What is double AA and triple AAA titles?

Teemo4Life

Examples of AA and AAA and A

I3 4160 and gtx 760 handle it?

1. In the video game industry, AAA  is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game and to be among the year's bestsellers.

and aa tittles with lower budget and most of the time lower expectations and lower qualities 

1. In the video game industry, AAA  is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game and to be among the year's bestsellers.
and aa tittles with lower budget and most of the time lower expectations and lower qualities 

But what does AAA stand for? Answer me that ;)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

• In the video game industry, AAA is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game and to be among the year's bestsellers.

Examples? Can a i3 4160 and gtx 760 handle AAA

Triple A: GTA, Assassins' Creed, Call of Duty, other big series.

Double A: haven't heard of the term.. But it means series that have a smaller budget, smaller expectation, smaller group of buyers, etc.

I'll come up with an example in a sec.. Maybe Sonic games? Either way.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

aaa tiltles lie assassin creed,battlefield 4

aa tiltles minecraft,world of warcraft(this is actually a bad example but when these games started they were double aa titles)

You might want to cite that.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Is battlefield 4 AAA? Hardline? Titanfall? League of legends? Minecraft? Cod? Euro truck sim 2

Examples of AA and AAA and A

I3 4160 and gtx 760 handle it?

AAA titles are like the big names, i.e. COD, BF, Elder Scrools, etc.

As for AA and A, they're just the less talked about games and indie games. The ones that smaller studios put out.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Is battlefield 4 AAA? Hardline? Titanfall? League of legends? Minecraft? Cod? Euro truck sim 2

yes hell ya

amen Apple Accolites.......

It's a ranking and has many applications outside the gaming industry, like beef grading.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

AAA titles are like the big names, i.e. COD, BF, Elder Scrools, etc.

As for AA and A, they're just the less talked about games and indie games. The ones that smaller studios put out.

Can a i3 4160 and gtx 760 handle what?

Examples? Can a i3 4160 and gtx 760 handle AAA

Most of the games you mentioned are AAA, except for Euro Truck Sim.

Either way, that system of yours can handle them at 1080p high-medium -ish settings probably. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Can a i3 4160 and gtx 760 handle what?

What he said V

Most of the games you mentioned are AAA, except for Euro Truck Sim.

Either way, that system of yours can handle them at 1080p high-medium -ish settings probably. 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

nothing it is not an acronym but a grade

Like in School you get an A, well AAA is the grade of big budget publisher games which are expected to be well made, well received and well respected games

Below AAA would be B title/B grade products, a bit like how we have B-Movies

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

nothing it is not an acronym but a grade

Like in School you get an A, well AAA is the grade of big budget publisher games which are expected to be well made, well received and well respected games

Below AAA would be B title/B grade products, a bit like how we have B-Movies

In the video game industryAAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion.[1][2][3][4] A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game and to be among the year's bestsellers.[5][not in citation given]

Origin[edit]

With the early modernism of the video game industry occurring during the '80s and after the North American video game crash of 1983, gaming companies needed to find a standard term in order to help the audience distinguishing good titles from the poorly developed ones. Nintendo was one of the first companies attempting to create their own system through the use of a Nintendo Seal of Quality on their products, denoting that the games had been properly tested and approved.[6] Alfred Milgrom ofBeam Software, revealed how this changed the development attitude towards games, "In terms of game testing they revolutionized the concept. They said zero defects – we will not allow you to release a game that has any bugs in it whatsoever. Now zero defects was an unheard of concept in any other software or on any other gaming platform. We had to change our programming attitude and the way we developed games, which was brilliant. It was really hard work.”.[7] Nevertheless, the rest of the industry lacked an independent term that could translate the overall quality of a title. Most of the times, companies used magazines endorsement, or score reviews printed on the game box to assure the audience about the quality of their titles.

In the 90s, during gaming conventions in the US (CESCGDCE3 and private ones), some development companies started using the acronym AAA[2] among themselves, based on the Academic grading in the United States (A being the highest and F, denoting failure, the lowest).

AAA is not an acronym, but a grading scale, but some like to see it as an acronym to more simply show what attributes a game uses. One common way of perceived AAA as an acronym is like so, each "A" has a meaning regarding an overall quality.[8] One "A" is given to games that are considered to be successful (critics or reviewers give it a perfect, or almost perfect score), another "A" is used when a game brings "innovative Gameplay" (a gaming characteristic so unique that differentiate the game from all the rest), and finally, the last "A" defines "Financial Success" (game sales that generate a huge profit). A title consider to be AAA is therefore a high quality game and it's expected to be among the year’s bestsellers.[5][not in citation given]

Soon after, video game journalism, reviewers, and even the companies press-releases,[9] would also use the term to classify games (in some cases, referring to it as an equivalent to a movie blockbuster).

As the years progressed and during the new millennium, many publishers started to consider their games to be AAA even before their release,[4][10][11] and justified this decision through huge development and marketing budgets.[12]

Classification[edit]

A AAA title is intended to demonstrate the very best within a gaming company or franchise.[5][better source needed] Games not considered to be AAA have been referred to as "B titles",[13] by analogy to B-movies.[14]

SNIP

wow :D way to just copy paste Wikipedia :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So in summary

One "A" is given to games that are considered to be successful

Second "A" is used when a game brings "innovative Gameplay"

Third "A" defines "Financial Success"

Calling COD a triple a title is just stupid then :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

so lets say i go on steam, how do i know the game i'm looking for is AAA, AA or A or etc?

So in summary

One "A" is given to games that are considered to be successful

Second "A" is used when a game brings "innovative Gameplay"

Third "A" defines "Financial Success"

Calling COD a triple a title is just stupid then :D

Sells the most copies out of all games and keeps the most players...

Eearns a sht ton of money

"i think the game is bad" isn't an argument

so lets say i go on steam, how do i know the game i'm looking for is AAA, AA or A or etc?

You don't

And why would you care?

basically every game you see in the shops from big publishers is considered a AAA title, the lessor ones you dont tend to hear about or are seen as indie games.

examples of AA games would be for example less popular sports games, horse racing sims, cricket sims etc ones where they aren't pumping hundred of millions into as they won't sell enough.

AAA isn't a measurement of how it will run on a computer, so your question about will they run on yours, it 100% comes as a game by game thing.

Call of Duty is a AAA title, so is Titanfall, both of these will work well on slower systems once you get the setting right, where as Assassins creed is a poorly optimised steaming pile of dog crap and plays rubbish even on the greatest of machines.

Other games are more demanding in other sectors than others, when GTA 4 first came it it was very very very CPU intensive, and many people with powerful dual core pcs noticed a performance issue, where as other games such as the original crysis are very graphic intensive.. i even spent £350 on a new graphics card so i could run that lol! shame we dont get the same buzz and hype about graphics these days where it pushes some of us to spend to benefit from the latest tech!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb