Users have spent $1.3 billion in Candy Crush Saga in 2014!

Is the Candy Crush Saga epidemic over? One would think that those joining little candies into chains would have moved on to bigger and better games by now—one can only suffer so much agonizing defeat in the game's many, many puzzles before washing one's hands of the whole thing.

And while it's certainly true that publisher King's reliance on its candy cash cow has been steadily decreasing, that hasn't stopped the game's players from coughing up a not-so-insignificant amount of money for in-app purchases—which help them skip through levels, blow up candies faster, and push past the game's challenging scenarios.

According to The Guardian, Candy Crush Saga players spent approximately $1.33 billion on in-app purchases over the entirety of 2014. Just let that sink in for a minute: $1.33 billion on little additions to a mobile game. While King hasn't supplied a figure for the game's lifetime spending, The Guardian estimates that players have likely spent more than $3 billion on purchases at this point. In the last 18 months, the game's players have spent about $2.37 billion.

Those figures are huge, if not eye-opening, but a closer look at King's financials reveals a steady decline in the game's spending. During the third quarter of 2013, Candy Crush Saga players spent a whopping $551 million on the game. Since then, that figure has been dropping steadily to just around $263.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2014. Candy Crush Saga is still huge, spending-wise, but it's no longer the giant it once was.

As The Guardian notes, the game was basically King's biggest moneymaker in 2013, accounting for 78 percent of the company's gross bookings in the fourth fiscal quarter of the year. One year later, however, that figure was down to 45 percent—and it was the very first time that the game hadn't been the majority spender among King's titles.

Spending on these other games has risen 136.5 percent between the first quarter of 2013 and 2014; Candy Crush Saga spending, as noted, dropped 46.5 percent in that one-year span.

To King's credit, the company does have other big-spending apps in the mix that should (ideally) keep the company going as Candy Crush Saga continues its slow winding down. In the fourth quarter of 2014, King had three of the 10 highest-grossing games in the U.S. App Store (for iOS), and four of the highest-grossing games on the U.S. Google Play store.

SOURCE

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dayum.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That's absolute retarded. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

And then they tell you to get a life when they see you playing sc2...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I have lost faith in humanity... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

That's sad man..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Shit like this makes me loose faith in humanity...

Edit: Feck apparently im not the only one, looking at you @werto165 :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

The game is purposely designed to make you spend money. Don't play these stupid games where it requires you to use real money to buy fake stuffs. And some reviews saying it's worth it are idiots.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Hat off to the developers, they know how to earn money.

Freemium games are the way to go!

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Shit like this makes me loose faith in humanity...

Edit: Feck apparently im not the only one, looking at you @werto165 :P

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: R US  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

a game to make addict the non gamer community

your gif is so perfect

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

all those middle aged women must have started to try other games at last.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

The game is purposely designed to make you spend money. Don't play these stupid games where it requires you to use real money to buy fake stuffs. And some reviews saying it's worth it are idiots.

Well at least apple are sort of trying to combat it. Making games "pay once and play" in their app store. The only games I play are from humble mobile bundles which are great, supports the developer more directly and helps charity too. 

I hate king, their games are just cash grabs 

Im proud of myself never searching for ccs or ever thinking about playing it

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Must design adictive piece of shit with microtransactions. Apparently thats how u make money nowadays....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Jesus, but none of the players care about what a money grab King is and the nazi-legal team that they deploy. 

Computer Science / Mechanical Engineering @ Oakland University

Alumni of FRC Team 245

Professional Counter-Strike - Starbucks Barista 

So King gets a lot of money by making a carbon copy of Bejewelled, and adding in candy and kawaii GUI...

sigh...

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.