I guess I'm not into competitive games anymore? Advice on MP games for me?

ManOfDisguise

Played CSGO for 1.5k hrs but got tired of the whole competitive gameplay, ranking system(cared too much about rank, was a DMG so nothing super good but not bad either). Got back to World of Tanks a couple weeks ago but this game is FILLED with what the players in that game call by a term "unicums" which are people with high stats and winrate and man, the game is filled with them. You can a lot of the times ask about advice on the forum and they swarm you with how bad your stats are, etc. 

Now is the problem here that I am simply not interested in competitive games anymore or is there something more to it? I have the time to dedicate to these games(even though I have school but not much stuff in school atm and Im doing pretty well)but I just dont feel like it, maybe even am lazy to do so. 

Now I still am interested in playing action packed MP games but maybe some that aren't ones that you have to dedicate to too much or ones that aren't filled with elitist players or ones that don't require to grind too much if at all.

Any advice on some games that could fit me?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

800 hours of arma 3 and I still love it.

People be looking for a reason to flame.

Battlefield 3, there are quite a lot of max ranks but about 80% of people are nothing special

or minecraft

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Battlefield 3 is the best game I've ever played.

I have a balance between single player and multiplayer(competitive) so I don't get burnt out from them.

rising storm/red orchestra 2 gets my vote. its serious yet fun

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

World of Tanks. It is fun. Well atleast for me. :D

I like WoT from time to time but it is a grind and the people on your team they whine at every one.

People be looking for a reason to flame.

minecraft

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

But why dont you continue to play those games but without some special commitment? Play for fun.

You can also give PlanetSide 2 a try, it does tend to be a "grindy" game from time to time but if you do find that one cool battle it's a blast. 

Eve online..... 11th year for me. If u stick with it you will see a whol . New lvl of game play

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

Arma 3, WoW, Runescape (yes I'm serious, the oldschool version is really fun/nostalgic if you played a few years ago; oldschool.runescape.com). 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I like WoT from time to time but it is a grind and the people on your team they whine at every one.

The moment you left alone and kill the rest of them. That shuts them all up. :D

War Thunder, I was super anti free to play everything until I played this game. its very good.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Played CSGO for 1.5k hrs but got tired of the whole competitive gameplay, ranking system(cared too much about rank, was a DMG so nothing super good but not bad either). Got back to World of Tanks a couple weeks ago but this game is FILLED with what the players in that game call by a term "unicums" which are people with high stats and winrate and man, the game is filled with them. You can a lot of the times ask about advice on the forum and they swarm you with how bad your stats are, etc. 

Now is the problem here that I am simply not interested in competitive games anymore or is there something more to it? I have the time to dedicate to these games(even though I have school but not much stuff in school atm and Im doing pretty well)but I just dont feel like it, maybe even am lazy to do so. 

Now I still am interested in playing action packed MP games but maybe some that aren't ones that you have to dedicate to too much or ones that aren't filled with elitist players or ones that don't require to grind too much if at all.

Dota 2 is amazing.

I have spend nearly 1500 hours playing it and I'm still just learning how the game works. Ignore comments about russians and southern americans ruining your game, it's bullshit. Just play some matches and don't forget to add people who you've enjoyed playing with. Communication is key and this is what makes the game fun and full of surprises. 

It also has a big learning curve when it comes to mechanics, but for me that made it all more the fun. Just start off with a hero you like, and watch some tutorials on youtube so you won't quit it altogether after one match.

It's a challenge all right.

you could try playing ESEA people are a lot more mature there but a few good games are GTA, Battlefield, and ARMA 

Insurgency is a game that seems like it would be fun.

CPU, 8350 @ 4.3 ghz | CPU COOLER, Hyper 212 EVO | ,MOBO, Gigabyte UD3 AM3+ 990FX | RAM, 8 gb  G.Skill ripjaw 1866mhz | GPUASUS 7970 | CASE, Corsair 230T black and red STORAGE, WD caviar blue 1 TB 7200 rpm | PSU, XFX 750 watt 80+ gold | Keyboard, K70 mx blue (black/red) | Mouse Razer naga hex, | Monitors, Asus VG248QE 24in 1080p, Dell 24in monitor 1080p |

I am not sure if this fits into the category but I really think Moba's are fun such as LoL or Strife, Dota.

Easy to learn but hard to master :-)

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Black Light Retribution. Please! I need more people to play with! If you do decide to try it add me on steam.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Insurgency is a game that seems like it would be fun.

I can vouch for this insurgency is a great game.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Arma 3, WoW, Runescape (yes I'm serious, the oldschool version is really fun/nostalgic if you played a few years ago; oldschool.runescape.com). 

Why do people always have to defend themselves for mentioning Runescape as a game they like, like they should be embarrassed to play it.