Asus Geforce GT 440 1GB GDDR5

Sir Asvald
Go to solution Solved by GlassBomb,

@Abdul201588

I have a job, I work 3 days a week. I have enough money to build another computer. I built the computer myself. I don't understand why he won't let me buy it. :(

Save up some money, buy a card and replace yours. If he asks, tell him that old card was causing you some issues. I mean, it WAS a used card, after all.

Hi, there!

I'm new to the forum. Anyway, I was given a free Asus Geforce GT 440 for free because my friend had built a new PC. The GPU is currently horrible and old. I've also made a decision to move from console to PC (YAY!). I've got an issue. My dad won't let me buy a new card because he said that I've got one. I do, but its rubbish no current games play it, and I want to try out H1Z1, but obviously I cant' play on medium settings because of the card.

I don't know that to do! :( 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Secretly buy a 750 ti.Heck i secretly build 1000 euros pc without my parents knowing xD

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Tell him to stop being arrogant and make him sit down and play the games on it...

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

if the 440 is anywhere near the 640 you'll still have better graphics than on consoles.

EDIT: low end gpu gaming hints: (coming from a guy that used to do 1440p on a GT640)

- turn off anti aliasing.

- turn off shadows, reflections and other raytracing-like effects.

- set textures to medium or high depending on the game, and the amount of Vram (probably gonna be medium for you)

- lower viewing distance one notch, this wont be visibly annoying in most cases.

- does the game have fancy effects like "soften", etc? turn them on and off a few times, see what it does to performance, and see if you actually like the effect.

- try lowering your screen resolution for really demanding games, in the end pixels arent everything.

Hi, there!

I'm new to the forum. Anyway, I was given a free Asus Geforce GT 440 for free because my friend had built a new PC. The GPU is currently horrible and old. I've also made a decision to move from console to PC (YAY!). I've got an issue. My dad won't let me buy a new card because he said that I've got one. I do, but its rubbish no current games play it, and I want to try out H1Z1, but obviously I cant' play on medium settings because of the card.

I don't know that to do! :(

Welcome to the forum :)

If I were you I would sell the asus one get some money , save more and build a console pc of budget 500 $

show him how your games run and say those are the lowest settings

And respond back in my day we played in spectrum this looks fine to me xD

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

if the 440 is anywhere near the 640 you'll still have better graphics than on consoles.

i have a GTS450 D:

yeah its nothing like the 640 the 440 is 2 years older than it

Make him play

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Welcome to the forum :)

If I were you I would sell the asus one get some money , save more and build a console pc of budget 500 $

My current build is:

i5 4690 

8GB RAM

1x 120GB SSD

2x 250GB Drives (had them from my old system)

Asus Z-97A 

Coolermaster K280 

overall price was £440

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

i spent about 8 years with a pc so bad i could only play games at 800x600 on lowest quality and even then most of the time my framed dipped below 30fps! but in that time i saved up all my money and eventlly ended up with a damn decent gaming pc!!

sadly by that time i was 18 and had a job.. so my dream pc id waited years for was upgraded beyond recognition within months!!

basically what I'm saying is if you've got strict parents theres not much you can do.. so just feel lucky you can play games at all!!

could always sell you console... or sabotage your computer like i did once so my mum and dad bought me a new one... ha was so funny how the family computer started working again as soon as i had my own... 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Sell the GPU for nothing and get a new one

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

My current build is:

i5 4690 

8GB RAM

1x 120GB SSD

2x 250GB Drives (had them from my old system)

Asus Z-97A 

Coolermaster K280 

overall price was £440

Excellent build i suggest a 750ti or a GTX 960, R9 280 or 285

Excellent build i suggest a 750ti or a GTX 960, R9 280 or 285

I can't buy one because my dad said " i have one" a crappy Gt 440

i spent about 8 years with a pc so bad i could only play games at 800x600 on lowest quality and even then most of the time my framed dipped below 30fps! but in that time i saved up all my money and eventlly ended up with a damn decent gaming pc!!

sadly by that time i was 18 and had a job.. so my dream pc id waited years for was upgraded beyond recognition within months!!

basically what I'm saying is if you've got strict parents theres not much you can do.. so just feel lucky you can play games at all!!

could always sell you console... or sabotage your computer like i did once so my mum and dad bought me a new one... ha was so funny how the family computer started working again as soon as i had my own... 

Just build it in secrecy . Use an old tower or the one you have and upgrade the inside . Not knowing anything about pc it is an advantage you have over your parents they wont notice a difrence

Buy it without knowing he wont understand much since he has no idea of pc.And upgrade it while he is in his job . First step is to find a shop you have easy acces to then book the gpu you want online . After he leaves for job or just find a good excuse or just cover it with other sport activity and conceal it in a back while you are returning . Just think ways to bypass it , it is easy

Buy it without knowing he wont understand much since he has no idea of pc.And upgrade it while he is in his job . First step is to find a shop you have easy acces to then book the gpu you want online . After he leaves for job or just find a good excuse or just cover it with other sport activity and conceal it in a back while you are returning . Just think ways to bypass it , it is easy

My dad is a System Analyst. He's been building PC's and working with them for the past 23 years..

My dad is a System Analyst. He's been building PC's and working with them for the past 23 years..

Wellllllll oc till you burn it and then say you must buy a new one because it was faulty and too old or tamper with it until it burns by itself .What screen analysis you play ? and what games you aim to play ?because my 450 can play some games in high settings with the oc i have done to it. But still i dont think he will undestand a big difrence if you just change the gpu maybe trying to match the colors of the new one with the old one thus the difrence be even smaller .Match size / color and you can still deceive him.Deceive young one JOIN THE DARK SIDE

EDIT: low end gpu gaming hints: (coming from a guy that used to do 1440p on a GT640)

- turn off anti aliasing.

- turn off shadows, reflections and other raytracing-like effects.

- set textures to medium or high depending on the game, and the amount of Vram (probably gonna be medium for you)

- lower viewing distance one notch, this wont be visibly annoying in most cases.

- does the game have fancy effects like "soften", etc? turn them on and off a few times, see what it does to performance, and see if you actually like the effect.

- try lowering your screen resolution for really demanding games, in the end pixels arent everything.

My friend let use his account for H1Z1. I did exactly that. With medium at 1366x768 i get around 25 fps.

sell i on ebay then say you dont have one :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

(coming from a guy that used to do 1440p on a GT640)

5425058+_13b30f862cba4dbbb8c05ccb12595ea

@Abdul201588

Your overall system is quite good. It's really the graphics card that is holding it back... by a lot...

Try to ask your father if you do some chores for a week or two if that will be enough for you to get something like a GTX 750ti, or a R7 260X.

Or if you are able to manage to save up some money here and there so that you can buy it yourself.

I have a job, I work 3 days a week. I have enough money to build another computer. I built the computer myself. I don't understand why he won't let me buy it. :(