Asus attacks Apple Watch buyers with flow chart that concludes ‘You are really out of your mind’

CoolaxGaming

I'm gonna fix this hold on

Here

FIXED

As they are right now, smart watches are frivolous stupid things that you buy because it's cool not because you need it. 

Asus's watch is no different. 

I actually have a use for my smartwatch.

In school I cannot take out my phone, but because I am in ASB, I have to be able to read news updates over SMS. (We have a SMS mailing server) 

My Pebble can do that for me.

Also, in the Lab I take lots of pictures, but some chemicals can't have exposed skin near them. So I set up my phone (My Xperia is waterproof) and use my Pebble to operate the shutter.

Useless to some, useful to others...

(Also, any regular watch over $350 is usually because it is a piece of jewelry, which is more useless than a smartwatch) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

lol while I'd agree with the flowchart, and that's almost what I did, the iWatch is utter shit. So is the Zenwatch, but it's cheaper. And doesn't look quite as stupid. 

But if you were considering an iWatch VS a zenwatch, I doubt you were considering the 10k iwatch vs the zenwatch. 

Just like the Macbook air ad, asus is misleading again. 

Not that the new macbook makes any sense over the macbook air with better spec for less.

You don't know that the Apple watch is shit until you've tried it. It has many features I really want on my pebble I know I'm not going to get.

However I also understand what you're point of view is and I also understand that the new MacBook doesn't really make that much sense for the average consumer.

But I see that the new MacBook would make perfect sense for those that require a device with those specific traits, Excellent 10+ hour battery life with the amazing weight and size, that's perfect for travelling. Something that the air doesn't yet match (But it will, I can see it coming). Even my MacBook Pro mid-2012 is a bit on the heavy side and that was really powerful and light for what it was when it came out.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

You don't know that the Apple watch is shit until you've tried it. It has many features I really want on my pebble I know I'm not going to get.

However I also understand what you're point of view is and I also understand that the new MacBook doesn't really make that much sense for the average consumer.

But I see that the new MacBook would make perfect sense for those that require a device with those specific traits, Excellent 10+ hour battery life with the amazing weight and size, that's perfect for travelling. Something that the air doesn't yet match (But it will, I can see it coming). Even my MacBook Pro mid-2012 is a bit on the heavy side and that was really powerful and light for what it was when it came out.

a few mm thicker and that would be some kick ass battery life. I mean it's great already, like apple laptops usually are, but image the batteries they could fit in that thing if it was a bit thicker. 

I totally get why they wouldn't do that though

And now that the macbook is smaller than the macbook air, doesn't that fuck up the branding? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

a few mm thicker and that would be some kick ass battery life. I mean it's great already, like apple laptops usually are, but image the batteries they could fit in that thing if it was a bit thicker. 

I totally get why they wouldn't do that though

And now that the macbook is smaller than the macbook air, doesn't that fuck up the branding? 

I'm actually with you on this one.

Apple needs to stop with the thin shit, but obviously that's what people want. People are wanting thin and light and not battery life otherwise that's what Apple would create. I trust that their technical marketing and research is telling them that customers would rather have a few more hours battery life over a device that's thin and light and you can take more places easier, I should say.

And yeah, but it just proves that they've got another model of MacBook Air coming out this fall to coincide.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

only use I can think of:

a smartwatch is convenient in a workplace where smartphones are prohibited..

thats it from me

This is good the cheapest version here is $499 with the most expensive being $14k. I may of considered the sport if it was $350, personally find the mid tier is ugly AF IMO and the gold one is plain stupid I'd rather spend that money on a Rolex. People are saying the gold one is aimed at the rich but if a rich person was wearing a $10k watch compared to all his mates wearing $50k+ watches how would that look?

probably targeting a different segment of the "rich person" demographic.

I don't understand why Asus is starting to act like Microsoft.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I don't understand why Asus is starting to act like Microsoft.

The surface ads? Yah those were BS

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Its for rich people who spend 10k on a watch like I spend 1.50 on coffee.

Close but it's more specific. It's for the Mark Zuckerbergs of the world: millionaires that got rich quickly one way or another and have no idea on how to spend their money or what class is. Wealthy people would still get jewelry type watches like a Rolex, not a fucking apple toy.

Also: maybe the 8-13 year old sons and daughters of the rich and famous.

-------

Current Rig

-------

probably targeting a different segment of the "rich person" demographic.

Watches have always been a status symbol among the rich.  Besides, Apple doesn't have much going underneath the hood so they might as well try to appeal to a demographic that has money to burn.

I know ASUS is just being silly here, but their point stands.  I've always looked to Apple to drive innovation and design, but instead they keep proving that their innovation never goes further than a fashion statement. Give me functionality and a battery life worth a damn and maybe I'll at least act like I'll buy into the hype... until then, I'll keep my Pebble, thank you.

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

The surface ads? Yah those were BS

This guy gets it :lol:.

Yeah those and probably some Windows 8 ads if I recall correctly.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Yes, don't buy the apple watch, which is probably going to be the best smart watch out there (because that's what apple does). Instead, lets buy this POS asus zen garbage that I wasn't even aware of. Genius. Someone at asus is butthurt. 

Yes, don't buy the apple watch, which is probably going to be the best smart watch out there (because that's what apple does). Instead, lets buy this POS asus zen garbage that I wasn't even aware of. Genius. Someone at asus is butthurt. 

or don't buy a smart watch yet

muh specs 

All parts black

Doesn't really make sense, if you own an iPhone, buying a ZenWatch makes a lot less sense than an Apple Watch.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

Doesn't really make sense, if you own an iPhone, buying a ZenWatch makes a lot less sense than an Apple Watch.

Obviously. If the condition is that you abandon sense (own an iphone) it makes sense to continue to abandon sense (why not an iwatch).

To be honest though, they both look like garbage and will not see a home on my wrist. Maybe a few years from now, though. The original iphone looked like total garbage at the time but now it's almost a usable phone.

Obviously. If the condition is that you abandon sense (own an iphone) it makes sense to continue to abandon sense (why not an iwatch).

To be honest though, they both look like garbage and will not see a home on my wrist. Maybe a few years from now, though. The original iphone looked like total garbage at the time but now it's almost a usable phone.

Yeah it's that second generation of these I'm hoping start to make more sense. 

On the subject of iPhones being trash and their evolution, there's honestly not a big difference between phones nowadays. I like my 6 Plus, but I'd probably be fine using a Note 4. I could honestly get away with using the original HTC One again or even an iPhone 5. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

The consumers are out of their mind. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I love when companies go at each other.  Haha.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

Of course they are insane, but it is their money.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I think what Asus is doing is really immature, I am really disliking their marketing strategies.

I loved what Motorola did with this Moto 360 ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fitF_wljwOo

I have to say that the moto 360 looks better than the zenwatch or iwatch.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

But it's true to a certain extend :)

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/

Asus charges a premium for their stuff too.

no kappa

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

You know what? I hate adverts like this, telling consmers they are stupid and dumb

Well its not OUR fault nobody wants to buy your watch for £10000, just wait till all the footballers and movie stars are buying them and tell me whos the idiot Asus

I bet just the edition version outsells the Zenwatch... 

Cant wait to get my Apple watch now, im going to tweet a photo of it to Asus every day

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii