Texas Teen Jailed "LoL" by Canadan mother that went to FAR!

Gecko

It’s your friendly neighborhood Gecko here

So on The Dalily Caller I was reading about this article that a teenage boy that was called "Insane" to which he's reply was ‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ then just after that reply's "lol" and "jk" as we all know is laughing out loud and Jokes or just kidding so. So a mother from Canada saw what was said and somehow found the teenage Jack Carter's address and done some online scouting and found schools in the area and called the police. He was soon after arrested and was put in jail. He celebrated he’s 19th birthday behind bars and could face up to 8 years in prison for making terrorist threats.

My thoughts are thus the word Terrorist means:

A person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism , to blow something up!

Jack clearly states “to shoot” so would this not mean attempted mass murder. What it sounds to me is America just wants to keep people afraid and use anything that could be resembled as anything like a terrorist act.

So this I guess should be a warning to all gamers if you feel your getting heated because of a troll or for whatever reason keep what you want to say to yourself as sometimes sarcasm can get you in to unessory trouble. Sarcasm is best left for verbal communication!

Gecko

Sign this petition

Press Here

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Honestly, I see how the system is overreacting here, but afterall it's the posters fault, if you are that retarded and post stuff like this you deserve to be locked up for a while.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Wow that is a little off to be honest. But still, people shouldn't really go about saying such things.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Damn... crazy suburban mothers; I wonder how proud this mother is.... 

Hope Jack gets off and gets an apology or something [I think we can all agree that Jack Carter had said that in sarcasm, what I'm afraid is that some people are oblivious to this (i.e. this Canadian mother)] 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Honestly, it's not funny or something to joke about. Putting lol at the end doesn't mean anything.

That being said, things went straight out the Window when they didn't need to.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

He should not be jailed for 8 years for writing a silly little comment on the internet. At the most he should get a slap on the wrists and blocked from facebook for about a month. There we go, now we don't need to jail someone for having a joke.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I honestly think that they are all over reacting to a silly comment like his. What he said was bad but i see no reason to go to extreme measures like this. Also how is it that i live in Texas and I'm first hearing about this now? 

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

8 years just for that?dayumn..they should just fine him or asked to do some community service instead.now the gov have just created a monster who,while serving his 8 years in prison,will plot his revengeful act of retaliation and do the shooting for real.and that's how you create a terrorist,by pissing them off in the first place.

He has yet to be charged so might not but that the maxamim he can be charged!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

i live in Trinidad, and if i said that i dont think anything would happen

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

He should not be jailed for 8 years for writing a silly little comment on the internet. At the most he should get a slap on the wrists and blocked from facebook for about a month. There we go, now we don't need to jail someone for having a joke.

Just putting "lol jk" at the end does not make it OK to say anything you want. 8 years is too extreme but "a slap on the wrist and no Facebook for a month" is not something a court sentence someone to... Community service for a little while would be enough.

Wow, must of had a terrible lawyer.

Interesting read, yet not clear in my mind how this qualifies as "Tech: News and Reviews"

no reason to be saying crap like that in the first place, the cops/courts aren't going to go easy on things like that especially when they happen more often everyday it seems.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Lol, people consider these things a bad taste in USA. Wonder how many heart attacks would be had in the russian portion of internet. We have some pretty harsh jokes around.

It seems like the chasm between saying and doing is greatly diminished over the seas.

I mean even totally acceptable memes like insanity wolf would make them drop some pant-bombs.

P.S. simply googling "terrorism jokes" gives great results for people who don't know how to go to jail for 8 years.

More reasons to hate this hellhole. ._.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

no reason to be saying crap like that in the first place, the cops/courts aren't going to go easy on things like that especially when they happen more often everyday it seems.

honestly I think that the person the cops should be worried about is that mother,she somehow tracked him down from his videogame username.

so who do you arrest,somebody who tracks a kid down through their IGN,IP,or by hacking the games database;or do you arrest a kid who said an obviously sarcastic comment.......

c4RmRN3.jpg

DO NOT CLICK UNLESS READY FOR MATURE CONTENT

EDIT:

I read up on it on a different website and supposedly he said it while talking about LoL,but it was said on FaceBook.

so the real question is,why didn't he have his account set to private?

or why did he have some random woman, with an inability to consider sarcasm, added on his FaceBook.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

honestly I think that the person the cops should be worried about is that mother,she somehow tracked him down from his videogame username.

so who do you arrest,somebody who tracks a kid down through their IGN,IP,or by hacking the games database;or do you arrest a kid who said an obviously sarcastic comment.......

c4RmRN3.jpg

DO NOT CLICK UNLESS READY FOR MATURE CONTENT

Arresting either is somewhat dumb, but at the end of the day that stuff isn't funny anymore, IDK why people think it's acceptable to go and say that, and think a "JK" at the end erases the stupidity of it lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

That mother needs to read youtube comments so she can get an understanding of how serious internet talk is.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Holy shit. This is completely disgusting. He said something in an online in game chat and is now in jail (possibly for 8 damned years)? This makes me doubt the American justice system more than I've ever done before, sure I wouldn't say that, but it was clearly intended as a way for this kid to defend himself from a rude remark (he was called a psycho). People are so devastated by some shootings that had to take out there frustration on a random barely 'adult' (You don't have full adult rights until you're 21) in some video game? What has this country come to?

Edit: Youtube video responding to everyone in this thread's comments.

http://youtu.be/aDg-9STmQcw

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Out of pure curiosity why don't we know said "woman's" name?

anonymity my ass,he needs to face his accuser.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Things like that shouldn't be said no matter what. 

CPU: 2500k 4.6 Ghz 1.38V   Cooler: CM Seidon 120M   Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V   Memory: Patriot 1600 Mhz (4x4Gb)   GPU: MSI Twin Frozer 3 7950 (1100/1500)  

Storage: Patriot Pyro SE 120Gb, Seagate 500Gb,  HGST 1Tb   PSU: OCZ 700W   Monitor: Dell ST2420L   Mouse: Razer Naga 2012   Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Ultimate (Mx Blues)