What Do You Think The Best Game Of 2014 Was

scobie56

I think the best game was Shadow of mordor 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Not sure, didn't play really any of the new releases from 2014.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

depends on what your favourite genre is, mine has recently changed back to racing so its Assetto corsa but i know im the only one of this forum with that opinion

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Destiny

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

New game that I played the most was Dragon Age Inquisition. Other than that, I don't really think any other game hooked me that much

depends on what your favourite genre is, mine has recently changed back to racing so its Assetto corsa but i know im the only one of this forum with that opinion

yh my favorite racing game at the moment is grid auto sport

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Haven't played a lot, but DA: Inquisition looks very good. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

dark souls or dragon age

i havent played many new game this year

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I think Wolfestein The New Order.

Transistor was really awesome tho.

But it's not really that kind of game so...Wolfenstein it is.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Dragon Age Inquisition

Because you finally get to see some tits, 'tis a big improvement over Dragon Age II.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

yh my favorite racing game at the moment is grid auto sport

its a ok game, without mod support however while being on pc it just gonna get ignored by me, people talk about big numbers of cars, grid autosport has around 60 or 70. Granturismo has  around 1300. Forza has around 150. 

Then mods kick in

Assetto corsa: 60ish cars vanilla : 300+ modded cars

Rfactor 2: 30 cars vanilla: 200+ modded cars

Gtr evo: 70 cars vanilla 1000+ modded cars

gtr 2: 100 cars vanilla: 1500+ modded cars

rfactor/stock car extreme: 30 cars vanilla: 15000+ cars modded yes 15k

i like variety. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Dragon Age Inquisition

Because you finally get to see some tits, 'tis a big improvement over Dragon Age II.

seriously, damn i should have brought it. I just finished dragon age 2, not sure if my expectations were low but the game was better then i thought, not amazing but worth the £3 i paid for it.

Listen if you care.

Based on number of hours played, easily dragon age inquisition. Pretty sure I have 200 hours logged on raptr.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

2014 has sucked in terms of games. We got screwed over so many times.

To be honest, I've not really been that hardcore into games until now, when I started playing Bioshock Infinite, and now I really am a believer in the GloriousPCGamingMasterrace. Best game I have ever played, and I'm sure it won't be the last to claim that title. Freaking absurd how good that game feels to play on a 7970. I can't wait to get moar games.

Dying Light was pretty damned enjoyable, if short.

Far Cry 4 was fun as well.

Just going on how much fun I had playing them, nothing else.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

seriously, damn i should have brought it. I just finished dragon age 2, not sure if my expectations were low but the game was better then i thought, not amazing but worth the £3 i paid for it.

Dragon Age II wasn't that bad, but it was a bit dissapointing for a couple things.

My main gripes with it, was the re-use of textures, as most "dungeons" were generic and looked the same. The combat system was a bit clunky and i wasn't keen on it. But overall, it's an enjoyable play.

Also, it's soo hard to pick between Isabella & Merrill. Isabella has a lot of character, plus dat ass + chest. Merrill is cute as hell, and i live that welsh accent. Plus, the banter/party shenanigans is hilarious.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I really enjoyed Battleblock Theater. There's still a lot of games from 2014 I have yet to play though. 

Dying Light was pretty damned enjoyable, if short.

Far Cry 4 was fun as well.

Just going on how much fun I had playing them, nothing else.

Dying light was a 2015 game though :P

But I agree. I honestly would say that it is one of the best games I've played. Gameplay wise that is. Also, it's absolutely beautiful. And the devs for the game are really great too.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.