Texas Teen Jailed "LoL" by Canadan mother that went to FAR!

Gecko

now the fact that he said it in the first place makes it a threat.

No, it doesn't. You have to have a few requirements for it to be "a threat".

Imminence, intent and another third thing I forget. What he said was missing two of the three.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

No, it doesn't. You have to have a few requirements for it to be "a threat".

Imminence, intent and another third thing I forget. What he said was missing two of the three.

if i were to say i would hurt someone i would be threatening them... weather or not my intent is to fulfill the action, therefor what he said was a threat.

if i were to say i would hurt someone i would be threatening them... weather or not my intent is to fulfill the action, therefor what he said was a threat.

Legally speaking, no it isn't. 

Regardless of what definition we use, the law does things differently. It requires the three things I mentioned to truly be a threat, in the legal sense, and thereby be something the boy should be arrested for. 

But nooo. Nobody listens to the "laws" anymore. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm not surprised that this is the way the government reacted. With Newtown happening 6 months ago, All people would be on high alert to suppress something like Newtown happening again. I think eight years is to much. It should be 6 months in prison and his IP address is permanently blocked from Facebook, or a year of having your IP blocked from Facebook. 

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit. This is completely disgusting. He said something in an online in game chat and is now in jail (possibly for 8 damned years)? This makes me doubt the American justice system more than I've ever done before, sure I wouldn't say that, but it was clearly intended as a way for this kid to defend himself from a rude remark (he was called a psycho). People are so devastated by some shootings that had to take out there frustration on a random barely 'adult' (You don't have full adult rights until you're 21) in some video game? What has this country come to?

Edit: Youtube video responding to everyone in this thread's comments.

http://youtu.be/aDg-9STmQcw

That is rather mean that you think my post is not intresting!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Have you heard about the kid that bit a pop tart into the shape of a gun and got suspended for it.. People in this country drive me nuts

It’s your friendly neighborhood Gecko here

So on The Dalily Caller I was reading about this article that a teenage boy that was called "Insane" to which he's reply was ‘Censored’ then just after that reply's "lol" and "jk" as we all know is laughing out loud and Jokes or just kidding so. So a mother from Canada saw what was said and somehow found the teenage Jack Carter's address and done some online scouting and found schools in the area and called the police. He was soon after arrested and was put in jail. He celebrated he’s 19th birthday behind bars and could face up to 8 years in prison for making terrorist threats.

My thoughts are thus the word Terrorist means:

A person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism , to blow something up!

Jack clearly states “to shoot” so would this not mean attempted mass murder. What it sounds to me is America just wants to keep people afraid and use anything that could be resembled as anything like a terrorist act.

So this I guess should be a warning to all gamers if you feel your getting heated because of a troll or for whatever reason keep what you want to say to yourself as sometimes sarcasm can get you in to unessory trouble. Sarcasm is best left for verbal communication!

Gecko

Sign this petition

Press Here

I hope you don't live in the US, as rewriting this expect the authorities at your door.  Not joking tbh.

To add my comments to it, people NEED to be held accountable for what they say.  Should he suffer 8 years in jail?  Probably a bit much, I would have arrested him and placed him into a mental ward for awhile.  Just like the other kid that said similar things on Runscape.  He's been in jail since September for what he said, he just plead guilty last week.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

This is ridicules, a country that is way too proud of their freedom of speech, liberty 'n stuff arrests someone for a joke. 

Well, i don't know what i expected from 'murica. Now i'll just wait until NSA knocks on my door :D

That is rather mean that you think my post is not intresting!

Gecko I'm sure you're aware I meant no harm.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

This is absolute bullshit.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

MERICA

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS: