Gamespot - "Can You Tell The Difference Between PS4, XONE and PC?"

shermantanker

But did he set all the PC games to max or did he just think he would use high/med.

Probably tried to match console settings.

And Assassin's Greed Unity is just there because everyone knows it runs like shit like on console.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Probably tried to match console settings.And Assassin's Greed Unity is just there because everyone knows it runs like shit like on console.

Well if that is the case the only different would be consoles lack of AA and fps.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Well if that is the case the only different would be consoles lack of AA and fps.

He probably turned off AA or used fxaa.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Play on what YOU wanna play on, with whatever controller YOU like to play with.

Pretty simple stuff.

That would have been fine if I wasn't dragged down by people who want to play on inferior platforms.

Also, message in picture is very flawed; it's obviously diminishing return when you are zoomed out...it's the detail that matters(up close).

the REAL reasons PC is a better choice;

mods. 

better controls. 

its a COMPUTER. (kiss that 1500 dollar macbook goodbye, this does everything that it can and more) 

its a GAMING MACHINE (kiss the other 300 dollar appliance goodbye, it does literally everything that it can) 

you cant be a console enthusiast. (except nintendo...... nintendo master race. :D

those features alone. 

no further discussion.

And actually cheaper than conslow, they make you pay monthly for multiplayer. You need a "gold membership" or some crap to use the ethernet port.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Test is invalid. 

1. Only showed games made for conslow and ported to PC

2. All these games have been restricted on PC to make conslows sell better

3. Didn't show graphics settings on PC

4. Cod always looks the same, only more saturation on Xbone, easy to fix for any PC user

5. Sarah was playing not comparing

6. 5 year old PCs have a hard time downclocking the GPU to be as bad as current conslows as proved by LinusTechTips

7. Modern games are made to sell, not to innovate and improve, if AAA devs made the PC look as good as it could with PC hardware then conslow players would feel cheated by their "next gen" system and be less likely to buy the game.

8. Conslows are cheaper and more people buy them so more conslow owners buy AAA games, less conslows would be purchased if (as said in 7), AAA devs made the PC look as god as it could with PC hardware then conslow players would feel cheated by their "next gen" system

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

XB1/PS4 the test is valid.

However the PC isn't limited to single screen gaming & many users employ triple screen or ultrawide as monitor usage,..as per the counterpart devices that cannot, shouldn't even have PC in the same test.. Plus using PC ports is silly, dedicated PC games usually employ better textures from the ground up.

XB1 / PS4 and their Post-AA (HRAA) comparisons are good articles to read.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Complaining about the PC they used:
It's not fair to get the best possible gaming PC, because that would give the PC an unfair advantage via its bigger budget. Similarly, it's not fair to pick a PC of comparable cost to a console, since that would ignore the fact that you can use a PC for other things, like work. Picking a PC costing 2-3 times as much as a console seems fair, to balance the added utility of the PC against its higher cost.

Complaining about settings:
This is probably the biggest issue. I suppose you have 2 options: 1. Pick the same "settings" as the console, and let the PC show its power through higher framerates. 2. Choose settings that force the PC to have similar (minimum) framerates to the console, and let the PC show its power through better textures or effects.

Complaining about lack of information about the PC:
You don't need to know -everything- about the PC. CPU, GPU, RAM, is probably enough (and he did say it had 16GB of RAM).

Complaining that PCs are no more difficult to find the parts for, build, and maintain than consoles:
Unlikely. Consoles are always plug and play. PCs -may- be the same -if- you can find a complete unit being sold in a store. But this is a hardware enthusiast community. Most users here would not do or reccommend that. Most users here would also enjoy tinkering with their PC as much as playing on it, making the extra work a moot point for them.

This was an interesting, although not perfectly scientific, test. It suggests that raw hardware performance is not that important when choosing between a PC and a console. If you want to play a game which is available on multiple systems, it would appear that the difference between systems wil not be that great. ...and if you wanted to play a game only available on one system, then you don't have a choice anyway.

I could see people not noticing much of a difference between graphical fidelity + resolution, but framerate is usually pretty apparent.  

And there's a lot of other quality of life benefits to better hardware.  Less pop in, faster load times etc.

Nothing wrong with consoles, though.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Complaining about the PC they used:

It's not fair to get the best possible gaming PC, because that would give the PC an unfair advantage via its bigger budget. Similarly, it's not fair to pick a PC of comparable cost to a console, since that would ignore the fact that you can use a PC for other things, like work. Picking a PC costing 2-3 times as much as a console seems fair, to balance the added utility of the PC against its higher cost.

Complaining about settings:

This is probably the biggest issue. I suppose you have 2 options: 1. Pick the same "settings" as the console, and let the PC show its power through higher framerates. 2. Choose settings that force the PC to have similar (minimum) framerates to the console, and let the PC show its power through better textures or effects.

Complaining about lack of information about the PC:

You don't need to know -everything- about the PC. CPU, GPU, RAM, is probably enough (and he did say it had 16GB of RAM).

Complaining that PCs are no more difficult to find the parts for, build, and maintain than consoles:

Unlikely. Consoles are always plug and play. PCs -may- be the same -if- you can find a complete unit being sold in a store. But this is a hardware enthusiast community. Most users here would not do or reccommend that. Most users here would also enjoy tinkering with their PC as much as playing on it, making the extra work a moot point for them.

This was an interesting, although not perfectly scientific, test. It suggests that raw hardware performance is not that important when choosing between a PC and a console. If you want to play a game which is available on multiple systems, it would appear that the difference between systems wil not be that great. ...and if you wanted to play a game only available on one system, then you don't have a choice anyway.

PC of 2x upfront cost to consoles would more than enough to max out those games at 1080p 60+fps.

Except Assassin'a Greed 5, because ubiaoft screwed up on all platforms.

One thing, 780 Ti is only decent? My friends 780 Ti outpreforms my 970 somewhat.

I suppose the 780Ti is a great card, but what I was getting at is heavy multi GPU setups that will destroy this little thing. Also I was talking about the other specs although it's a well rounded machine, that was mostly me complaining about the guy calling it a "beast" with like heavy accent when it really is just an average gaming PC. 

I suppose the 780Ti is a great card, but what I was getting at is heavy multi GPU setups that will destroy this little thing. Also I was talking about the other specs although it's a well rounded machine, that was mostly me complaining about the guy calling it a "beast" with like heavy accent when it really is just an average gaming PC. 

Since when is a system with a 780 Ti, i5 and 16gb of ram your average gaming PC? Majority of gamers are still rocking dual core cpus and you're saying that "that" is an average gaming pc?

Since when is a system with a 780 Ti, i5 and 16gb of ram your average gaming PC? Majority of gamers are still rocking dual core cpus and you're saying that "that" is an average gaming pc?

Average doesn't really cut it anymore with dual cores unfortunately  :( . Oh, wait, hyperthreading to the rescue!!!!! :P .

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

They call them selves reviewers but can't even see the difference between 720p/900p/1080p and 30fps/60fps/144fps.
I can even tell the difference on the Youtube video 2 was obviously PC.

RTX2070OC 

Expected results. Visible difference between new consoles and PC is small, law of diminishing returns.... new consoles look good.

Side by side you can notice the difference but blind tests are difficult.

Also for us when we are playing with a precision mouse and on the desktop with monitors close to our face we are a bit more sensitive to framerate and maybe even small graphical details.

With a controller and from the couch, or this test setup it really doesn't matter as much.

I can tell you for a fact that's not true, being a couch PC gamer, its ten times more important to have a higher frame rate. The screen is bigger and every little frame rate issue you have is 10x more noticable

I can tell you for a fact that's not true, being a couch PC gamer, its ten times more important to have a higher frame rate. The screen is bigger and every little frame rate issue you have is 10x more noticable

I am not talking about frame rate issues, I know that sudden dips and stuttering are noticeable.

In my experience when you are playing with a mouse, because it's such a precision device it heightens our sensitivity to framerate. i.e. when we make a movement with the mouse the faster we can see it reflected on screen the smoother it feels. More so than a controller.

To tell you the truth the reason why most PC gamers chose the PC as their platform wasn't just because of better graphics. It's also having the freedom to do what you want. You can literally do anything you want to do on a PC or to a PC. Where with a console you are very limited in every way. But yea the PC has better graphics. There are so many things a console gamer will not see for about 10 years. That is a long time to wait for something we already have.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Lest not forget, these guys are journalists, not tech enthusiasts

one of the guys only played on PS4 for christ sake

that said I am pretty shocked, I was at my brothers the otherday playing some games on PS4 and I just could tell it was console, even though I play console myself the difference is apparent to me

BUT equally it doesnt matter as long as the games are good, though if I can play the same game and have it look better (and have a good pc at the same time) thats why PC wins

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am not talking about frame rate issues, I know that sudden dips and stuttering are noticeable.

In my experience when you are playing with a mouse, because it's such a precision device it heightens our sensitivity to framerate. i.e. when we make a movement with the mouse the faster we can see it reflected on screen the smoother it feels. More so than a controller.

mouse and controller there is no difference

I wouldn't say that most people have dual core system, I know a lot of people with average gaming PC's and they all have quad core's or higher. And the 780ti is a great card for sure, but when I'm speaking average I am talking about people spending around 1500 bucks (which is likely fairly close to this PC), I consider anything under about 900 low end as most people when they build their first build aim for around 1000 bucks. Sure you can build a gaming PC with less money, but it's not the average thing I see people do. 

'

But I want to play Halo...

Emm yoo lay shun B)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I wouldn't say that most people have dual core system, I know a lot of people with average gaming PC's and they all have quad core's or higher. And the 780ti is a great card for sure, but when I'm speaking average I am talking about people spending around 1500 bucks (which is likely fairly close to this PC), I consider anything under about 900 low end as most people when they build their first build aim for around 1000 bucks. Sure you can build a gaming PC with less money, but it's not the average thing I see people do. 

It's cool that you consider anything under 900 low end when that's simply not true. 

And here's an steam hardware survey that clearly says that almost 50% of steam users are running on dual core systems.

0Ng6t33.png

You can't take your "average" from tech forums since your average consumer doesn't visit those. Your average consumer goes to wallmart and purchases the first computer with the word gaming on it.

This was one of the poorest attempts at a PC to console comparison I've ever seen. Completely flawed and lots of information was hidden from us. Any PC gamer would of caught on to this bullshit but thus they didn't pick a single PC enthusiast to take their test.