Ubisoft Brazil Tells People To Not Complain About DLC

ubisoft.jpg

Every gamer will know that DLC has kind of gotten out of hand lately. However, Ubisoft Brazil is telling people not to complain about it.

Ubisoft Brazil held a Q&A session on YouTube the other day. In the 3 minute mark of the video, a question was asked as to why Ubisoft keeps charging for DLC and expansions. The person wanted to know why games are not shipped as a complete package anymore.

NeoGAF user translated Ubisoft Brazil’s response and it’s not pretty:

Don’t be complainers. Try to understand this stuff. Here’s the deal, there is two things, one is the DLC that is a small amount of content that enables you to use some new guns, skins etc. This is usually to personalize the game to those who want. The other is the expansion, what is an expansion? Well, it’s an expansion. It enlarge the game. This is not necessary for the game. The game is always delivered complete to you guys, we guarantee. All the expansions that we deliver has more things that we spent more time of the team developing. You like the game? Want more? You don’t need to wait for the next game, there is an expansion with more adventure, more content, more everything.

Just stop complaining. Really, guys. This comes from me not directly from Ubisoft, just stop complaining about everything. Wait for a moment, think about what you’re going to say… We develop fun, but this is a business. Stop and think about it, we develop fun, if we invest more time and money to it, our team needs to get paid

Many gamers disagree with Ubisoft Brazil’s stance on DLC. The video in question has nearly 20,000 dislikes with only over 1000 likes. No matter what publishers say, gamers still feel that DLC is too excessive these days.

Update: The video in question got removed shortly after this got published. I managed to view it as the channel really was from Ubisoft Brazil.

Source: http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ubisoft-brazil-tells-people-not-complain-dlc/

Reupload of the video: 

(You can turn on the english legend)

Well... I think that first day DLC shouldn't even exit, I bought the game, I don't want to beat the game and still can't be able to get that beautifull armor just because I didn't spend $20 on a DLC... =/

I dont like too much DLC

look people im a rebel.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The problem is not DLC in general, it's day one DLC that is the biggest problem. If a company wants to add more to the game after it is already out and charge for I think that is ok. i don't think it's ok to take part of the game on day one and charge extra money for it.

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

If they release DLC every other week... That's bad.

But the way EA has handled that with BF4 (About 3 months apart I believe) its very nice. Buy premium and you'll get a nice discount as well.

I don't mind DLC done right, like what's done with Battlefield. DLC released, well, the same day as the title is kinda shitty.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

DLC in itself is not a problem, and I agree with him completely. It's the implementation and type of DLC some people have problems with. But that is ll subjective. I peronally don't mind them. What are the content creators supposed to do, when story/content development is finished, and the game is still months from release?

As for day 1 dlc. The fact is that people don't care about DLC half a year after original game release. People want more content the second the main game has been beaten.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

They received hate, they didny like it. They pulled the video off???

Dont kids do this kind of stuff when they just plain cant argue anymore?

Ubisoft brazil might be the worst.

Guy talks about DLC and Expansion as two things. Why is then Watch_dogs:Bad Blood a DLC and not expansion? :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

If the game is complete when it is shipped, then there should be no plans for DLC until the game is shipped and the game game should be optimized and not riddled with bugs. This is hardly the case today. We get DLC announcements before the game is shipped. THAT IS NOT A COMPLETE GAME!

... I forgot how fast brazilians speak O.o I understand portuguese to a degree but holy fuck I couldn't keep up without subtitles.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

FYI two games that do/did DLC properly - bioshock Infinite and Euro Truck Driving Simulator 2. 

Both have developer teams dedicated to expanding the game. Not new aesthetics or any of that bullshit (which takes 5 minutes to code) but ENTIRELY NEW levels with new voice actors (int he case of bioshock) brand new textures, brand new everything. So they deserve to get paid for all the extra work they've done. Burial at Sea was entirely worthy of my money as far as i'm concerned. So is "Going East!" which DOUBLES the existing ETS 2 map. How is that not worthy of my money? They're now working on Finland and Sweden in their "scandinavia" DLC and it looks amazing - because it's ENTIRELY NEW and nothing like we've seen yet.

This shit that ubisoft does is appauling. They're not expansions - they're simply copying and pasting existing textures, existing terrains and sliiiiiiightly customizing them. They do no work at all and then expect us to pay through the arse for it? If you could have done so little effort for this crap then put it in the game to begin with ffs instead of fooling your customers. 

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Shocking news: Ubisoft said something disgusting and hostile to gamers

This has

never

ever

ever 

ever

ever

ever

ever

happened before

TL;DR Ubisoft are the bitch mother of DLC, always-on DRM, failure to optimize, over-enfranchisement, microtransactions in already $60 games, 1-year squirty development cycles, buying and killing franchises, sequelitis and disrespect towards PC gamers. They are actually evil, as absurd as that may sound to call a company of the real world. Still, they are not as evil as the people who buy their games.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

If they release DLC every other week... That's bad.

But the way EA has handled that with BF4 (About 3 months apart I believe) its very nice. Buy premium and you'll get a nice discount as well.

The premium system isn't handled very well. Considering we payed like for the game, they still leave out none premium users from cool events, double xp and even developing a map. I think it's a little unfair for those that really like the game but the price of premium just isn't worth it for them. imo. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Ubisoft?

Complete game?

They seemed to be missing a few things on release...

2732023-289650_screenshots_2014-11-11_00

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

My problem is with your DLC, I like the DLC of borderlands 2 the most awesome DLC I have ever seen, doesn't take away from the game experience, if you liked the game you can play more, the DLC is actually good.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Ubisoft Brazil. What. 

The. 

Actual. 

FUCK.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

If someone is punching you in the face, just stop complaining.

I'll say this. I don't mind DLC.

When I do mind is when it gets out of hand. Having maybe 4 expansion packs for a game that add a decent amount of content priced at 15$ each? I got no problem with that. It's reasonable, at least to me. 

Oh, and launch day DLC is an absolute no-no.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Video removed , did someone download it ? someone ? please ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Shocking news: Ubisoft said something disgusting and hostile to gamers

This has

never

ever

ever 

ever

ever

ever

ever

happened before

TL;DR Ubisoft are the bitch mother of DLC, always-on DRM, failure to optimize, over-enfranchisement, microtransactions in already $60 games, 1-year squirty development cycles, buying and killing franchises, sequelitis and disrespect towards PC gamers. They are actually evil, as absurd as that may sound to call a company of the real world. Still, they are not as evil as the people who buy their games.

talked to gabe(Community Dev) about it , trust me , he's the only one who supports PC out there 

ckY3B1q.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker