Titan X hype!

Yes! Finally another card that I can drool over and then realize that I can't afford it!

What are your views on the new addition to the Titan series? Worthless and overpriced, or something you have been looking for?

Edit:

Since the Titan Z had 6Gb vram and was about $1k at launch, what do you think the price range of the Titan X will be?

More edit b/c I'm a twat:

(Regarding the first edit) not the Titan Z, just the Titan

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I'm going to have to hold myself back from buying some. I don't need them.... But I want them. 

Yes! Finally another card that I can drool over and then realize that I can't afford it!

What are your views on the new addition to the Titan series? Worthless and overpriced, or something you have been looking for?

EDIT:

Since the Titan Z had 6Gb vram and was about $1k at launch, what do you think the price range of the Titan X will be?

The Titian Z was $3k you are thinking of the Titan that was $1k.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

A single GPU card that performs better than the previous generation dual GPU card?

The performance is amazing...and if it only costs $1k that would be a lot more performance for the price than the titan and titan black were at launch

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

overpriced they just want to beat amd in the race.

People keep calling them overprice because they look at it as a pure gaming card when in reality it's a Quadro that can play games.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Even though I was thinking of upgrading my GTX 780's I rather get 980ti's if they release instead of a Titan since I only do gaming.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

At that price point it makes 0 sense for gaming... and I don't need a render farm.So I suppose I don't care much about the card ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I want one. 

Or two. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If it sells for around 900$ i will buy one.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

If it sells for around 900$ i will buy one.

you won't get it for $900 CAD at launch. :(

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I think the reference cooler looks badass!  that's about as far as i go as in what i think about it, it will be overpriced like every other titan card.

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

both Nvidia and AMD have their new flagship GPU's in full production and they are itching to launch them. Nvidia figures they can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. reveal their card sooner before they can sell it full scale, double the memory on it, and then sell it for 2 times the price of what they expect to charge when they launch the mainstream flagship GTX card. They don't have enough available yet to sell fullscale, so they put the first batch out as a premium card.

AMD on the other hand love to be the kool-aid man, busting through the wall and surprising everyone at launch time.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR