Why does my SSD boot time slow down when I connect my HDD/s ?

Go to solution Solved by SavyTheNoob,

[solved] Hello , this is what i did, i just backed up all my data from the 2 HDDs & deleted both disk volumes and created new disk volumes , for both hard drives

(somehow reformatting it worked) . 

That seemed to fix the problem i was having, my ssd boots super fast now.

Hope this helps if someone is having the same issues I was having. =]

Hello,Forums|(Kinda New Here)

Here is my problem

I have a Kingston HyperX 240gb ssd. It boots super fast by it self, but when I connect my 2 mechanical hard drives it slows down my boot times dramatically.

And I have no idea why this is happening. :unsure:

This is what i got:

Western digital black 1tb HDD

Segate 4tb HDD

Msi Z87- Gd45 gaming

Intel Core i5-4670k

Evga Gtx-770

Any Ideas ? :(  :(

Hello,Forums|(Kinda New Here)

Here is my problem

I have a Kingston HyperX 240gb ssd. It boots super fast by it self, but when I connect my 2 mechanical hard drives it slows down my boot times dramatically.

And I have no idea why this is happening. :unsure:

This is what i got:

Western digital black 1tb HDD

Segate 4tb HDD

Msi Z87- Gd45 gaming

Intel Core i5-4670k

Evga Gtx-770

Any Ideas ? :(  :(

What did you put in those two HDD? Boot Priority?

I have this same issue when I did this on an older machine, the most likely reason is that the Bios is configured to still check all the HD's on start up and not just the SSD. If you alter the boot option to only check the SSD then this should solve the problem for you. 

However, take that with a pinch of salt, I have done this on said PC and am still getting slower boot times. I have no idea what is causing it and have just given up for the time being. 

Out of curiosity what kind of boot times are you getting? 

and the world may never know

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I got my ssd set as the primary boot drive right now, I haven't ran into this issue just now  but when I backed up my files from My ssd to one of the hard drives this started happening.

I have this same issue when I did this on an older machine, the most likely reason is that the Bios is configured to still check all the HD's on start up and not just the SSD. If you alter the boot option to only check the SSD then this should solve the problem for you. 

However, take that with a pinch of salt, I have done this on said PC and am still getting slower boot times. I have no idea what is causing it and have just given up for the time being. 

Out of curiosity what kind of boot times are you getting? 

With my ssd alone it usually boots 10-15 seconds, but with my HDDs connected it boots around 30-40+ seconds

With my ssd alone it usually boots 10-15 seconds, but with my HDDs connected it boots around 30-40+ seconds

Same here.

If I unplug all my HDDs, PC boot very fast, in under 10 seconds.

With my 3HDDs it take 30~seconds.

It's still better than when I was using a hard drive for the OS, but kind of slow regardless...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Same here.

If I unplug all my HDDs, PC boot very fast, in under 10 seconds.

With my 3HDDs it take 30~seconds.

It's still better than when I was using a hard drive for the OS, but kind of slow regardless...

Mine use to boot just fine 10+ seconds with the HDDs connected but now its just super slow, and I don't know the cause of this.  :(

I had a similar issue BUT the bad thing is I can't remember how I solved it. I know I was at the point were I reinstalled everything.
You don't have more than one OperatingSystem or?
I suggest you to reinstall the OS you are using while the HDD's are disconnected. I guess there is something linked together and that causes the slow. 
I also directly boot from my SSD. I have it that way that my SSD boots and if not I go into the bootable stuff section and select what I want to use. Thats how I usually dualboot in most cases.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

[solved] Hello , this is what i did, i just backed up all my data from the 2 HDDs & deleted both disk volumes and created new disk volumes , for both hard drives

(somehow reformatting it worked) . 

That seemed to fix the problem i was having, my ssd boots super fast now.

Hope this helps if someone is having the same issues I was having. =]