Most anticipated phone in 2015?

LudoTheGreat

So both the Galaxy S6, S6 edge, and HTC One M9 have been announced. All seem very lack luster to me. The S6 edge seems to be the better of the 3, in terms of innovative and leading edge. But Samsung has really destroyed their brand in my eyes the past couple of Galaxy phones. Bloatware, cheap products, etc. Everything else seems kind of meh to me though.

I'm in the market for a new phone, but I am not in a rush. I've been waiting for some more Windows 10 phone announcements as I am considering making the move to that platform, but again they all seem kind of meh. 

So what phones are you guys excited about for 2015? Any rumors, teasers, leaks that you have seen that have perked your interest?

New OnePlus phone and I want to see what Opo will do.

Also looking forward to the M9

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Cheap products? Samsung plastic phones hold up better than the rest. I've started doing phone repairs in my shop and these phones everyone gets a hard on over, are some of the flimsiest made phones. Screw your metal phones, they bend and warp under normal use.

More broken iphones, htc's, lg and sony phones. Seen one samsung and it was a physically broken charger.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Well I'm stoked for the one M9, but not sure if I should jump on the nexus 6 instead as I'll have to wait a month for the one.

Also, I think the new oneplus phone as well as the note 5 and moto x3 will be the most interesting of the year.

The oneplus two as they'll need to try and keep it cheaper than the competition with equivalent specs. Motorola will need to imrove battery capacity and camera quality but they should be capable of that, and the note 5 will of course carry the best specs of the year as it's the last flagship to be released each year.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

New OnePlus phone and I want to see what Opo will do.

Also looking forward to the M9

The OnePlus is out of the question for me, unless they have a Verizon option. Verizon is the only carrier in my area. The M9 just looks meh, not new that makes me want to replace my M8 and the camera is still crap.

Cheap products? Samsung plastic phones hold up better than the rest. I've started doing phone repairs in my shop and these phones everyone gets a hard on over, are some of the flimsiest made phones. Screw your metal phones, they bend and warp under normal use.

More broken iphones, htc's, lg and sony phones. Seen one samsung and it was a physically broken charger.

I've owned each Galaxy phone up until the S5. They are all cheap looking and feeling. There has not been one yet that I thought looked good. All of the hardware becomes outdated and preforms poorly after a generation or two of updates. Just not worth the money for the quality of the hardware in my book. Might as well buy another Moto X.

Well I'm stoked for the one M9, but not sure if I should jump on the nexus 6 instead as I'll have to wait a month for the one.

Also, I think the new oneplus phone as well as the note 5 and moto x3 will be the most interesting of the year.

The oneplus two as they'll need to try and keep it cheaper than the competition with equivalent specs. Motorola will need to imrove battery capacity and camera quality but they should be capable of that, and the note 5 will of course carry the best specs of the year as it's the last flagship to be released each year.

Nexus 6 is not a good phone. The performance issues, build quality and lack of stock makes me not even want to consider it. My wife works for Motorola Mobility, in the executive customer relations department and the Nexus 6 and Turbos are their two phones that have the most problems.

The new Moto X or the rumored Moto X plus I have thought about, but I own 3 different Moto X 2014 and 2 Moto X first gens. None of them are good phones. The latest Moto X is so under powered I have a hard time with it lagging out just trying to flip through the apps window. The next gen stuff will have to be really something for me to consider another Motorola phone. I don't have any problems with the photo quality on the Moto X 2014. It's 1000x better than the M8. The M8's camera is laughable at best. It looks like the M9 is not going to be much better either. If it ends up that the M9 camera issues is just software related I might be getting that until something better comes along. 

I am interested in the Note 5, but I don't want to wait until late in the year for another Note phone. I might consider it once it's released, but I need something to replace what I am using now (I switch between Moto X 2nd gens and the M8).

The OnePlus is out of the question for me, unless they have a Verizon option. Verizon is the only carrier in my area. The M9 just looks meh, not new that makes me want to replace my M8 and the camera is still crap.

I've owned each Galaxy phone up until the S5. They are all cheap looking and feeling. There has not been one yet that I thought looked good. All of the hardware becomes outdated and preforms poorly after a generation or two of updates. Just not worth the money for the quality of the hardware in my book. Might as well buy another Moto X.

Nexus 6 is not a good phone. The performance issues, build quality and lack of stock makes me not even want to consider it. My wife works for Motorola Mobility, in the executive customer relations department and the Nexus 6 and Turbos are their two phones that have the most problems.

The new Moto X or the rumored Moto X plus I have thought about, but I own 3 different Moto X 2014 and 2 Moto X first gens. None of them are good phones. The latest Moto X is so under powered I have a hard time with it lagging out just trying to flip through the apps window. The next gen stuff will have to be really something for me to consider another Motorola phone. I don't have any problems with the photo quality on the Moto X 2014. It's 1000x better than the M8. The M8's camera is laughable at best. It looks like the M9 is not going to be much better either. If it ends up that the M9 camera issues is just software related I might be getting that until something better comes along. 

I am interested in the Note 5, but I don't want to wait until late in the year for another Note phone. I might consider it once it's released, but I need something to replace what I am using now (I switch between Moto X 2nd gens and the M8).

The new htc one m9 has an f/2.2 lens, so that's partially to blame for lesser quality photos, but I think most of it is down to software.

Also, I didn't know that the nexus and turbo were such unreliable devices in general, kinda surprises me a bit.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Personally Im hyped for the Asus Zenfone 2. Looks to be pretty baller for the price, even if the rumors are true and the 2gb ram 1080p model isn't $200. I plan on getting one next week, depending on the initial reviews and such.

I too have owned each, including all of the note line and my current phone the Note 4. Plastic will look cheap next to a metal cased phone but they feel much better imo, than the other phones. All hardware becomes outdated the second you buy the phone because 2 months later, someone else has a bigger better faster phone. My S3 that I travel with, is still blazing fast and problem free. From my experience with phones, it's 100% the user that bogs down the phone and complains that it's not up to par.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Right now the S6 is probably the most anticipated, as well as the Asus Zenfone 2... but the year isn't over yet, there's going to be stuff like LG G4 and iPhone 6S later on.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Personally Im hyped for the Asus Zenfone 2. Looks to be pretty baller for the price, even if the rumors are true and the 2gb ram 1080p model isn't $200. I plan on getting one next week, depending on the initial reviews and such.

Right now the S6 is probably the most anticipated, as well as the Asus Zenfone 2... but the year isn't over yet, there's going to be stuff like LG G4 and iPhone 6S later on.

Cool, Zenfone looks to be one that I will have to research a bit more. I'd love to see what the G4 has to bring, but have zero interest in any iPhones.

I too have owned each, including all of the note line and my current phone the Note 4. Plastic will look cheap next to a metal cased phone but they feel much better imo, than the other phones. All hardware becomes outdated the second you buy the phone because 2 months later, someone else has a bigger better faster phone. My S3 that I travel with, is still blazing fast and problem free. From my experience with phones, it's 100% the user that bogs down the phone and complains that it's not up to par.

The Note 4 was one of the phones that I wanted that I never gave into buying. I kind of wish I would have now. I dislike the plastic feel a lot, but it's not just that which makes the galaxies feel cheap. Its the constructions and build quality of the materials themselves. The Moto X for example is completely plastic (unless you go with leather or wood. the wood is nice, but my leather one lifted like a bitch), but one of the most solid phones I have held in a long time. They don't flex, the backs are solid feeling, and the finish they put on them makes it look a bit more quality compared to Samsung. This is just personal opinion though of course. 

I've used a lot of phones over the years. The original Galaxy, S3, S4, a ton of Motorola phones, and nearly as many HTC phones. They are all different when it comes to upgrades. Motorola's Moto X phones have a hard time running the OS stock, out of the box. I'm completely dissatisfied with it performance wise. The Galaxy line, great preforming phones in the beginning. Once the carriers start releasing updates for them, they start to have performance problems. My S4 was so slow at the end that I was more than happy to give it back to the company I was working for when I left. The M8 how ever, is still blazing fast a year later. Thought, I'd like to see how it preforms once Verizon gets Lollipop on it.

I wouldn't consider myself a power user when it comes to phones. It is my main way of connecting to the internet, email, FB, etc, but I don't do much more than that. I don't play games on it and I don't download random software. I understand the need to clear cache partitions and how to manage space on the internal hardrives. Along with all the other things one needs to do to maintain the quality of their phones over time. I'm fairly confident in saying when phones performances are week that it's the phones hardware/software configuration and not so much something I am doing. Though, if it was my wife or some random person making complaints, that would be my first thought as well.

I am looking forward to the M9.  I just hope the camera is some how able to be fixed with better software as early uses seem to not be good. If they would have just put OIS it probably could have helped a lot.  Please HTC, just have a really good camera and I will buy from you as soon as possible.

Not looking forward to anything, cause Google made me mad.  The Nexus 5 was essentially perfect ergonomically, had a great screen, with a great processor, with an okay camera, at a great price.  It just lacked battery.  If they just replaced it with a similar shell and a bigger battery, so many people would be happy.  But no, they decided to say "fuck you" to people who don't like phablets, use a last-generation AMOLED display that doesn't gel well with Lollipop's new whiteness, and a lackluster battery life despite it being so large.

And most of the other flagships shown so far haven't really impressed.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Not looking forward to anything, cause Google made me mad.  The Nexus 5 was essentially perfect ergonomically, had a great screen, with a great processor, with an okay camera, at a great price.  It just lacked battery.  If they just replaced it with a similar shell and a bigger battery, so many people would be happy.  But no, they decided to say "fuck you" to people who don't like phablets, use a last-generation AMOLED display that doesn't gel well with Lollipop's new whiteness, and a lackluster battery life despite it being so large.

And most of the other flagships shown so far haven't really impressed.

What's your take on Windows phone 10? I'm pretty much feeling the same way about Google these days. Thought I still like them as a company and think they do amazing things, I don't feel that their products offer as cohesive of an experience as what Microsoft is trying to do. I've been running Windows 10 on both my PC and my Surface Pro 3 and the experience going between the two devices is flawless. If they can pull that off with Windows 10 on their phones too, I think they could end up with a much better platform than what Google is doing. 

Most people would be the M9 or S6, but for me, I want to see what LG will cook up with the G4 and maybe see what Microsoft does with windows phones

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Project Ara, OnePlus Two, the next Nexus, Note 5, Moto X 2015 and the new Windows 10 for Phones and Small Tablets flagship.

I won't be buying any of them (unless OnePlus does an upgrade program) except Project Ara.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I'm looking forward to seeing what Oneplus will offer this year. I also want to see how Ubuntu on phones will develop.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

It seems that currently their Galaxy S is no longer flagship device, or maybe it is, but as a placeholder for the Note only

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

I'm looking forward to the Asus Zenfone 2. Not in terms of specs, everyone knows them back to front. I'm looking forward to see how popular the phone is going to be and how far dat price/quality ratio is gonna put Asus finally in the map for the smartphone market.

I was even thinking of buying it, but then I got my head out of my a$$ and realized that a 5,5" screen is way too big.

Plus, I couldn't be bothered to wait, so I just got a HTC One E8.

Heyyo,

I was too... and it did release for preorders on Asus's Taiwan site today... starts shipping April 6th or something?

But... the deal-breaker for me is it seems the Asus Zenfone 2 lacks 1700MHz band which I need for LTE... so it might have battery issues for me if it constantly tries to search frequencies that won't match up to what Bell Mobility has here in Canada... sigh. Looks like I might be looking at a OnePlus One again. Got a bud who I can ship to in the States and will then get it up to me since OnePlus stopped shipping to Canada to try and broker a deal with Canada customs to eliminate the customs duty fees.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case