CS:GO. What's with it?

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey Guys! So I see so many of my fuckin friends play CS:GO. I'm so annoyed at this. So I thought Should I try this game? Is it really worth it at all? I already own the game btw. The only reason I don't wanna play that game is because even if the game is cheap, but there are some in-game items which are fuckin high priced! O.o 

That's the sole reason I don't wanna play. In my steam home, I find at least 5 of them playing the game.

What's in it? Why so good? Is it hard, like other CS games, or is it totally different?

Hows the Community? I'm totally confused. 

If anyone explained those shit to me.

The sole reason I wanna play the game: Friends and those In-Game items that are available (to collect, not to buy). If I could just sell it.

And the whole is same for TF2. Those In-game items though. (Too big download, TF2 it is. 8 Gb to download. Sole reason why  I'm not downloading that shit :D)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

The items that are available for buying does not give you any sort of advantage in terms of gameplay. The game is solely skill and teamwork.

That's why it is so great! No pay to win! 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

You don't have to buy any of the in game items as they are all cosmetic epeen things and have no effect on gameplay. The community is similar to LoL and Dota in that it's toxic, I don't think the game is any good It's a very one dimensional boring brown shooter that's massively overhyped.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

You don't want to play because there are high priced items? The items a purely for aesthetic purposes and have no in game benefits. So your not playing it cause it is expensive to buy pretty things... your choice but thats a dumb reason not to play.

You don't have to buy any of the in game items as they are all cosmetic epeen things and have no effect on gameplay. The community is similar to LoL and Dota in that it's toxic, I don't think the game is any good It's a very one dimensional boring brown shooter that's massively overhyped.

I don't think it is overhyped and yeah the game is one dimensional, but thats more about expectations then what the game is. It suppose to be one dimensional with basic graphics and gameplay, if you are expecting more you are playing the wrong game in the first place. The people can be jerks, maybe 10% of them but this is true with almost all online games. Its not for everyone, not even me for the most part.

It's alright, but after the first time you buy a case and open it slowly realizing that you could possibly get that really rare gun skin so you decide to open another one, and another one, and another one......... your life is over and steam has all of your money, you then proceed to cry your self to sleep at night.

Just like all the other CS games, it's got a high learning curve. If you're wanting to give it a lash, play some of the casual game modes at first to get an understanding of the game. 

The items in game don't add any damage or any unfair advantage to the player, they're just skins designed to make guns look good and you don't have to buy them if you don't want to. 

wRSxA8X.jpgQ8Jc91X.jpg

As for the community, it depends on where you find them. But as with all of the CS games, the community can be toxic depending on rank and from what I have seen, where the players are from. I often find that Americans are the biggest flamers. 

Give the game a shot and if it's not for you, at least you know. It's got a steep learning curve though, so give it some time. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I had my CS:GO in the library for like a year before installing it, it's a lot of fun you should give it a try.

You don't need to buy items at all. 

The game is quite fun, especially if you play with friends, but a large part of the community is just crap and there still are a fair amount of hackers in the game. 

But it's nice, you should definitely give it a try.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

People like playing competitive games. The expensive items are something most players don't think about.
Go have a go at it, play a couple games :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

the itiems are only visual thing / bragging rights
and this game is way better then the other ones because of the competetive mode you usually play against players in your skill level (if you get past Gold Nova 1 rank there mostly wont be any smufs (high rank player on a low rank profile) but untill you get past all silver ranks its a pain .... usually)
but i would say that you should give it a go.... I didnt want cs go when it came out and didnt want to play it when my friend got it for me but i was like meh lets give this poo a go and i like it.... even tho if you dont play for a long time you loose most of your skill... (i was a Gold Nova Master now im a Silver Elite )

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Alright! It's decided. I'll give it a try. 

But I'd like to know some stuff before hand!

What Gun Should A Beginner take?

What are some good community servers, who'll understand that i'm new and don't have much practice, before just banning the shit outta me.

Is there any campaign kinda thing? Like single player practice in CS:CZ? Would love to have it

And anything that I should know before starting the game! 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

What are some good community servers, who'll understand that i'm new and don't have much practice, before just banning the shit outta me.

Is there any campaign kinda thing? Like single player practice in CS:CZ? Would love to have it

Dont go straight into competitive matchmaking, Play casual deathmatch until you feel you have gotten to grips with the game. Then play competitive. The main weapons are the AK-47 and the M4A1 get good with those first. 

You could even watch youtube videos on how to control the guns sprays. 

Insurgency is better IMO

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

AK47 for T and M4A1-S (silenced) or M4A4 (loud) for CT and for pistols P250

i say go competetive or to practise go deathmatch

well you can play all the maps against bots and only bots

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

My honest opinion is that due to some events , fps people migrated from their game or game franchise to CS:GO , for example :

-Battlefield series started sucking since bf3 , and received a nearly fatal blow with bf4 and bfh

-COD people started getting bored with the same stuff every year , and COD:Ghosts was really bad

-CS 1.6 and CS:S guys got bored and moved to CS:GO

This and the update in which they added skins and that can be traded, cases that can be opened , and actual profit that can be made on the steam market ( and "free games"  basically with the money from the market ) this attracted a lot of people.  ( to my huge disadvantage because i'm plagued by disrespectful eastern european kids , the worst kind of kids ).

Insurgency is better IMO

It's different style . It's like saying Arma is better than BF4 . But i see your point . I like Insurgency too ( not over csgo but i like it alot ) . Too bad it's not so popular .

It's different style . It's like saying Arma is better than BF4 . But i see your point . I like Insurgency too ( not over csgo but i like it alot ) . Too bad it's not so popular .

It is? Oh... I thought they were in the same genre :P I only played a little CSGO but didnt like it very much. Insurgency can be very rage inducing tho haha.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I would say its just counter strike. If you have never liked it, then csgo will probably be no different of an experience. I play it because its a twitch shooter that is better than cod, and you can sell the rewards you get for steam wallet cash. I use that to fund trading card collecting and badge crafting.

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

It is? Oh... I thought they were in the same genre :P I only played a little CSGO but didnt like it very much. Insurgency can be very rage inducing tho haha.

I said style not genre >:-P

I love CD:GO, I was a big tourny player here in the 1.6 days. really hated source. but GO just has the 1.6 feel to it, so i'm back playing everyday. 

yes its the same thing every game, but its a multiplayer game so don't complain about lack of story. 

honestly give it a go, but from your opening line about how angry you were just because your friends are playing a game without you. maybe don't. You might be the person who is toxic to the rest of us. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

My experience: Round 1 - everybody buys a Deaglel

Round 2 - certain people buy AWPs

Round 3 - practically everybody has an AWP by this time

If you didn't know an AWP is basically a 1 shot sniper if you have any sense of aiming

Rinse and repeat steps 2 and 3 for the rest of the game

Edit: oh, yeah, and there are the asshats that have been playing for 5+ years that play casual... it's infuriating 

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

The items that are available for buying does not give you any sort of advantage in terms of gameplay. The game is solely skill and teamwork.

That's why it is so great! No pay to win! 

This^ a thousand times over

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

Try and see before u decide to hate it without a valid reason.

U CANT ASK OTHERS TO GIVE U A SATISFYING ANSWER BECAUSE IT IS SUBJECTIVE.

The community is same as in any other skill based game. U will be called noob, cheater, lucker and get all the mama offenses.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE