 2.0 takes it up to 1583Mhz

Memory sitting at 8002Mhz.   That is the limit I have found. Anymore Core or Memory just wont work.

Firestrike score of 11298. Linked below.

And my Unigine Valley score

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5678073

No way that's stable at stock voltage. Did you try it in games?

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Hi.. I have the MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB..

Without raising voltage I made +220 on core .. no overclock on memory (Hynix memory.. bad luck).. 

Do you guys think that if I put +87mV.. It will be a risk??.. could it help me overclock memory?

I have an MSI Mpower MAX AC Z97 mobo.. it has an extra PCI connector on the motherboard to stabilize the video cards...

Thanks

I've got my 4690k at 4.6Ghz & G1 Gaming set in Afterburner at 1520mhz which boosts to 1583mhz & memory set to 8000mhz.

Stable while doing Valley benchmark & 3D Mark Firestrike. Totally stable

Temps on CPU get up to 60-62c idles at 30c & on the GPU 52 MAX idles 28c

Games I have played while on those settings are.  Also those overclocks I leave 24/7

GTA V,  COD Modern Warfare 2, Witcher 3. Plays smooth with no stutters of drop outs..

I also play Dirt 3, F1 2015 & Assetto Corsa. But those don't tax the system as much as the others.

Afterburner settings.

Afterburner.jpg

My System. Not the best pic of it though.

20150703_195941.jpg

Well I think I've hit the nail on the head, my GTX 970 G1 is extremely sensitive to the voltage supplied through the PCIe slot. Since moving it back to my P5Q Deluxe the crashes are more frequent, so hopefully my new motherboard for my i7 will help.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

@Gofspar

I only want a bios with increased power limit with my stock card voltage. Is there any way to do that? My graphic card is GTX 970 G1 Gaming from Gigabyte.

Thank you very much!

@Gofspar

I only want a bios with increased power limit with my stock card voltage. Is there any way to do that? My graphic card is GTX 970 G1 Gaming from Gigabyte.

Thank you very much!

1.262v is the stock voltage. flash that one.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

1.262v is the stock voltage. flash that one.

But MSI Afterburner, GPU-z and other monitoring software report 1.2180V and that should be the stock voltage?

Well I think I've hit the nail on the head, my GTX 970 G1 is extremely sensitive to the voltage supplied through the PCIe slot. Since moving it back to my P5Q Deluxe the crashes are more frequent, so hopefully my new motherboard for my i7 will help.

Try shorting shunt resistor that's located above PCI-E slot, that might help.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

My System. Not the best pic of it though.

Did you cut the overhang off the backplate there? :(

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Hi.. I have the MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB..

Without raising voltage I made +220 on core .. no overclock on memory (Hynix memory.. bad luck).. 

Do you guys think that if I put +87mV.. It will be a risk??.. could it help me overclock memory?

I have an MSI Mpower MAX AC Z97 mobo.. it has an extra PCI connector on the motherboard to stabilize the video cards...

Thanks

+87 will just keep giving you driver display error, did for me, +220 on the core is good for an msi card, i can only get about +200, i too have hynix and its shite.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

+87 will just keep giving you driver display error, did for me, +220 on the core is good for an msi card, i can only get about +200, i too have hynix and its shite.

voltage scaling is completely dependent on silicon lottery, my 980 Classified scales nicely with voltage 1.262 to 1.3v is about 20mhz. whereas on my 970 1.212 to 1.3v did nothing.

But MSI Afterburner, GPU-z and other monitoring software report 1.2180V and that should be the stock voltage?

1.262v is the stock voltage limit on the bios. 1.262v is the sweet spot for voltage on maxwell.

1.262v is the stock voltage limit on the bios. 1.262v is the sweet spot for voltage on maxwell.

Thank you! There is no way to stay on 1.2180V and only increase TDP limit? Thanks very much.

has nvidia done something with the 970 in the latest update?

im asking because my Vram would normally cap out at 3500 or so MB but now its using the full 4GB is this because i started playing in 4K 

before update 

jBhpf.png

after update jBh8z.png

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Hi.. You have a rig almost like mine...

There is something rare happening... I have set +210 to core.. +25mv voltage...

I played almost 2 hours battlefield hardline on ultra with dsr (full hd x2) and it worked fine.. 0 artifacts...

But then I put 3d mark... It fails in the final test and some artifacts appeared during the rest...

What it could be? Any other way of testing?? I tried occt also.. Msi afterburner..

Do I keep these oc? Increase voltage or decrease oc?..

Thanks!!!

has nvidia done something with the 970 in the latest update?

im asking because my Vram would normally cap out at 3500 or so MB but now its using the full 4GB is this because i started playing in 4K 

before update 

jBhpf.png

after update jBh8z.png

Turn off pagefile

Turn off pagefile

page file im talking about Vram not RAM 

PC PART PICKER

page file im talking about Vram not RAM 

I know. Turn off pagefile then monitor your vram usage ;)

OP Do you have a BIOS for the Asus Strix GTX970?

I would like to try it.

Since this week I am using an 4K (Dell P2715Q) in combination with (see specs in signature).

I need some performance to game on 4K :P

What would you recommend with the Asus Strix.. ? :)

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

I know. Turn off pagefile then monitor your vram usage ;)

ok nothing changed also i didn't change anything to make the Vram go higher sense last time  :huh:

PC PART PICKER

That's not crazy by any stretch of the imagination. I can get 1582 mhz on stock voltage and that's been stable gaming for about 2 months now.

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

Try shorting shunt resistor that's located above PCI-E slot, that might help.

Is there a chance that I might damage the motherboard?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

nope.

I'll upload a picture of that specific shunt resistor later. BTW CLU is great for this task.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M