Sony , No Lollipop For Non-Xperia Z Range

ahhming

yp92tOR.png

This means no Lollipop update for the Xperia C3, E1, E3, M2, M2 Aqua, T2 Ultra and T3. All those smartphones will be left on Android 4.4.4 KitKat (or lower) operating system and won't get lolipop

buy one from the store

I didn't know what to put here...

like they always do. waited for my xperia sp to have kk back then, they actually said it will have an update at first but didn't.

That's why just get a flagship and stop worrying about shit like this.

It's not like Sony's Z line is a ripoff anyway, on the contrary, they areof amazing quality.

My M2 go released in April 2014, and it has an adequate hardware for Lollipop, and they won't release it! We're done Sony (Sorry @conorpiper) but i'm not getting anything that you make ever again! I'd rather get a Samsung Galaxy than your bullshit Sony, and that speaks a lot coming from me!

One of the reasons why i got this phone is so i could eventually get a Lollipop update....

Yes Sony, we're through! Unless by some kind of miracle it turns out that this isn't true (but going by your past record, that's hard to believe), but i doubt that....

Sorry for a double post, but unless someone fixes that quote button that always takes me to a new page, deleting everything i typed out before, i'll continue doing this!!!

That's why just get a flagship and stop worrying about shit like this.

It's not like Sony's Z line is a ripoff anyway, on the contrary, they areof amazing quality.

Not everyone has money for a flagship. Or maybe there're people like me who believe that when you go past certain level it's just wasted money. For my needs i don't need absolutely anything better than M2. Occasional games, reading novels, internet, calling, texting.. Nope, i don't need anything more, and I expected that they release an update for my phone which they didn't. Of course, i also saved quite a bit of money by going with M2 over Z2, and those 300+euros are one monthly pay here. 

That just taught me one thing. Forget about brand loyalty, and get something better for the same money! I have a liking towards Sony, that's what also opted me to get it at the time, but no more Sony

I got a Z2, so yeah me! :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I got a Z2, so yeah me! :D

Yeah, I guess.

But can you tell me btw, what is the difference between the 2 and 3 and why did the 3 get released so fast.

Pretty much one of the only reasons i don't buy Sony phones anymore. Their update support is crap. Even the phones that do get the updates end up having to wait ages before they get it. No wonder Sony's phone division is a flop.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

@coolkingler1 - The difference is very minimal. A slightly better screen and some other extremely minor differences that didn't justify the release of a new model... Sony pretty much fucked up with Z1/2/3... Minimal differences....

Also, fuck with this new quote function! I want old way of quoting back!

@Liam-McShane - This is my first Sony (i had Sony-Ericsson before, but i won't count that) phone, and the last one! They said that M2 would get KK in July... I got mine at the beginning of September... They should really look up to Motorola, since their phones would be near perfect, if they had constant updates :D

OMG the world will end because a cell phone doesn't have Lollipop for people.  FFS these damn cell phones.  Die please DIE!

This stupid news takes up too much time on The WAN Show too.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I have the Z3 so this is not a problem for anyone.

*acting like some dickheads that think something isn't an issue as long as it doesn't affect them*

haha sony peasants.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

download cyanogenmod 12 for it and flash the custom rom

like they always do. waited for my xperia sp to have kk back then, they actually said it will have an update at first but didn't.

Yeah, i have an SP and agree that sony are retards who dont listen to their customers. 

Great phone, still one of the best for gaming, but crappy software 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Yet people still shit on Android like its Google's or the OS's fault.

Of course it is partly their fault, because they decided to give manufacturers the freedom to do this shit. You know, because user experience << market share ...

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Also, fuck with this new quote function! I want old way of quoting back!

Wait, did it change?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

haha sony peasants.

And here we have a case of a typical 10 year old who thinks he's some big, important person because he can talk shit online, while he's a wuss in real life...

download cyanogenmod 12 for it and flash the custom rom

Don't know about the rest, but there's hardly any custom rom, if there is any, for Xperia M2...

Yeah, i have an SP and agree that sony are retards who dont listen to their customers. 

Great phone, still one of the best for gaming, but crappy software 

SP is a great phone :D At the time it was more expensive than my M2, but it looks gorgeous :D My sister's friend has it, and boy does it look good, especially those sides

Wait, did it change?

Well, i typed stuff and when i wanted to quote another member, and i'm used for the quote come down, but now it opened a new page and i lost everything i typed out... I think it's only for us light theme users (no i don't plan on switching to dark theme...)...

XDA going to full of new users. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Well, i typed stuff and when i wanted to quote another member, and i'm used for the quote come down, but now it opened a new page and i lost everything i typed out... I think it's only for us light theme users (no i don't plan on switching to dark theme...)...

I use the default IPboard theme, the new day theme bothers me

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

My M2 go released in April 2014, and it has an adequate hardware for Lollipop, and they won't release it! We're done Sony (Sorry @conorpiper) but i'm not getting anything that you make ever again! I'd rather get a Samsung Galaxy than your bullshit Sony, and that speaks a lot coming from me!

One of the reasons why i got this phone is so i could eventually get a Lollipop update....

Yes Sony, we're through! Unless by some kind of miracle it turns out that this isn't true (but going by your past record, that's hard to believe), but i doubt that....

Camera is just not working but Galaxy freak is good http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-m2/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-developement-t2971213

XDA going to full of new users.

Oh dear, I can imagine it now

Steve

I use the default IPboard theme, the new day theme bothers me

Oh look, it's fixed :D It's not a bad theme, but those banner colours... Oh well, all's well that's well :)

Camera is just not working but Galaxy freak is good http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-m2/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-developement-t2971213

Oh dear, I can imagine it now

I'd like my phone fully working thank you :) Also, i have load of games i'm near completion, and i won't touch my OS before that... 

I will look into that :D