Powering speakers and sub

Agazed

This is my third time im writing this, so it's gonna be short. I was looking in my basement and I found 2 speakers and 1 sub that were my dads. I wan't to replace my current sound bar that I use with my computer with these new speakers. I need help finding the right sound card, receiver, or amplifier to power them.

Speakers: http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Environmental-Speaker-Brackets-Black/dp/B00006I539(4 ohms I believe)

I couldn't find the sub-woofer online. I tried searching online with the codes on the sub, but nothing came up. I tried searching the Earthquake (brand of the sub) website and they didn't have it on there. Here are some pics of the sub:

EDIT: I have found the specs of my sub-woofer. I need an amp to power the speakers and the sub. Here are the specs for the sub:

ZVi25wY.png

vDC61WY.jpg8oWUlsO.jpgoA4eyIm.jpgdSMsai0.jpgLC9Lqam.jpg

I believe the sub is 6 ohms as you can see in the 4th picture.

Oh and hey - This is my first post! Hello LinusTechTips community! 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Try slightly harder to find some kind of documentation for that subwoofer, because it's quite useless without a box and zero information on what box specifications it should be in.

any old recevier should be fine for the speakers, just make sure that it is able to handle a 4ohm load if it isn't switchable. Most (if not all?) should. 

Be cautious of that subwoofer, it appears to be dual voice coil, so that could be 3+3 (likely) which would be 6 ohms in series and 1.5 in parallel. 

Try slightly harder to find some kind of documentation for that subwoofer, because it's quite useless without a box and zero information on what box specifications it should be in.

any old recevier should be fine for the speakers, just make sure that it is able to handle a 4ohm load if it isn't switchable. Most (if not all?) should. 

Be cautious of that subwoofer, it appears to be dual voice coil, so that could be 3+3 (likely) which would be 6 ohms in series and 1.5 in parallel. 

Oh believe me, I have searched for days on end trying to find more info on that sub. Their website is earthquakesound.com and I looked every where on their site for my product.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Oh believe me, I have searched for days on end trying to find more info on that sub. Their website is earthquakesound.com and I looked every where on their site for my product.

guess you're going to have to call them and hope someone will rummage through some old spec sheets for you.

Amplifier for the speaker pair, just go with the budget Lepai 2020A+. It's cheap and it's good. 

For the sub, it won't perform nicely without a box/enclosure. Maybe you can find a DIY guy around your area, who accept audio modding and speaker building orders. Bring it to him, and he might be able to size it up based on his experience. After that, get another dedicated amp for the sub. A budget one will do, but just make sure it got the right amount of power rating. 

guess you're going to have to call them and hope someone will rummage through some old spec sheets for you.

Alright. I tried calling them and they aren't open now. Why would they be open anyway its 2am lol

If only this is not audio sub, that sentence would've been awesome...

Two things, first one on topic amusingly enough. Earthquake subs are trash, super gangsters put them in their parents honda civic in order to be cool. Secondly, blowing a tranny means something different to auto techs

Two things, first one on topic amusingly enough. Earthquake subs are trash, super gangsters put them in their parents honda civic in order to be cool. Secondly, blowing a tranny means something different to auto techs

What does it mean to you, personally.

What does it mean to you, personally.

Many, many things...(I take it you're doing what Im doing right know, sitting mindlessly awake in bed?)

Many, many things...(I take it you're doing what Im doing right know, sitting mindlessly awake in bed?)

How did you guess.

How did you guess.

Have extracted that you live on the westish coast, and that Ive never heard of 3 o'clock morning classes, and that fact im in the same boat...

Have extracted that you live on the westish coast, and that Ive never heard of 3 o'clock morning classes, and that fact im in the same boat...

Still 1000 miles of coast to extract from.

Still 1000 miles of coast to extract from.

MST? Neat, still on the west side if the Mississippi, which is were I more or less draw the line with everyone else.

MST? Neat, still on the west side if the Mississippi, which is were I more or less draw the line with everyone else.

Nevermind, apparently the pacific coast is like 2k miles. gg my geography exp

Nevermind, apparently the pacific coast is like 2k miles. gg my geography exp

Fffff, and I was hoping to personally give you that cake, as soon as I find the damned sharks.

Fffff, and I was hoping to personally give you that cake, as soon as I find the damned sharks.

Too bad I'm not still in CO, such is life.

Too bad I'm not still in CO, such is life.

Oh man, there is a place a ways outside Durango were Ive determined that Ill die there, ever visit Estes Park?

Oh man, there is a place a ways outside Durango were Ive determined that Ill die there, ever visit Estes Park?

Negative,

Negative,

Damn, highly suggest you do if you ever go back, its nice. Very little town, quiet, nothing seems pressing, which is nice.

Damn, highly suggest you do if you ever go back, its nice. Very little town, quiet, nothing seems pressing, which is nice.

that would suit me at any point in life honestly.

that would suit me at any point in life honestly.

Its worth the trip, literally in a vally in the middle of the Colorado Rockies, no big highways lead to it and I could limp across the town in an hour or so.

:P

Go fuck yourself with a pinecone, scum

Its worth the trip, literally in a vally in the middle of the Colorado Rockies, no big highways lead to it and I could limp across the town in an hour or so.

Can imagine, been camping round abouts mesa verde and such before.