GTX 970 Owners Club

I have an MSI GTX 970. The OP doesn't have a bios mod for MSI 970's. 

I installed my MSI Gaming 4G 970 to test it out, and I really like how it performed. It runs stable at 1500mhz/8000mhz, Im gonna try out the second one I have in SLI and possibly keep this setup for now. 

DAMMIT, why didnt anyone tell me Nvidia cards dont to mixed resolutions in Nvidia surround!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

I have an MSI GTX 970. The OP doesn't have a bios mod for MSI 970's. 

No one is willing to let me test, I know they are TDP locked tho.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Does anyone know which GTX 970 is quietest?

I've got a GeForce 970, but I have not yet OCd it. Might swap for a 980 Ti soon though....

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Does anyone know which GTX 970 is quietest?

I can't hear my Windforce G1 Gaming card at all, and its FORCED to have a min fan speed of 34%.

At load, it gets to 60'ish %, and still inaudible (its located left , behind my left monitor, pretty close by)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Hm, I've heard that the Windforce is the loudest out of all of them. I'll research more before i make a decision on which one to get.

Hm, I've heard that the Windforce is the loudest out of all of them. I'll research more before i make a decision on which one to get.

If you leave it at stock it'll make no noise

the other cards blow for overclocking.

I can't hear my Windforce G1 Gaming card at all, and its FORCED to have a min fan speed of 34%.

At load, it gets to 60'ish %, and still inaudible (its located left , behind my left monitor, pretty close by)

You managed to get an inaudible G1 Gaming? Dafaq? Mine is far from quiet, and the same cooler on the 980ti G1 is even worse.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

My reference cannot be heard over my 800RPM FD R2 fans.

Hits 32% fan at max load in a warm room.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

If you have 760 SLI and expect a 970 to equal the SLI 760? The 760 is pretty equal in power to a 7950. I cannot imagine anybody thinking a 7950 in crossfire would be equal to a 970. 760 SLI would be at or above a 980 and probably a 980ti in benchmark performance. Real world SLI performance varies from game to game. 

I am getting only 11,700 in Firestrike. My Hynix memory can go as high as +600. My GPU can do over 1500mhz with no artifacts but the card crashes in games. It seems to run best in the mid to high 1400's. Usually around 1470mhz on the GPU. It seems that most people get either good OCing GPU or VRAM but never both. 

Are any of you overvolting the card itself? I simply have been Ocing using hte +10% power in MSI afterburner. I have seen an EVGA OC utility that does +25% on the power. 

I said 25% reduction in power is what I was expecting. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

@Gofspar- Any interest in having a look at my bios, I'm in sli under water with full cover ekwb blocks (Palit Jetstream) in a VGA dedicated loop with 360mm rad temps never go over 48C MAX, (normal gaming is 42C)

Did my own bios before finding this thread and have voltage at 1.275 and can't get stable oc in sli over 1583mhz core and 2000mhz mem, with just one card I can hit 1623mhz core and 2000mhz mem.

Should I go for 1.3v and push for more? I have one card at ASIC 87.6% and one at 68.7%

Also I noticed in your custom bios at the power tab that you modify the first set of numbers at the top of the table...what are these? When I modded the power I just did the two 6-pins to 115W and the total up to 305W. Also IF the the standard 100% value is the same as the MAX value the cards crash, I always have to set the standard at 1% lower than max to avoid this, would you know why that is?

all the best

MY RIG- I call it the millennium falcon “she doesn’t look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid”

CoolerMaster HAFX, ASUS Maximus Ranger vii, Intel i-5 4690k @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Reference GTX1080, 480GB SSD, Corsair RM850W. . Cooling- Corsair H60 w Noctua NF-F12, EK DBay res/pump combo, EK-FC1080FE block, 360mm radiator, 3x Noctua industrial 2000rpm fans. . Displays- LGOLED55B7V, ACER KG241. Peripherals- Corsair M65, Roccat RYOS MK-PRO, Logitech G633, Logitech G920

link to my bios if your interested

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-Nz1L7y2ABOflhZRG5EVUF6T2RrcDZiYldzS3Z3cmFudjNkNl9yUDBIaFdNbmpoUWUzeFU&usp=sharing

1.275 is the one I am using and 1.3 is one I just made that hasn't been flashed yet

MY RIG- I call it the millennium falcon “she doesn’t look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid”

CoolerMaster HAFX, ASUS Maximus Ranger vii, Intel i-5 4690k @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Reference GTX1080, 480GB SSD, Corsair RM850W. . Cooling- Corsair H60 w Noctua NF-F12, EK DBay res/pump combo, EK-FC1080FE block, 360mm radiator, 3x Noctua industrial 2000rpm fans. . Displays- LGOLED55B7V, ACER KG241. Peripherals- Corsair M65, Roccat RYOS MK-PRO, Logitech G633, Logitech G920

This is my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming.

I have put the EK water block on it this afternoon & done a couple of quick test.

All have been done on stock voltages, running 3DMark Firestrike

STOCK

Stock.jpg

Overclocked

OC%201480.jpg

OC%201480.1.jpg

My System with the GTX 680 instead of the 970. Thou it looks pretty much the same. Thou the inlet water no come in from below on the block

DSCF6503.jpg

Cheers

This is my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming.

I have put the EK water block on it this afternoon & done a couple of quick test.

All have been done on stock voltages, running 3DMark Firestrike

STOCK

Stock.jpg

Overclocked

OC%201480.jpg

OC%201480.1.jpg

My System with the GTX 680 instead of the 970. Thou it looks pretty much the same. Thou the inlet water no come in from below on the block

DSCF6503.jpg

Cheers

thats really nice! thats begging for a massive overclock!, what do you think of the industrial noctuas? at full rpm they are very loud but I find at up to 1300rpm they are still very quiet. they move the air so well!

if you whack the voltages up you could get more out of it

thats really nice! thats begging for a massive overclock!, what do you think of the industrial noctuas? at full rpm they are very loud but I find at up to 1300rpm they are still very quiet. they move the air so well!

I find the Noctua's very quiet indeed. In normal operations I have the fans spinning at around 600rpm. Virtually silent.

Then when in gaming or high cpu load operation I have them up to 950rpm & keeps it cool & still very silent. Temps on cpu & gpu under 50c.

The case is 1/2 meter away from my ears, so it's quite close as well.

Yeah will be trying for higher overclocks when I get some time. Only installed the gpu block this arvo.

Ok, I'm going to see if cleaning my G1 Gaming helps, while I'm at it should I replace the thermal paste with Arctic Silver 5? (its my best thermal compound at the moment).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

@Gofspar- Any interest in having a look at my bios, I'm in sli under water with full cover ekwb blocks (Palit Jetstream) in a VGA dedicated loop with 360mm rad temps never go over 48C MAX, (normal gaming is 42C)

Did my own bios before finding this thread and have voltage at 1.275 and can't get stable oc in sli over 1583mhz core and 2000mhz mem, with just one card I can hit 1623mhz core and 2000mhz mem.

Should I go for 1.3v and push for more? I have one card at ASIC 87.6% and one at 68.7%

Also I noticed in your custom bios at the power tab that you modify the first set of numbers at the top of the table...what are these? When I modded the power I just did the two 6-pins to 115W and the total up to 305W. Also IF the the standard 100% value is the same as the MAX value the cards crash, I always have to set the standard at 1% lower than max to avoid this, would you know why that is?

all the best

go for 1.3v

Ok, I'm going to see if cleaning my G1 Gaming helps, while I'm at it should I replace the thermal paste with Arctic Silver 5? (its my best thermal compound at the moment).

go for it

Has anyone some overclock stats of the MSI GTX 970 4GD5T (OC edition). which is supposed to have worse cooling than the gaming edition ?

Zotac 970 Amp Edition Owner here! not yet overclocked because i reach 70deg even in stock!

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

Zotac 970 Amp Edition Owner here! not yet overclocked because i reach 70deg even in stock!

I hit 64*c stock and my OC only takes me to 73*c, I'm sure you can manage an overclock quite well and still be in a comfy temp zone.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

My g1 970 at 83+mv +175 mhz + 500mhz hits 71c.Doing 3d mark fans dont even turn on.