GTX 970 Owners Club

No matter if my card have hynx or samsung memory, I can flash bios provided in first post?

No matter if my card have hynx or samsung memory, I can flash bios provided in first post?

You do not flash a BIOS from OP, but copy settings from one of them to your own BIOS which you extract from your card.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

@Gofspar

Because of temperatures, is there any Bios with increased Power Limit and stock voltage 1.21V for G1?

@

NQt8jLR.jpg

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

It looks like there's a fly just chilling on the resistor.

@Gofspar

Because of temperatures, is there any Bios with increased Power Limit and stock voltage 1.21V for G1?

If your card gets hot running 1.262v you need new TIM, with that bios I was playing bf4 around 61c.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

It looks like there's a fly just chilling on the resistor.

Yeah there is :D, I didn't notice this before.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb

If your card gets hot running 1.262v you need new TIM, with that bios I was playing bf4 around 61c.

How much with power limit should I go? 

Yeah there is :D, I didn't notice this before.

Just make sure not to let one sneak into the telepod with you.

*sigh* My G1 Gaming still whines badly when playing games, but the overclock is stable now. What does shorting the resistor above the PCIe connector do exactly BTW?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Is there any chance to make bios with stock 1.2180V with increased Power Limit, because I have high temperature in Witcher 3 with 1.262V bios.

@Gofspar please tell me, I will be grateful.

Is there any chance to make bios with stock 1.2180V with increased Power Limit, because I have high temperature in Witcher 3 with 1.262V bios.

what temps, if its breaking 75c you need new thermal paste.

my 3770k blew up so im on a chromebook, cant make bios's atm

I can edit the bios for you if you want. Just upload it and tell me how much W you want. 

I don't think a new thermal paste would help. 970 G1 at 1.262 will be pulling as much as a 980 or a 290X and the heatsink is really thin compared to what 980's and 290X's have. I've been running 1.262 for a while now with fan speed at 80-85% and the temps go up to 80 C. Heatpipes, heatsink, backplate, basically the whole card gets hot as hell, I can barely touch it. So it seems like the issue is not that the heat isn't being moved away from the GPU and spread across the heatsink and heatpipes, but the fact that the cooling is just not enough for 1580 MHz at 1.262.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

I can edit the bios for you if you want. Just upload it and tell me how much W you want. 

I don't think a new thermal paste would help. 970 G1 at 1.262 will be pulling as much as a 980 or a 290X and the heatsink is really thin compared to what 980's and 290X's have. I've been running 1.262 for a while now with fan speed at 80-85% and the temps go up to 80 C. Heatpipes, heatsink, backplate, basically the whole card gets hot as hell, I can barely touch it. So it seems like the issue is not that the heat is not moved away from the GPU and spread across the heatsink and heatpipes, but the fact that the cooling is just not enough for 1580 MHz at 1.262.

M8, I literally wouldn't break 67c with NT-H1. 1.262v is nothing on maxwell, it will barely draws 250w at 1.262v..

M8, I literally wouldn't break 67c with NT-H1. 1.262v is nothing on maxwell, it will barely draws 250w at 1.262v..

Yeah but I don't think 970's are meant to draw 250, at least not with stock coolers. Even cards like the G1, that have 250W TDP, GPU Boost 2.0 throttles the GPU as soon as it hits mid 60's on the temps and so basically on stock you wouldn't come anywhere near 250W at 60+ C, which is how the card cools itself down. Looking at my 290X, which draws the same amount of power as my 970 at 1.262, its heatsink is twice the size. 

You must have excellent case ventilation and really low room temperature. My room temp is 28-29 C. 

my 3770k blew up so im on a chromebook, cant make bios's atm

OK, please don't forget to make that bios for us. Thank you. How much time you would be on chromebook?

Yes, it breaks 75c really quick. Friend also have G1 and breaks 81C. My pc case is Cooler Master HAF 922 with 3x 230mm fans, and 2x high performance 120mm fans.

OK, please don't forget to make that bios for us. Thank you. How much time you would be on chromebook?

Yes, it breaks 75c really quick. Friend also have G1 and breaks 81C. My pc case is Cooler Master HAF 922 with 3x 230mm fans, and 2x high performance 120mm fans.

My G1 Gaming when I got it had really bad paste, I had to use a damn toothpick to get it off.

these cards come with bad thermal paste and its a known issue.

my G1 Gaming with NT-H1 on it didn't break 67c at that voltage.

@Lays also owned two of these cards and after new paste didn't get anywhere near those temps. you both have the same batch of cards that I had. Really bad paste was used. Trust me on this man.. at this point im the G1 Gaming guru. /j

*sigh* My G1 Gaming still whines badly when playing games, but the overclock is stable now. What does shorting the resistor above the PCIe connector do exactly BTW?

http://overclocking.guide/increase-the-nvidia-power-limit-all-cards/

Ah....so that explains the reliability voltage in GPU-Z. Well its done (penciled over the resistor completely-that way I can undo it).

Edit: Should I go for broke and do the other 2 shunt resistors? (BTW, I checked the resistance with my multimeter, the resistance is a lot lower with graphite).

PMSL

Edit: Should I go for broke and do the other 2 shunt resistors? (BTW, I checked the resistance with my multimeter, the resistance is a lot lower with graphite).

Do it only if you hit power limit or if card is still unstable, otherwise it won`t change a thing.

Do it only if you hit power limit or if card is still unstable, otherwise it won`t change a thing.

I'm hoping to get rid of the coil whine, its getting worse every 3-4 hours of gameplay.

PMSL

Are there any BIOS for the MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5T OC (this has the same PCB as the GAMING) PCB rev1.1 with the Hynix memory? My card never reached 1.262v even though i have increased the voltages by +75mV offset (trying to find a stable voltage for 1566/8000).

NEED X58 BOARD WITH SATA3 ASAP

I'm hoping to get rid of the coil whine, its getting worse every 3-4 hours of gameplay.

If coil whine is present when a game has like 200+fps, then turn on v-sync. I doubt that shorting those resistors will help, but you can give it a try, it won`t harm your GPU.